The Draft Network Studs and Duds with Market Value some of the UFAs

MAJBobby

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/studs-and-duds-market-value-buys-in-2020-nfl-free-agency

Notables - I would do BOTH these at these assigned values

A.J. GREEN, WR

Projected average per year salary: $9.1 million

YANNICK NGAKOUE, DE
Projected average per year salary: $17.1 million

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I will take those two signings along with Hooper :). Then this draft I just did on their site

22 Laviska Shenault Jr., WR Colorado

54 Joshua Uche, EDGE Michigan

86 Tyler Biadasz, IOL Wisconsin

118 Raequan Williams, IDL Michigan State

137 Chase Lucas , CB Arizona State

149 Michael Onwenu, IOL Michigan

168 Lamical Perine, RB Florida

181 Scott Frantz , OT Kansas State

187 Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB Appalachian State

• Like (+1) 8

Just now, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Don’t like the idea of taking Green. A little too late in his career and far too often injured. This is the draft to get multiple WR’s if there ever was one.

Sign AJ Green to a 2 year 18M deal

Draft 2 WRs

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

How many WR’s are you going to have on the roster?

We have 2 legit NFL ones right now.

AJ Green adds 3.

My 1st round WR adds 4

My Later WR makes it maybe 5 or to the PS if he cannot beat out what is on the roster

So 6 like ALWAYS

Need 90 players to get to camp

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

We have 2 legit NFL ones right now.

AJ Green adds 3.

My 1st round WR adds 4

My Later WR makes it maybe 5 or to the PS if he cannot beat out what is on the roster

So 6 like ALWAYS

Need 90 players to get to camp

I think it depends on where Roberts sits. I tend to think of him as just ST. He can’t be higher than 6 (or 7). I would be totally fine if Roberts, Brown and Beasley are the only guys back from last year. McKenzie or Duke can be 5 or 6. Anyway you slice it though you need 2 to 3 more including a number 1. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/studs-and-duds-market-value-buys-in-2020-nfl-free-agency

Notables - I would do BOTH these at these assigned values

A.J. GREEN, WR

Projected average per year salary: $9.1 million

YANNICK NGAKOUE, DE
Projected average per year salary: $17.1 million

On Ngakoue, I have no clue why anyone thinks he is getting anything less than 19 or 20 million dollars a year.

Frank Clark got 20 million last year on a 188.2 million dollar cap

Trey Flowers got 18 Million last year on a 188.2 million dollar cap

Ngaekou is younger than both those players, and is more productive than both of those players.   Why would a younger, more productive player, on a larger salary cap suddenly get less money?  It doesnt make any sense.   Logic and inflation would tell you his Projected salary shouldnt be anything under 22 million dollars a year.   And if teams get into a bidding war he will be the highest paid edge rusher, 3-4 or 4-3 in the league, easy.

Its fun to talk about Ngaekou, Cooper, Austin Hooper and Hunter Henry.  But once the Bills pay White, Milano, Dawkins and Poyer those guys will not be in play, 82 Million goes away relatively quickly when you have to pay your own players, and the Bills have to, this year and for the next few years.

Bills fans better get more acquainted with the second and third level of free agents, because I would be amazed if Beane gave out a 20 million dollar contract to a guy who has never been in the building.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

On Ngakoue, I have no clue why anyone thinks he is getting anything less than 19 or 20 million dollars a year.

Ngaekou is younger than both those players, and is more productive than both of those players.   Why would a younger, more productive player, on a larger salary cap suddenly get less money?  It doesnt make any sense.   Logic and inflation would tell you his Projected salary shouldnt be anything under 22 million dollars a year.   And if teams get into a bidding war he will be the highest paid edge rusher, 3-4 or 4-3 in the league, easy.

Its fun to talk about Ngaekou, Cooper, Austin Hooper and Hunter Henry.  But once the Bills pay White, Milano, Dawkins and Poyer those guys will not be in play, 82 Million goes away relatively quickly when you have to pay your own players, and the Bills have to, this year and for the next few years.

Bills fans better get more acquainted with the second and third level of free agents, because I would be amazed if Beane gave out a 20 million dollar contract to a guy who has never been in the building.

agreed..although they could splash on a high priced guy and front load it simply while they have allen on his rookie deal

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I would be guessing Green signs a 1 yr deal around $13M

Perfect. We aren’t spending to the cap this year imo.  Might as well pay big on one and two year deals, which is this teams best window to win, before allen gets paid.

4 minutes ago, ogham26 said:

agreed..although they could splash on a high priced guy and front load it simply while they have allen on his rookie deal

Potentially, but keep in mind they will need carry over cap for guys like Tremaine as well.   They will need to front load White, Dakwins, and Milano, because as sickening as it sounds if the cap gets to 224 million Allen's 5th year option may end up being around 34 million dollars if QB's keep getting contracts like they are.

20 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The biggest free agent signing will be re-signing Shaq imo.  He won't cost anything near Ngouke and will let the Bills extend some of their own.  I think they sign a FA RB (Breida or Jordan Howard), a WR (Perriman or someone similar), and a DT to be backup to Oliver. I believe Beane will fill enough holes thru FA to draft BPA in first round but pick a WR, DE, or CB with first pick.  I'm leaning WR in first but if they can upgrade either Murphy or Wallace I think Beane will go that route.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Im not necessarily saying they should, but they could sign Hooper  (whom I would prefer to Henry)  if they wanted.. 

He would probably be around $10Mil per year and would be an upgrade on Kroft who would be let go .( saving $5M per year)..

I agree though that Ngakoue seems a bit of a pipe dream...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

they can sign anyone they want. Cap is not an issue never is an issue so they can easily sign Him, Hooper, Cooper if they really wanted too. 

the reality is the Cap GOES UP on AVG 10M every year. Yeah there is room to do what they want 

also be innovative (other owners will be pissed) but tell UFA you will put a no Franchise Tag clause for a smaller AVV essentially the player buying their UFA 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Why do so many people say we will not sign anyone but 2-3rd tier free agents? What is the point of all this cap space if we use it on just our own plus some lower level free agents. This roster has a ton of good 2-3rd level guys. If we have $90M in cap and our QB is on his rookie contract we better sign a couple top level guys. That is what this team needs to get over the hump. 

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Why do so many people say we will not sign anyone but 2-3rd tier free agents? What is the point of all this cap space if we use it on just our own plus some lower level free agents. This roster has a ton of good 2-3rd level guys. If we have $90M in cap and our QB is on his rookie contract we better sign a couple top level guys. That is what this team needs to get over the hump. 

That is what they are conditioned to do. 

the reality is that isn’t the Bills anymore. They can quote the sign your own stuff but this FO did make Mitch Morse the Highest Paid Center. And gave a one dimensional DT 10M AVV. 

who also were in on AB and OBJ trades knowing they both would have come with a nice new contract. 

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Im questioning whether they are going to sign guys at $18M to $20M a year....

It seems contrary to what Beane says.. although he has been known to not always practice what he preaches....