The NFL Network is foolish to make Kobe's death a tragedy!

Stallions

I know the NFL is majority black and most of the players love basketball.  PLEASE - stop the hero worship for a man that raped a 19 year old girl and got away with it for $2.5 million.

What message does that send to the fans!

This is the report and statements from Mr. Bryant:

Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.[21]

When asked about bruises on the accuser's neck, Bryant admitted to "strangling" her during the encounter, stating that he held her "from the back" "around her neck",that strangling during sex was his "thing" and that he had a pattern of strangling a different sex partner (not his wife) during their recurring sexual encounters. When asked how hard he was holding onto her neck, Bryant stated, "My hands are strong. I don't know." 

In March 2005, the two parties settled that lawsuit. The terms of the settlement were not disclosed to the public.[23] The Los Angeles Times reported that legal experts estimated the settlement was more than $2.5 million.[24]

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I never understood immortalizing athletes in particular. I feel sorry for his family like I would anyone else’s family, esp losing a person so young, but I never met the guy, watched him play basketball, and don’t feel some overwhelming dread like some are portraying on social media. 

Young people die everyday who do great things that go unnoticed and don’t get any credit. 

• Like (+1) 6

32 minutes ago, Gambit said:

And you're foolish to also make this just about him! I mean ffs two young ladies lost their lives. 

Considering vast majority of those talkimg about/reporting on it don't mention his daughter dying with him, it's not just the OP.

• Like (+1) 1