Kobe Bryant: Killed in Helicopter crash (update: NTSB prelim. report)

DrDawkinstein

An awful tragedy and seems it just got worse. Very sad all the way around. Terrible look by CNN ( reportedly) mentioning his transgression. Definitely not the time and Kobe Bryant did a lot more good than bad in life. Nobody’s perfect and he was well respected . RIP

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....unconfirmed reports that it crashed into a hillside during foggy conditions....if so, why would you risk it?............terrible............

It's wasn't that foggy.  Local LA TV was reporting on it live early on before they had any idea who was on board.

49 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

This is going to be one of those "where were you when" moments. So sad.

I’ll remember, in part because I heard in a text from my son while actually doing something with family that was very memorable  in it’s own right.

I remember hearing the news about Magic being HIV positive on the car radio on the way back from a work golf tournament outside Columbia, SC right after hurricane Hugo. The course had lost almost every tree, and they were piled up in areas like mountains. It was downright spooky! I remember very specific details about that entire day. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think it’s bigger than just “sports news.” He was a very well known personality outside of the world of sports and this is sudden and tragic. Not Pearl Harbor, but not nothing.

I agree it’s a big story. My gf said “I heard Kobe Johnson crashed in a helicopter”

clearly she doesn’t care about basketball and it made it to her... which says a lot.

but also most people won’t remember where they were either 

Just now, NoSaint said:

I agree it’s a big story. My gf said “I heard Kobe Johnson crashed in a helicopter”

clearly she doesn’t care about basketball and it made it to her... which says a lot.

but also most people won’t remember where they were either 

yeah, probably not. It’s not a wholesale tragedy like 9/11 or such things. 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll remember, in part because I heard in a text from my son while actually doing something with family that was very memorable  in it’s own right.

I remember hearing the news about Magic being HIV positive on the car radio on the way back from a work golf tournament outside Columbia, SC right after hurricane Hugo. The course had lost almost every tree, and they were piled up in areas like mountains. It was downright spooky! I remember very specific details about that entire day. 

Magic was 10 times more known than Kobe. HIV was a distant thing so that elevated HIV to not being just a gay person disease.

the issue of where were you when would only occur with local Lakers fans.  Kobe is not st that celebrity level.

25 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think it’s bigger than just “sports news.” He was a very well known personality outside of the world of sports and this is sudden and tragic. Not Pearl Harbor, but not nothing.

Absolutely big news. Impeachment BS and corona virus got bumped off the top of Drudge for it.