Kobe Bryant: Killed in Helicopter crash (update: NTSB prelim. report)

DrDawkinstein

13 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I bet the foggy weather was normal for LA. But still— would think that pilots Rolf helicopters shouldn’t risk it with any kind of iffy weather. All those tour Helicopter crashes  In Hawaii also involve a weather issue just about every time. 

Easy to say but I bet you hop in the car on rainy or even snowy days too. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rico said:

I'm sad today, but I was bawling the day Munson died.

How long after it happened did you learn about it?  

I think George wanted to initially forfeit the game that night or the next night?  I think they wound up winning against the Orioles 

49 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If you were a multi-millionaire in LA you'd do the same.

Philip Rivers helicoptered to the Chargers facility every day since the team moved there. Probably saves 4-5 hours stuck in a car each day.

I thought Rivers had a special Cruisemobile built that he used to commute from San Diego?  Used the time to watch film

12 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Roberto Clemente, too.

Though I’m not a racing fan, I remember dale ernhardt being a big story 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought Rivers had a special Cruisemobile built that he used to commute from San Diego?  Used the time to watch film

Yes. It was a souped up RV, he had a driver 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The establishment media is truly terrible. I get that it's a story, but give it a day or two (or week) before launching into what's is essentially "he deserved it" coverage. 

(Daily Beast and WaPo reporter)

The entire coverage today has been terrible. From top to bottom. 

I think most ive seen bring that up aren’t saying he deserved it, so much as he might not deserve the pedestal

its a big world with lots of opinions out there. If you believe him guilty, and especially if you have some sort of history with it, I imagine it’d be particularly hard to bite your tongue.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

How long after it happened did you learn about it?  

I think George wanted to initially forfeit the game that night or the next night?  I think they wound up winning against the Orioles 

That I don't remember, but I did listen to the next game on the radio. :(

Just now, NoSaint said:

I think most ive seen bring that up aren’t saying he deserved it, so much as he might not deserve the pedestal

its a big world with lots of opinions out there. If you believe him guilty, and especially if you have some sort of history with it, I imagine it’d be particularly hard to bite your tongue.

Agreed. The deserved it comment was the subtext, not overt statements (by media -- online it's a different story where people are saying that, but that's not the real world). 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Though I’m not a racing fan, I remember dale ernhardt being a big story 

Yes. It was a souped up RV, he had a driver 

i was going to say DE especially being an “on the field” event at the sports biggest day... but not sure he was even remotely close to the same stratosphere 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can you imagine playing on a middle school basketball team coached by Kobe Bryant?  My goodness!

Seriously!!

Also ... can you imagine being a 17 or 18-year-old high school basketball player, playing against him??

My heart hurts over this.  He was a gifted athlete and, from what I could always tell, a top-notch human being.  RIP.

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Sad thing nowadays, is if you make a mistake, even if you completely turn your life around, there will be people that will forever hold you accountable for past mistakes and can never forgive. Pretty sad way to live 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3