Kobe Bryant: Killed in Helicopter crash (update: NTSB prelim. report)

DrDawkinstein

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm trying to get over the idea of taking a helicopter to a kid's basketball practice.

Live me in LA where traffic is hell.  If you could afford it you’d get around by cooter too.

Edited by djp14150

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm trying to get over the idea of taking a helicopter to a kid's basketball practice.

If you were a multi-millionaire in LA you'd do the same.

Philip Rivers helicoptered to the Chargers facility every day since the team moved there. Probably saves 4-5 hours stuck in a car each day.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll remember, in part because I heard in a text from my son while actually doing something with family that was very memorable  in it’s own right.

I remember hearing the news about Magic being HIV positive on the car radio on the way back from a work golf tournament outside Columbia, SC right after hurricane Hugo. The course had lost almost every tree, and they were piled up in areas like mountains. It was downright spooky! I remember very specific details about that entire day. 

Yes, those things tend to stick. I remember the Payne Stewart tragedy very well -- and I hate golf! I was glued to the news as the macabre details emerged -- most notably an airplane on autopilot carrying a bunch of lifeless bodies.

Given who Kobe was -- and the timing with Lebron -- this will be 1). legendary and 2). fodder for conspiracy theorists.

My wife cried. My wife's family 12 time zones away cried. I know I'll never forget today.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

There's reports going around saying all his kids were in the helicopter. Unconfirmed right now and I hope it's wrong 

Nope, it was the Pilot, Kobe, his daughter, his daighter's team mate, and their parent. That's the 5. Been confirmed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Magic was 10 times more known than Kobe. HIV was a distant thing so that elevated HIV to not being just a gay person disease.

the issue of where were you when would only occur with local Lakers fans.  Kobe is not st that celebrity level.

I’m not a local Lakers fan, or even an NBA fan, but I thought I’d remember. Thanks for correcting me on that!   :)

(I still think I’ll remember, for the reason I already mentioned.)

Man, it’s tough even trying to watch the pro bowl right now. All the announcers keep getting choked up and it keeps making me get all choked up again. 

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

what really upsets me:  Kobe spent his final moments being in fear for his daughters life.  Just not fair.

I keep thinking about what they all went through. How scared those poor kids had to be... ?

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Man, it’s tough even trying to watch the pro bowl right now. All the announcers keep getting choked up and it keeps making me get all choked up again. 

Yea was tough to watch booger and joe get choked up and have to stop talking about it. They pulled it together real quick too, props to them. 

• Like (+1) 1