Can Tasker still make the HOF?

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame.

NONSENSE

But he’ll have to buy a ticket like everyone else, I’m afraid. Even though it feels watered down at times, I still don’t see him as really belonging. Certainly worthy of consideration, but I just don’t see it. 

32 minutes ago, njbuff said:

That's tough.

He was the very best at what he did, but a guy like Bennie Thompson was right there as a STer too.

Best at what, though?  How many Bills victories can one look back on and say, "damn, if it wasn't for Tasker, we'd have lost that one?"

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Please check in here if you believe Tasker should be in and Eli shouldn’t. 

its call a homer test. 

So trying to understand - the best ST player vs an average QB.

But,but,but Eli won 2 Super Bowls.  Then let in all SB winning QBs and players.

Edited by Just Joshin'
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

He doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame.

For his ST position, yes he does. If punters and kickers can get in, then so should someone who was unquestionably the best at what he did on the same unit. 

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Best at what, though?  How many Bills victories can one look back on and say, "damn, if it wasn't for Tasker, we'd have lost that one?"

Is that what they say about Ray Guy? And FWIW, happy to link you his highlight reels and then feel free to let us know :D

1 hour ago, Braedenstearns said:

Is there still a chance for him to make the HOF? Or has he maxed out on attempts?

The truth is that the entire NFL considers STs as the beaten rented mule of pro football, just is, and it reflects as such with examples like this. 

Go Bills!!!