Next Bills player for surgery?

My understand the interest, but I’m just happy these guys went for it as soon as they were out, vs. prolonging the inevitable.  The other positive is these guys gutted it out through part or all the season to get us in and try our best to win playoff games.  I’m proud of these guys, as they are trying to be ready as soon as possible to get back at it the earliest they can finish their rehab.  They gave up a vacation with the family, like a lot of players do in the league, and I may be taking a leap, but to me it looks like they are 100% committed to this team and family approach McD has been preaching for three years.

Oh, and as always thanks Hapless for the topic.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Since we probably won’t resign, Jordan Phillips as someone will pay him more than we are willing to do (hope he is disappointed and not offered the big contract as I see $6 mil. As a fair price.  Anyway, Harrison Phillips will be a nice add for the team next year.  He was so good against the run when he played.

23 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Jerry Hughes - ligaments may be healed up enough, depending on specifics?

I have had ligaments heal up without surgery. I wore a walking boot for 6 weeks.

Since Jerry reportedly played with torn ligaments, maybe it's a mild case that can be addressed without surgery.

1 hour ago, boater said:

I have had ligaments heal up without surgery. I wore a walking boot for 6 weeks.

Since Jerry reportedly played with torn ligaments, maybe it's a mild case that can be addressed without surgery.

Hughes did the obligatory social media thing from a hospital room post-surgery, so he did have surgery on an arm - assumption would be, on wrist ligaments.

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

(Horrible Harry) He had surgery on October 1st.

So maybe back in June, or at least by training camp?

On 1/25/2020 at 1:31 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

so in his Sr Bowl presser (I think) Beane mentioned that he thought we'd have "4 or 5" players in red non-contact jerseys this spring

So far we have:

Cody Ford

Mongo Feliciano

Ed Oliver

That's 3 or 4

So, Anyone else?  Who's next?

I saw levi in a shoulder splint too. Is there a surgery there too?

On 1/26/2020 at 11:46 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yikes, meaning he may not be back at full go for the season?

I think he’ll be ready to go fairly early. The surgery and rehab is friggin’ amazing these days. My son had his ACL surgery 6/24 (hamstring graft and the same day/graft as Tiger Woods) and he was playing in a Thanksgiving Day hoops tournament five months later. NOT 100% and still had a long way to go to trust it, but.....it’s amazing! It used to be a career ending injury. Now, it’s a setback. One way in which the world is a better place. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Was this in B'lo still?

Didn't he leave the Eagles game with a shoulder injury and miss some practice the following week?  Could be something he was playing through, I guess?

Not sure but he got off of one of my planes with the same shoulder splint as Cody has on but heard nothing about a surgery. 

On 1/25/2020 at 1:31 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

so in his Sr Bowl presser (I think) Beane mentioned that he thought we'd have "4 or 5" players in red non-contact jerseys this spring

So far we have:

Cody Ford

Mongo Feliciano

Ed Oliver

That's 3 or 4

So, Anyone else?  Who's next?

Buffalo Bills defensive end Jerry Hughes became the fourth member of the team to post to social media since the season ended about having offseason surgery.

Defensive tackle Ed Oliver (core muscle), guard Jon Feliciano (rotator cuff) and right tackle Cody Ford (shoulder) all previously also posted about procedures they had.

Earlier this week Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane said at the Senior Bowl that he expects all players on the team who had offseason surgery be good to go by training camp.

thats all I saw in my search