FOX Sports tabs Devin Singletary RoTY candidate

Gambit

4 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Murray would be way ahead of Singletary as well.

Bosa as well. You can even argue for guys like Deebo Samuel, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown and the list goes on. TALENT WISE? He will probably end up being top 5 at worst. But missing multiple games and having an OC that refuses to utilize you correctly doesnt bod well for any realistic shot at a ROTY campaign.

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

He was underutilized as well as injured for a few games. Daboll needs to learn to lean more on this offenses strengths. Go all out to bolster our OL and add a more physical RB to backup Singletary in 2020.

I blame Kelly Skipper, every time Singletary was starting to get going and the offense was moving the ball Skipper would take Singletary out and put in Gore which Gore would run into the line and lose 5 or get 1 yard and the offense would be forced to punt.

• Like (+1) 1

His utilization rate is one of the most baffling in the league. All those games where he had <10 carries but averaged 7+ yards/per, while Gore had more touches, just makes no sense. He'd be playing in the Pro Bowl if he was used correctly.

It makes no sense to load-manage Running Backs. Most have a shelf life of 6-7 years, there's no reason not to use them heavily.

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I love Singletary, but there is no way he’ll get it.  If he started all 16 games, his stats would be a lot higher and would have a chance.

I agree.  He didn't have the touches to qualify with the other candidates.  If he did and put up the same ratios, then one could argue he was the best offensive rookie player. 

Nice to see a nomination for him and some recognition but his stats are lucky to be a top 10 rookie performance. 
Between the injury and the lack of touches it’s not his fault. Had he played the whole year and been healthy he very well could of been rookie of the year. 

5 hours ago, 947 said:

His utilization rate is one of the most baffling in the league. All those games where he had <10 carries but averaged 7+ yards/per, while Gore had more touches, just makes no sense. He'd be playing in the Pro Bowl if he was used correctly.

It makes no sense to load-manage Running Backs. Most have a shelf life of 6-7 years, there's no reason not to use them heavily.

I think so too.  As long as they can pass protect, which I'm guessing Motor is decent at.  One of the many advantages of good running is using that play action pass once in awhile.   

Keep Singletary on the field and lets get some bigger leads to work with next year so we can run our power back and keep #26 healthy.

Gore had some games early in the season when he was very good, let's not forget.  His ability tailed off a lot as the season progressed.  I don't know if he got hurt and that affected his play.

Daboll should have recognized the shift between Gore and Singletary's abilities, and used DS much more.  I agree with the posters.