Mel Kiper has the bills taking Shenault Jr

One thing I appreciate about Beane is that I am basically sure that we won’t be drafting a CJ Spiller, McCargo or Maybin again. For me, that makes the draft all the more fun. 

Last year I was somewhat stunned with the Singletary pick but, as per usual, Beane was right. My point is, whomever they pick, it has a high probability of being the right pick!

• Like (+1) 31
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Is this guy ever right?

Well he sat on nfl live last spring and got made fun of by the whole panel when he stuck his neck out for Allen and predicted Allen and the team would do well. Been posted on here a couple times..... so there’s that I guess 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

38 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Is this guy ever right?

Well, here's a list of his biggest misses. To be fair, a lot of people missed on these guys. Add to the list Chris Spielman, who he saw as a decent player who would go in 4th or 5th round. In fairness to him, a lot of folks missed on these guys. But Mel is clearly not a man of his word, saying about Jimmy Clausen "If he is not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, I'm done. That's it. I'm out."

https://www.thesportster.com/football/mel-kipers-top-15-biggest-draft-mistakes/

The only one able to accurately predict Bills top picks is Berman's cabbie.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't particularly like Shenault as a WR prospect.  He seems more athlete than refined WR to me kind of like Cordarelle Patterson was coming out of Tennessee.  To me there is a lot of risk that he never becomes a dominant WR and is just more of as gadget player.  

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, eball said:

His highlight reel looks good but only 4 receiving TDs last year?

He was hurt much of season.  Played through a lot even though he could have shut it down for NFL.

Watch this piece on Laviska and his family.

https://pac-12.com/videos/laviska-shenault-jr-credits-inspiration-his-late-father-success-colorado

I’m a Denver resident, CU fan, and have seen him play many times in person.  He is a stud athlete, versatile, with good hands but has been a bit injury prone.

He is a amazing kid, with tough story.  Would love him with the Bills, but needs to prove he can stay healthy.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I like the pick, but under certain scenarios.

My ideal one.... 

Get us a RT & EDGE in Free Agency.  Re-sign Shaq Lawson, Quinton Spain & Kevin Johnson.  Cut Murphy.  Let Phillips walk.  

Draft Swiss army knife Shenault in the 1st. 

A pure WR in the 2nd. 

RB in the 3rd. 

DT in the 4th. 

We don’t have a need for all our picks so I’d expect later picks to be used as draft ammo to move around. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

Last year I was somewhat stunned with the Singletary pick but, as per usual, Beane was right. My point is, whomever they pick, it has a high probability of being the right pick!

What the Singletary pick shows is that fans and pundits can make Mock Drafts based on what they see as needs of any team, however none of us knows what’s going on inside the building or the locker room. Only Team management knows which current Bills players have a problem (injury, attitude, contract), etc. 

• Like (+1) 3

I guess this comes with the (rare) excitement of having a playoff season...but i can’t get into the mocks when we are picking late in the draft. There is just to much happening in front. I still want the bills to look at certain players obviously but these draft expert’s have no clue for the 20s. They barely get close on the top 5-10. I like of feel like we may move anyway. Probably up but hard to feel strong about anything with this team. They play it close to the vest. The only thing I know is, for the first time in forever I actually trust the guys in charge of picking players. That’s a good feeling.

• Like (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

He was hurt much of season.  Played through a lot even though he could have shut it down for NFL.

Watch this piece on Laviska and his family.

https://pac-12.com/videos/laviska-shenault-jr-credits-inspiration-his-late-father-success-colorado

I’m a Denver resident, CU fan, and have seen him play many times in person.  He is a stud athlete, versatile, with good hands but has been a bit injury prone.

He is a amazing kid, with tough story.  Would love him with the Bills, but needs to prove he can stay healthy.

Smells like process. Looks like process.

And what a heartbreaking story about his father. Would absolutely love to see him here. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

My ideal one.... 

Get us a RT & EDGE in Free Agency.  Re-sign Shaq Lawson, Quinton Spain & Kevin Johnson.  Cut Murphy.  Let Phillips walk.  

A pure WR in the 2nd. 

RB in the 3rd. 

DT in the 4th. 

We don’t have a need for all our picks so I’d expect later picks to be used as draft ammo to move around. 

Is a 'pure' WR the same as a 'true' WR?

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

My ideal one.... 

A pure WR in the 2nd. 

RB in the 3rd. 

DT in the 4th. 

I agree with everything here. Protect yourself by drafting a wr in the 2nd. This will help insulate any risk from Shenault. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

yes please. he is quick, physical, amazing hands, and can run pretty much any route

most well rounded WR to come out of the draft in years. 

Are you talking about the same guy?  He has a very limited route tree, doesn’t run them particularly well, and he has poor technique coming off the line.  He’s a physical freak, but well rounded he ain’t.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

Are you talking about the same guy?  He has a very limited route tree, doesn’t run them particularly well, and he has poor technique coming off the line.  He’s a physical freak, but well rounded he ain’t.

Indeed. Laviska is a RB playing WR right now.

• Like (+1) 1