Pro Bowl Player Poll--Worst City to Travel To

Lurker

10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It works both ways.

There are millions of people who work in NYC that live in NJ.

You should have mentioned that fact.

I did.  Without those high earners and the city they work in, NJ “wouldn’t work”, as you say. 

19 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It may not be Hawaii but NO charm?

From Theatre district to Allentown to Olmstead Parks to West village historic district

There is tons of charm in Buffalo

The Primma Donna's don't care about that they want the party scene they want to be able to go out in their Lambo's & Bentley's & impress all the other rich folks & parade around with their bling hanging every where so they can show every body else how rich they are paid for playing a game !!

They for sure don't care about history like playing at Lambeau, Buffalo, Cleveland, especially in Dec. & Jan. but their minds change a bit when they here what the guys on the team say was one of those questions posed to a Bills player ? I'm thinking not ...

1 minute ago, T master said:

The Primma Donna's don't care about that they want the party scene they want to be able to go out in their Lambo's & Bentley's & impress all the other rich folks & parade around with their bling hanging every where so they can show every body else how rich they are paid for playing a game !!

They for sure don't care about history like playing at Lambeau, Buffalo, Cleveland, especially in Dec. & Jan. but their minds change a bit when they here what the guys on the team say was one of those questions posed to a Bills player ? I'm thinking not ...

...except they don’t do any of that in season. They fly in Saturday afternoon. They have meetings, a meal in the hotel and go to sleep. They get up, have breakfast and take a bus to the stadium. They play a game and take a bus to the airport. That’s the same routine whether you are in Miami or Buffalo. The stadium, hotel, weather and visiting locker room are what they do not like. It has nothing to do with architecture, nightlife, restaurants, etc...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Sunshower said:

I think the only way to revitalize Buffalo is via jobs.

I think those are already happening.

i think you also have to retain your population. Can’t have kids going to college and never coming back. Or keep college kids who grad from UB and Buff State in Buffalo. 
I am not saying a stadium will solve everything but a happening downtown can attract more corporations. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...except they don’t do any of that in season. They fly in Saturday afternoon. They have meetings, a meal in the hotel and go to sleep. They get up, have breakfast and take a bus to the stadium. They play a game and take a bus to the airport. That’s the same routine whether you are in Miami or Buffalo. The stadium, hotel, weather and visiting locker room are what they do not like. It has nothing to do with architecture, nightlife, restaurants, etc...

Yeah, most guys like Buffalo once they play here. They live in a bubble that makes it tough to be educated on these matters. Nightlife might not be glitzy, but it works for most of our players. Opposing players don’t get to experience much of anything. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Lurker said:

Per The Athletic:    https://theathletic.com/1554733/2020/01/24/pro-bowl-confidential-players-on-marijuana-testing-coaches-theyd-like-to-play-for-worst-city-to-travel-to-more/

Worst NFL city to travel to:

That naturally sets up the opposite. And if they had hesitation even anonymously identifying individual players as overrated, there was no such kindness here. One player offered up four cities before being politely asked to choose the worst one.

BUFFALO, yes, was the runaway winner, named by 10(!) players. “No charm, and all the negatives of Green Bay,” one player said. “Anywhere on the East Coast” was another response, declining to pick a single city. Said another who rarely leaves the hotel on the road: “I judge a city by the locker room, and Oakland has the worst.”

Also receiving votes:

Cincinnati (4)

Green Bay (4)

Oakland (4)

Cleveland (3)

They should get them to stay in Niagara Falls Ontario,  plenty of great food places/  stripclubs and loads of 5star hotels.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

I currently split my time between Sarasota, San Diego and Vienna Au. Spend a few weeks a year  on Canandaigua, usually during training camp.  

66 years young. 

You?

Life long WNY-er (63 years).   Glad you're happy elsewhere...

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

I currently split my time between Sarasota, San Diego and Vienna Au. Spend a few weeks a year  on Canandaigua, usually during training camp.  

All those far flung places, and you won’t ante up to read a Buffalo News article.  Interesting.  ?

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Really, who cares what those players say?  They don't know very much about any of the cities they go to.

As important: why is it an insult to be the worst nfl day trip for these guys?

Is it meaningful in any way that the rams are not looking forward to flying into buffalo and praying it’s not late in the season? Does that insult the residents?