Pro Bowl Player Poll--Worst City to Travel To

Lurker

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Didn't Lombardi make the visiting lockerroom in Green Bay miserable... Even went to far as to cut the heat.  Nice!

The Iowa visiting locker room is the most famous I believe. That dump in Oakland is pretty famous too.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2017/9/23/16320460/iowa-hawkeyes-pink-locker-rooms

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Can someone freaking tell me what other east coast cities have to offer that we don’t? 

Are u serious? Boston, Washington, Miami, NYC? World class hotels, dining, and entertainment. You can love living in Buffalo but as someone else said no one wants to visit Buffalo.

45 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I LOVE it personally. Means our opponents hate coming here , which is a good thing. 

We gotta take the East. Make them come in January and hate every second of it! 

Lol. Most of the best players are from the South. They wont like playing in Buffalo in January either

15 hours ago, Utah John said:

I wonder if visiting teams usually stay in hotels downtown, or near the airport, or near the stadium.  

Some of them would probably rather stay in Toronto and take a bus ride to OP on Sunday morning.

If the bus gets delayed past start of game time is that a forfeit?

14 hours ago, MJS said:

The home locker room is pretty nice. I guess they should update the visiting locker room as well. Potential free agents shouldn't come away with a negative perspective of the facilities after a game here.

When they do that they can install some microphones to make New England feel at home.

14 hours ago, NoSaint said:

You should just accept you have different priorities than many if you think Miami, Boston, DC, NYC, Philly, offer similar quality of amenities to Buffalo. 

Buffalo is great for certain lifestyles but Is going to consistently be the odd man out in lists like that.

Yes these players for number of years experience are wealthy and many are looking for places that roll out carpet for them.

It would be nice if the stayed in Buffalo to help chip in for the PSLs some have been pushing for.

I always felt wny is a great place If you have a family. If you’re not of that age or it’s not your thing, the entire area is meh.  I appreciate Rochester so much more now as I get older. I do have a feeling that I’ll grow to dislike it as I get a lot older though. 

Literally, this is the dumbest thing ever.  First of all, who cares if a player likes coming to Buffalo?  2nd, they are like in the city for a day.  3rd, as someone who’s always had a love hate relationship with Buffalo, without exaggeration, this is the greatest Buffalo of my lifetime.  Great owners, new things being built everyday, the Bills making the playoffs, a rap group that just performed on Jimmy Fallon Talking about bricks, best tailgate experience in pro sports.  At this point if you don’t like Buffalo, I couldn’t two ? and it’s your loss.  If we didn’t have crappy weather, it’s my favorite place on earth and where is out of Town Buffalo people  go on vacation. Buffalo is awesome. 

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Football players stay in hotels and eat out.  The best hotels in NY, Philly, and Boston blow away the best hotels in Buffalo.  The best restaurants in those cities blow away the best restaurants in Buffalo.  The best night clubs in NY blow away the best clubs in Buffalo.  Its not what they have. Its the top end quality of what they have.   

Haha hotels Tom Brady.  

put those crap teams in the stadium view inn and feed them McDonald’s 

16 hours ago, njbuff said:

I’ll I can tell you is that I live in NYC and it’s about as overrated a place that you can have in the entire world.

It’s always assumed the world cannot live without there being an NYC.

WRONG.

head back to nj then...

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Literally, this is the dumbest thing ever.  First of all, who cares if a player likes coming to Buffalo?  2nd, they are like in the city for a day.  3rd, as someone who’s always had a love hate relationship with Buffalo, without exaggeration, this is the greatest Buffalo of my lifetime.  Great owners, new things being built everyday, the Bills making the playoffs, a rap group that just performed on Jimmy Fallon Talking about bricks, best tailgate experience in pro sports.  At this point if you don’t like Buffalo, I couldn’t two ? and it’s your loss.  If we didn’t have crappy weather, it’s my favorite place on earth and where is out of Town Buffalo people  go on vacation. Buffalo is awesome. 

Haha hotels Tom Brady.  

put those crap teams in the stadium view inn and feed them McDonald’s 

To your first question.  Apparently the person who did the survey.  To your additional observation.  It seems like the response of a simple minded child. 

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It may not be Hawaii but NO charm?

From Theatre district to Allentown to Olmstead Parks to West village historic district

There is tons of charm in Buffalo

Most of these athletes interviewed have one or two track minds. They don’t even know what charm might look like in some places  

Well, I'm an outsider, living near Montreal. I once stayed at an hotel which I thought was the visiting team's hotel. It's so long ago I don't recall if it was the airport hotel or not. I know it was supposed to be 4 or 5 stars. The restaurant was awful. Tasted really bad, and my GF at the time threw up and I had diarrhea LOL Fun times. Very nice unexpected bonus: going to pee, I came across the whole Bills team coming towards me. I still recall how Flutie seemed bigger in real life while most players didn't seem that big... except Ted Washington, dude was huge ha ha.

For this thread, the point is it was really bad. And most highway and airport drives are not exactly charming. But as mentioned, most young players look for strip clubs and sunshine. There should be good strip clubs as many of the opposing team would break curfew and be in awful shape come game time. Just like what happens for the Habs in hockey as opposing players visit Montreal's lovely gals.

15 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Buffalo- 94 inches a year on average

Cleveland 59

green bay 49

Pitt 44

Detroit 43

Cincinnati 24

its got a rep for a reason. 

WNY doesn't get the snow it used to. That's my issue. Kills skiing and other Winter activities.  I want more snow now. Matters not to me if most like to swelter 3 seasons of the year.

It is imperative to remember, they fly in the afternoon before the game, have meetings, dinner at the hotel, go to sleep and get on a bus to the stadium. This has nothing to do with restaurants and nightlife. That’s not an NFL thing. That’s applicable in the NBA , NHL and definitely in baseball where they spend 3-4 consecutive nights in a city. We are talking about the stadium and hotels, that’s it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

head back to nj then...

I’m all over the NYC metro area Sparky.

My point is, NYC is looked at like this country couldn’t operate without it and that is just false.

Manhattan has the limelight, but very little is talked about how truly awful places like Brooklyn and parts of Queens are. There are a lot of people I run into that can’t stand Brooklyn, so there is that.

By the way, there are parts of NJ I can do without, Newark, for example.

39 minutes ago, Chaos said:

To your first question.  Apparently the person who did the survey.  To your additional observation.  It seems like the response of a simple minded child. 

You type like a simple minded child.  Do some posters even know how pro football teams travel? As Kirby said, they are in the city for a night.  They go out to dinner and stay in a hotel.  

so again, I never got why people care what stupid people say about their hometown if they like it. And 2, this is the most pointless survey ever because nfl teams literally do nothing when they are on road trips.

but betting tip.  Bet on the Miami Heat on any weekend home game.  You’re welcome. 

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

My point is, NYC is looked at like this country couldn’t operate without it and that is just false.

Manhattan has the limelight, but very little is talked about how truly awful places like Brooklyn and parts of Queens are. There are a lot of people I run into that can’t stand Brooklyn, so there is that.

No offense man but I just hate people bashing cities.  Newark ain’t in great shape but a lot of a lot of people have pride in it.  And I’ve had some amazing experiences in Brooklyn.  It’s all about your attitude. I generally find people who talk about how much a place sucks tend to be losers.  Put me in Alaska and as long as it has a bar and a couple of cute women, I will have a better time than a lot of people in Hawaii.  It’s a mindset. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Wow! All over—even Brooklyn AND Queens.

well then, you know all there is to know about the most populous and diverse city in this country.  Everyone who hasn’t been there (or at least those who haven’t done the super deep dive into the “Metro Area” as you have) can safely avoid the place! 

Strong work.  

You know what couldn’t work without NYC? NJ, for starters..

They should only know Buffalo.  Remember when, years ago, the guy on "60 Minutes" dissed Buffalo and the city invited him to finally visit it.  He came in, was hosted and taken around, and was so impressed "60" did an entire mia culpa segment on the city.  And that was prior to the redevelopment commencing.

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow! All over—even Brooklyn AND Queens.

well then, you know all there is to know about the most populous and diverse city in this country.  Everyone who hasn’t been there (or at least those who haven’t done the super deep dive into the “Metro Area” as you have) can safely avoid the place! 

Strong work.  

You know what couldn’t work without NYC? NJ, for starters..

It works both ways.

There are millions of people who work in NYC that live in NJ.

You should have mentioned that fact.

47 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You type like a simple minded child.  Do some posters even know how pro football teams travel? As Kirby said, they are in the city for a night.  They go out to dinner and stay in a hotel.  

so again, I never got why people care what stupid people say about their hometown if they like it. And 2, this is the most pointless survey ever because nfl teams literally do nothing when they are on road trips.

but betting tip.  Bet on the Miami Heat on any weekend home game.  You’re welcome. 

No offense man but I just hate people bashing cities.  Newark ain’t in great shape but a lot of a lot of people have pride in it.  And I’ve had some amazing experiences in Brooklyn.  It’s all about your attitude. I generally find people who talk about how much a place sucks tend to be losers.  Put me in Alaska and as long as it has a bar and a couple of cute women, I will have a better time than a lot of people in Hawaii.  It’s a mindset. 

True statements.

But all this comes back to people bashing Buffalo while never stepping foot in the city.

Every place I comment about I have actually stepped foot in. Numerous times. ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Unfortunately, this is incorrect. Everything is down. A new stadium would require state funding....with the corruption and red tape, it won’t be possible. The economy and population is just not robust enough for a revitalization. 

So, where do you live (and how old are you)?       A whole lot of stuff to unpack in that viewpoint...

• Like (+1) 1