Bills fan petitions NFL to move Super Bowls to Saturdays

The "not invented here" syndrome will probably prevail at 345 Park Avenue for the next 25 years. Then someone will bite the bullet and change it, whereupon they'll (1) Discover more viewership globally with (2) Greater engagement with younger fans, creating a more durable competitive advantage for the business and the sport, (3) Which will drive up the value of the broadcast contracts the other 19 weeks of the year + merchandise uptake.

When I win the presidency as a member of the newly formed American Party, one of my first act’s will be making the Monday after the SB a national holiday and calling it American day. If you don’t watch the SB, you have to work.  And if you are against this idea, you will be deported because you clearly hate America.  

please vote C.Biscuit97

On 1/25/2020 at 1:53 PM, KzooMike said:

It would be brain dead to go up against college football. 

It would also be pretty crappy to do to college kids.  

On 1/24/2020 at 1:43 PM, Greg S said:

The Monday after the Super Bowl should just be declared a national holiday. So many people take off work that Monday anyway (myself included).

Living away from Buffalo, I called in sick after each of the Bills Super Bowls.  I didn’t want to deal with people.

On 1/25/2020 at 7:37 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

If the Bills aren't in the Super Bowl and the Patriots are, I'm rooting for the Patriots.  

Why you ask?  

The answer is quite simple.  The Patriots are our AFL brothers, just like the rest of the old AFL teams are.  Old fans like me remember the days of competing leagues when the NFL was always the enemy.  Now if I have a chance to root for an old AFL team, now in the AFC against an old NFL team, now in the NFC,  I'll be damned if I'm going to root against a former member of "The Foolish Club".  We old guys remember the joy every AFL player and fan felt when the Jets won SBIII.  Listen to some old AFL players talk about it, the Jets victory was considered an AFL victory for everybody involved in the league.

It becomes a little different when an old NFL team that moved to the AFC  the Steelers, Colts, and Ravens (since they are the old Browns) are in the game, then it depends on who their opponent is.  The only time I'll root for the NFC is if I can win money if they win the game.  The last time that happened was when Seattle beat Denver & I was in a post-season pool and needed Seattle to win the game.    

In the 1990s the AFC, as we Bills fans painfully remember, was getting their butts kicked by the NFC every year.  When Denver finally broke the AFC's losing streak I was as happy as if the Bills had won.  I remember going to work the next day with a smile nobody could get off my face.  

So that's why a Bills fan can root for the Patriots in the Super Bowl and a Bills fans should look back in history if that person doesn't understand that rooting for the AFC team in the Super Bowl makes a lot more sense than rooting for the NFC team to win the game.  For similar reasons, it's completely understandable that a self respecting Rams fan can root for the 49ers.  

No, I can’t hate a team like the Patriots all season and then root for them in the SB.