Bills fan petitions NFL to move Super Bowls to Saturdays

Gotta give credit to the Bills fan for this idea, although I personally believe the SB will draw higher ratings on a Sunday, since too many people go out on Saturday nights.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/teenagers-petition-to-move-super-bowl-to-saturday-has-over-30k-signatures/

"The Super Bowl has always taken place on a Sunday, but a New York teen is attempting to change that. Frankie Ruggeri, 16, has tarted a petition on Change.org to get the Super Bowl moved to Saturday going forward."

[...]

""Ruggeri believes that more fans will be able to watch the Super Bowl if it is moved to Saturday. The teen also brings up the point on that petition page that people have to go to work and school on Monday, which means some younger children can't watch the game in its entirety."

[...]

"The petition isn't stopping Ruggeri from staying up to watch the big game. Ruggeri, who is a fan of the Buffalo Bills and Los Angeles Rams, will be watching and rooting for the San Francisco 49ers when they take on the Kansas City Chiefs."

Edited by class_of_2012

Why the Superbowl isn't on a Saturday is perplexing. The argument I've always heard about the "NFL" wanting to 'own' Sunday and more 'competition' on Saturdays doesn't really make sense to me.

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Just skip school, nerd.

That's sort of what my friend said he did in 1983 after Washington beat Miami in the Super Bowl. He said there was no one in school on the parade day that week

6 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

The game is usually done by 10 pm. I don't see what the big deal is. Is 10 pm past peoples bed times?

When I was in third grade, my bed time was either at 8 or 9 PM.

5 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

I think all NFL games should be on Saturday. 

Then what about the college games? And the bars would lose business.

I've been saying this for years. It wasn't bad when the game used to be earlier Sunday, but now with it going so late, having to party on a Sunday night sucks.

The teams have 2 weeks off, losing 1 day is fine for them.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 947 said:

I've been saying this for years. It wasn't bad when the game used to be earlier Sunday, but now with it going so late, having to party on a Sunday night sucks.

The teams have 2 weeks off, losing 1 day is fine for them.

That's good now, but I remember in two of the four Bills Super Bowls, there was only one week between the Conference Championship Game and the SB. In the olden days, they would move it from two weeks to one week if necessary in order to make sure the SB occurred in January. The NFL was against having the season go into February for some reason.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

The Monday after the Super Bowl should just be declared a national holiday. So many people take off work that Monday anyway (myself included).

Start the season a few weeks later and play the Super Bowl the Sunday before Presidents day.

Football is a cold weather sport IMO, so less hot weather games in September and more snow games as an added bonus. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Start the season a few weeks later and play the Super Bowl the Sunday before Presidents day.

Football is a cold weather sport IMO, so less hot weather games in September and more snow games as an added bonus. 

Another bonus would be that we wouldn't have to sacrifice beautiful fall days in order to watch games.  Every family who doesn't get to go on a drive or go play in the park would approve of this change.

• Thank you (+1) 1