First weekend without real football: what will you watch?

YoloinOhio

What will you watch this first weekend sans football?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What will you watch?

• Senior Bowl - Sat. 2:30 NFLN
    • Pro Bowl - Sun. 3pm ESPN
    • NHL All-Star Game - Sat. 8:15 NBC
    • NBA
    • College Basketball
    • Old Bills games on DVR/NFL Game Pass
    • None of these/Netflix

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

But......if I apply your basketball logic, 98% of the college football players suck compared to the NFL so why bother?

Yes, it's hard to beat the thrill of watching undefended guys essentially having a 3 point shooting contest and watching a handful of super teams pound overmatched opponents by 30 night after night.   It's not hard to understand why the NBA now markets itself and its stars as though it was a Lifetime movie.  It's more interesting for fans to argue about Durant's latest twitter than to actually discuss the game.  Or ask why the stars that you tune in to see are increasingly spending a third of each game on the bench.

That is not applying my logic. I said that basketball and soccer are 2 sports way better at the highest level. They are based on skill and athleticism. Football is more about strategy, matchups, style, etc... I prefer the openness of college football to the NFL. Not to mention, there are teams and players that are interesting. If you want to talk about “super teams” though you must despise college football. There are only 4 to 5 out of 100 and something teams with a chance. They are the same 4 to 5 every year.

I guess that we just vehemently disagree. I used to be a much bigger college basketball fan until I started watching more NBA. It isn’t even close for me at this point. I can watch any NBA game but can barely watch the Final Four. The gap between the play in college and the NBA is bigger than it has ever been (and widening). There just isn’t talent at the NCAA level like there was. When they eliminate the year of school needed it’s going to continue to get worse.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I get very sad when the football season is over.

I know they say January & February is the most depressing time of year for people overall because of the Holiday season just ending.

I think it's because Football season comes to an often halting and heartbreaking end for all NFL fans, save those of one more team.

Less than 7 months and counting til we get a taste of it again with the preseason...

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I get very sad when the football season is over.

I know they say January & February is the most depressing time of year for people overall because of the Holiday season just ending.

I think it's because Football season comes to an often halting and heartbreaking end for all NFL fans, save those of one more team.

Less than 7 months and counting til we get a taste of it again with the preseason...

giphy.gif

Going to give the XFL a shot. Their season opens the weekend after the Super Bowl. Even though I am a Bills fan I live in Jets/Giants territory. I am about 20 minutes from MetLife. The XFL team that will play here is the NY Guardians. If this sucks then I still have my Islanders who are in the playoff race and the Yanks start soon. I agree with you I hate the long offseason that the NFL has.