Interview with Jordan Palmer on Allen offseason plans

Take a look at Josh Allen's hight and his passing technique and how he is throwing to smaller guys

Get him some size that can actually separate and high point and catch a friggen ball.....

Smoke is great in his role.....he is def our 2.....Bease is a solid slot corner........we need a LEGIT ONE....and we need to take a couple of swings at bat to make sure we get it

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Take a look at Josh Allen's hight and his passing technique and how he is throwing to smaller guys

Get him some size that can actually separate and high point and catch a friggen ball.....

Smoke is great in his role.....he is def our 2.....Bease is a solid slot corner........we need a LEGIT ONE....and we need to take a couple of swings at bat to make sure we get it

Well, that's not the approach the McBeane take, I don't think, but I agree with your vision.   I mean, if his head is screwed on straight, I'd write a great big check to Amari Cooper.  Plug him in with the two the Bills have - by doing that you're #1 becomes a #2 and your #2 becomes a #3, and watch Josh go to town.  I mean, there will be an open receiver on every play.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, that's not the approach the McBeane take, I don't think, but I agree with your vision.   I mean, if his head is screwed on straight, I'd write a great big check to Amari Cooper.  Plug him in with the two the Bills have - by doing that you're #1 becomes a #2 and your #2 becomes a #3, and watch Josh go to town.  I mean, there will be an open receiver on every play.   

I'm pretty sure that Beane does not do this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

It's really nice to hear this stuff about Allen.  Whether it turns out to be accurate is an open question.   I was a bigger believer in Allen a year ago than I am now.  He struggled more in 2019 than I thought he would.   

We'll see what 2020 brings.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm pretty sure that Beane does not do this.

Yeah, that's what I said.  They will stick to their discipline.   Their plan is to draft stars, not sign them as free agents.   

If Beane writes a big check, it's going to be for someone on the oline or the defensive front seven.  

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

It's really nice to hear this stuff about Allen.  Whether it turns out to be accurate is an open question.   I was a bigger believer in Allen a year ago than I am now.  He struggled more in 2019 than I thought he would.   

We'll see what 2020 brings.

Yeah, that's what I said.  They will stick to their discipline.   Their plan is to draft stars, not sign them as free agents.   

If Beane writes a big check, it's going to be for someone on the oline or the defensive front seven.  

Absolutely. They are building this team so that eventually the top falls out and they reload at the bottom through draft. Cream will rise to the top.  I understand what you are saying about being a bigger believer last year. My question is this. Was 2019 the " second year slump" we often hear about? I agree with this. We will not see big money on a target for Josh. Better chance the lines get another tweak. 

23 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Amari Cooper is soft and his numbers on the road are night and day.

He's not worth what he's gonna be getting paid.

Hard pass on that guy

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

If we were willing to inquiry about whats his face from the Steelers.....then I bet they would be willing to look at Cooper.

Even if we got Cooper...I would STILL take Schnault or Higgins

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Wow.  I am complete 180 degrees from you.  I was completely skeptical after his rookie season, even though I could tell he didn't have enough OL or pieces around him.

I was seriously impressed with Allen's progress this year.  He took serious strides in aspects of his game where I doubted he could. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MJS said:

I think that's what I've been most impressed with Josh about. He's pretty humble and coachable and clearly wants to get better. He works on things and you see results. If he keeps that up he'll get to where he wants to be. The nice thing is we can still be winning games as he is developing.

This is why I'm so confident moving forward.  We seem to have a pretty solid team, and even if josh doesnt work out, it looks like we know how to at least build a defense and play sound football.

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow.  I am complete 180 degrees from you.  I was completely skeptical after his rookie season, even though I could tell he didn't have enough OL or pieces around him.

I was seriously impressed with Allen's progress this year.  He took serious strides in aspects of his game where I doubted he could. 

Yes, he took serious strides.  I'm not disappointed, but I expected more.  I expected he would be a top-20 passer.  

Edited by Shaw66

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I pretty much feel the same about him. I saw everything I needed to see his rookie year and was pretty confident he would improve. He did that. I'm not sure if he'll ever be elite, but wouldn't be surprised if he makes those strides.

He was just so different from the crap we've put out at QB the past 20ish years. It was evident for me after just a few games that he could play in this league and win a lot of games. But time will tell how high he can climb.

8 hours ago, eball said:

Where's the emoji of me running through a brick wall because I'm so freaking excited for next season already!!!!

https://giphy.com/gifs/yeaaaaaaa-pkY4ra5fhkfQFGS

Edit: Crud for some reason the GIF won't embed automatically - guess it has to be clicked on? WTF  oh well

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He's also a business man.  His analysis and how well he does doing that along with his results is his job.

If he didn't do that he would not have any "customers" in the future.

Yup. Josh Allen is by far Palmers biggest commercial. If Allen turns into an All Pro then Palmers business is secured until retirement. 

• Like (+1) 3