New Orleans Saints in Court

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, the man has a right to his own personal values and political opinions, as long as it's not so-called "Operation Rescue" or other anti-abortion terrorist groups

My mother's dog was once poisoned, we believe by Buffalo anti-abortionist extremists (sorry can't call them pro-life when they murder people and kill living things)

Anyway Brees aligning with a group that supports his values vs. advising the Catholic church how to cover up a sex abuse scandal, not even same neighborhood

Never.  His bread too buttered.

Wasn’t equating the situations, just pointing out that it’s a pattern with this team to be caught up in scandals due to their association with religious outfits.

Sorry about your mom’s dog.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Seriously, at what point does Goodell show up to one of these owners meetings and say “I don’t care if you pay me $100m per year I’m done taking the heat for you inbred billionaire morons.”

Compensation between $40&$50M a year now.  Plus incredible perks.  Where do I sign up for that?

14 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Compensation between $40&$50M a year now.  Plus incredible perks.  Where do I sign up for that?

Agreed.  When something goes well, be in front of the cameras sharing credit for the event (deserved or not).  When something goes wrong, send out a lackey to face the media.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

Pure BS the Saints are not cooperating in an horrible issue like this.   Clearly they are hiding something.

Off topic but just let priests marry.   This would go a long way minimizing this crap in the future.  And there is nothing in religious doctrines requiring no marriage.  It’s just some dumb policy. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is going to get way bigger in the coming days.  I hear the emails are just the tip of the iceberg and the Saints are involved in way more than just covering up a local arch diocese.  When the news breaks remember you heard it here first: Sean Payton murdered Epstein.

5 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Pure BS the Saints are not cooperating in an horrible issue like this.   Clearly they are hiding something.

Off topic but just let priests marry.   This would go a long way minimizing this crap in the future.  And there is nothing in religious doctrines requiring no marriage.  It’s just some dumb policy. 

Off topic but I’m catholic, and our priest is married. Apparently he was Episcopalian and became catholic. And they let him become a priest. I don’t know the whole story because i just joined this parish within the last year. Just found it surprising. 

3 hours ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

The Priests who abuse children aren’t men of god. They are child abusers, pedophiles, rapists, criminals.

Those who help cover it up are complicit in the crime. 

That is all. 

If you look at every profession treating the elderly, children, disabled, th percentage of priests as pedophiles is accurate to every other group.  I am not in anyway giving a pass to these monsters, but the real crime is the church not either 1, sending him to prison for the person’s acts, or at the very least sending to a monastery somewhere like Portugal to have to pray 16 hours a day for life, and if he does not comply they out him.

Being a devout Catholic, it makes me sick the church continued to hide these bastadges, and not punish them for life as well as the payouts.  I went to Catholic School my entire young life, and never once did I ever feel a priest wanted anything but to help me.

I understand the vitriol as it is horrible what these individuals did, but the church hiding it embarrasses me as a devout catholic.  I can only add if anyone, including a priest hurt one of my three children in this manner, God help them, as I will show no mercy.  I’m not one to talk tough, but this behavior is repulsive.

My prayers goes out to those poor families.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yikes.  As a proud Catholic myself, we need to separate this stuff.  IMO, religion should be a private matter.  Be proud of what you are but it should be an inward thing.  Plus the most religious people I know are the biggest hypocrites on the planet. 

A theist us atheists can get behind.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

Wasn’t equating the situations, just pointing out that it’s a pattern with this team to be caught up in scandals due to their association with religious outfits.

Sorry about your mom’s dog.

What are you talking about? What does Brees being pro life have to do with a religious scandal?

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

If you look at every profession treating the elderly, children, disabled, th percentage of priests as pedophiles is accurate to every other group.  I am not in anyway giving a pass to these monsters, but the real crime is the church not either 1, sending him to prison for the person’s acts, or at the very least sending to a monastery somewhere like Portugal to have to pray 16 hours a day for life, and if he does not comply they out him.

Being a devout Catholic, it makes me sick the church continued to hide these bastadges, and not punish them for life as well as the payouts.  I went to Catholic School my entire young life, and never once did I ever feel a priest wanted anything but to help me.

I understand the vitriol as it is horrible what these individuals did, but the church hiding it embarrasses me as a devout catholic.  I can only add if anyone, including a priest hurt one of my three children in this manner, God help them, as I will show no mercy.  I’m not one to talk tough, but this behavior is repulsive.

My prayers goes out to those poor families.

My vitriol isn’t toward Catholic Priests. It is towards the Priests who abused. 

My anger isn’t toward the Catholic Church. It is directed towards the Bishops and Cardinals who felt it was more important to protect the Church than it was to protect the children. 

Many professions (Dr, Teacher, Nurse, Social Work) are required to report suspected abuse. SUSPECTED. That there are people who claim to be men of god living to a lesser standard is abhorrent to me. Hiding the abuse and looking to avoid negative perception...

I do not hate the Catholic Church. Just that small percentage within the Church who seek to keep abuse in the dark. 

3 minutes ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

My vitriol isn’t toward Catholic Priests. It is towards the Priests who abused. 

My anger isn’t toward the Catholic Church. It is directed towards the Bishops and Cardinals who felt it was more important to protect the Church than it was to protect the children. 

Many professions (Dr, Teacher, Nurse, Social Work) are required to report suspected abuse. SUSPECTED. That there are people who claim to be men of god living to a lesser standard is abhorrent to me. Hiding the abuse and looking to avoid negative perception...

I do not hate the Catholic Church. Just that small percentage within the Church who seek to keep abuse in the dark.

To me (a non-Catholic) it just seems like it would make more sense to distance yourself from abusers and cut them off. What do they have to gain by standing by and covering up abusive priests? Just strip them of their priesthood, excommunicate them, make a statement that the church will never stand by corrupt, child abusing priests, and place another priest in his place.

None of the blame should fall with the church as a whole UNLESS they are supporting their abusive priests and covering up their actions, which they stupidly have done in the past and apparently continue to do.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

What's wrong with not wanting to see babies murdered?

The better question is "What does that have to do with the Saints covering up Catholic abuse scandals?"

• Like (+1) 1

I am having trouble imagining what help a football team could possibly be, in dealing with these crimes.  Football teams are businesses which are really good at public relations, but not when it comes to covering up crimes.  If a priest or someone else in the Church committed a sexual offense, that's a crime, not a public relations challenge.  

5 hours ago, MJS said:

What are you talking about? What does Brees being pro life have to do with a religious scandal?

It wasn’t Brees being pro-life, it was his association with a radical “Christian” group that I was thinking of.

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

What's wrong with not wanting to see babies murdered?

I was wrong, it wasn’t a crazy pro-life org, it was a crazy anti-gay org.