Lamar Jackson scores 2 points in the Precision Passing Pro-Bowl Skills Competition.

Fingon

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I wish I could find that thread. It was far more than just random Trolls. People wanted mahomes to fail so they could be right. 

And you thought Jackson would be MVP this year?

Sure didn’t. Where did I say that?

How am I supposed to feel about him winning it? You let me know, that way I know that you approve. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Don't be critical of other quarterbacks! Only the Bills' quarterback should be criticized! 

You realize how silly this sounds right?  You guys are ones criticizing the MVP of the league.  If this was reversed and it was Allen, you would be losing your minds.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re deflecting.  I said if Allen performs close to a MVP level, I will be praising him instead of trying to put down his accomplishments like some are doing with Jackson.  Shoot, I was ready to praise Allen for his first half against the Texans and then the second half happened.

I'm not deflecting. Jackson had a great year.I detailed it in my post. He didn't play well in the playoff game. Period. Yet, you refust to admit it and throw stats around like 508 yards of offense and 9 trips into Tenn territory. Totally misrepresents his play. You can make the exact same argument for Allen in his playoff game and you don't. They had nearly identical yards per play and Allen had 356 yards of offense with 24 less touches and still managed to get into Houston territory 8 times. So, using your same logic, he should be considered to have had a decent game.

Allen did not have a great second half. Jackson wasn't particularly good in any of his game. 

• Awesome! (+1) 4

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You realize how silly this sounds right?  You guys are ones criticizing the MVP of the league.  If this was reversed and it was Allen, you would be losing your minds.  

I have to read your ilk's 300 yard game drivel constantly throughout the season and I'm still sane. Trust me, your immediate defense of other quarterbacks and your positions on Allen are remarkably consistent. And telling. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So because of the Titans game, it outweighs all the good performances he had this year, including nearly beating both SB teams?

Nearly beating! 

Fine me ONE SINGLE POST this dude has ever written giving Allen credit for 'nearly' doing something LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Nearly beating! 

Fine me ONE SINGLE POST this dude has ever written giving Allen credit for 'nearly' doing something LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He did say he was ready to praise Allen for his first half in the Houston game. I guess he just couldn't bring himself to quite say it....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I wish I could find that thread. It was far more than just random Trolls. People wanted mahomes to fail so they could be right. 

And you thought Jackson would be MVP this year?

This is hilarious. No one holds these posters accountable, but they love yelling “hindsight!” Whenever they are backed into a corner with solid results. 

Even winning the MVP won’t make people admit they were wrong. 

14 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I have to read your ilk's 300 yard game drivel constantly throughout the season and I'm still sane. Trust me, your immediate defense of other quarterbacks and your positions on Allen are remarkably consistent. And telling. 

He really shouldn’t have to defend Jackson and Mahomes, their results should more than speak for themselves. But here we are 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I'm not deflecting. Jackson had a great year.I detailed it in my post. He didn't play well in the playoff game. Period. Yet, you refust to admit it and throw stats around like 508 yards of offense and 9 trips into Tenn territory. Totally misrepresents his play. You can make the exact same argument for Allen in his playoff game and you don't. They had nearly identical yards per play and Allen had 356 yards of offense with 24 less touches and still managed to get into Houston territory 8 times. So, using your same logic, he should be considered to have had a decent game.

Allen did not have a great second half. Jackson wasn't particularly good in any of his game. 

I generally agree with all of this.  That first half of the Texans game, given the stage, was the most impressed I have ever been with Allen.  There were some crazy moments in the 2nd half that kinda left me with those some questions, but I didn’t hate his game. I just need more and more consistency.  

I just felt Jackson is one if those guys people love to bash.  All I know is I’ve seen a guy who consistently seems to dominate no matter what level he is on.  I believe Allen has the better arm but when you look at their careers, both in college and the pros, Jackson has been the much better player.  Hopefully Allen will get there.  But I just think this is just people trying to right about a guy in literally one of the dumbest situations ever.  And feel free to call me out if I freak out about a preseason game or practice in regards to Allen.  Have a good one. ?

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

This is hilarious. No one holds these posters accountable, but they love yelling “hindsight!” Whenever they are backed into a corner with solid results. 

He really shouldn’t have to defend Jackson and Mahomes, their results should more than speak for themselves. But here we are 

Haha. Keep it coming. Clearly the guy talking about the MVP is the delusional one and not the ones talking about a pro bowl competition.

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

He did say he was ready to praise Allen for his first half in the Houston game. I guess he just couldn't bring himself to quite say it....

I mean he wasn’t good in the second half.  I know you make every excuse for him but he wasn’t.  That said, he had some good moments and some terrible ones. 

harder schedule next year (on paper), could have some losses in defense, hopefully add some weapons, and hopefully he takes a step forward.  We will see.  But what will really matter is how he does in the pro bowl accuracy contest. Then I will determine who good he is. 

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

See if I was going to go the route the 'Allen sux' folks like to I'd just throw something out like

2019 MVP quarterback Jackson- 26th in attempts, 28th in yards/game

but we all know that using selective stats to prove a point is dumb...don't we?

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This has almost as much importance as the Interceptions that Tyrod Taylor tossed during the actual game.

Hell I didn't even bash Tyrod for those picks and I wanted him gone

you think Jackson’s gonna be worse than Tyrod as a postseason Qb ? 

10 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Mahomes is evident. Great QB. Can make all the throws. He's playing in the super bowl.

Jackson is a completely different story. He's a gifted runner and an ok passer. People rightfully project that his style of play is not sustainable. He has shown twice now in playoff games that he can be defended effectively and neautralized. People are completely justified in wondering about how his career will turn out.

But yes, he had a great year. Just like Cam Newton had a great year when he got MVP, except he got his team to the Superbowl and is a better passer than Jackson, in my opinion (although he is pretty inaccurate himself).

I don't know how Jackson's career will pan out. But I do know at some point he'll have to prove himself as a passer when his running ability diminishes or is taken away by defenses. Maybe he'll do just that. Cam Newton got better as a passer. Russell Wilson did, to the point now that he is a great passer. Maybe Jackson will do the same thing.

36 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

“you realize how silly this sounds right!  You guys are ones criticizing the rookie of the year!”

- C.Biscuit on Vince Young in 2006.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Clearly you don't realize that people aren't even discussing the pro bowl skills challenge. They laughed about it and then started immediately talking about other aspects of Jackson's career so far. You are pretty much the only one going back to that.

But since you do, Allen would have gotten more than 2 points. Unless they didn't let him compete because they wanted to give Jarvis Landry another go.

Just now, MJS said:

Clearly you don't realize that people aren't even discussing the pro bowl skills challenge. They laughed about it and then started immediately talking about other aspects of Jackson's career so far. You are pretty much the only one going back to that.

But since you do, Allen would have gotten more than 2 points. Unless they didn't let him compete because they wanted to give Jarvis Landry another go.

Oh, he 100% knows. This is deflection 101. 

Too bad the NFL is more than a competition standing around throwing the ball at targets or how far you can throw it. 

Love how if someone posted Allen completion % folks would be all over how there is more to it than that, etc. Yet Jackson the league MVP does bad in target practice and its he sucks, next year will be different etc. Guy still completed 66% of his passes so obviously he can hit targets in a real game setting.