Lamar Jackson scores 2 points in the Precision Passing Pro-Bowl Skills Competition.

Fingon

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yep he had 508 yards of offense on almost 80 touches. He averaged less yards per play than Allen did in his playoff game (and Allen was in Houston territory 8 times on 55 total touches.

You are correct, some people want to be so right about him.... 

my promise as a person who wasn’t sold on the Allen pick: if Allen wins the MVP, sets a franchise record with td passes, goes 14-2 with the best wins of any team in the nfl, loses in playoffs with 500 total yards, Yet struggles in a pro bowl event, I promise I will not say one negative thing about him all offseason.  Because it is absolutely stupid.

but to a bigger point.  Why are so many people seeming to take pleasure in this?  It seems people want him to fail.  I have been a critic of Allen because of the prospect type he is (I had similar questions about Jackson).  And while I’m far from sold on Allen, I saw some positive signs and want him to reach his potential.  But it seems like people love watching young qbs fail.  Maybe that’s just our society.  But Lamar’s resume is better than like 85% of qb’s to ever play right now. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He just threw for more tds than any quarterback in Bills history. 

it’s kinda crazy the standards Bulls fans have for other teams quarterbacks yet they throw a party for 200 yards passing in gams. 

Why is it that we can't talk about Lamar Jackson or be critical of him? Doing so does not mean that we are comparing him to Josh Allen or other Bills QB's. YOU are the one who keeps coming back to that.

And in case you haven't noticed, there is TONS of criticism for Josh Allen on these boards too. Some fans are even ready to move on from him.

• Like (+1) 2

That kid on youtube can make those throws from the second deck of a stadium. Maybe the Ravens will sign him. 

I'm trying to imagine caring that Lamar Jackson can't hit a spinning windmill following his 14-2 season.  

Edited by Sundancer

Just now, MJS said:

Why is it that we can't talk about Lamar Jackson or be critical of him? Doing so does not mean that we are comparing him to Josh Allen or other Bills QB's. YOU are the one who keeps coming back to that.

And in case you haven't noticed, there is TONS of criticism for Josh Allen on these boards too. Some fans are even ready to move on from him.

Because it’s a pro bowl event?  Say if Jeter had a bad average in the all star game or a guy sucked in the homer run derby?  What in the world would that matter?  

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

That kid on youtube can make those throws from the second deck of a stadium. Maybe the Ravens will sign him. 

Didn’t we have that trick shot qb?  Trick shot qb >>> Jackson

26 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Who doesn’t think Mahomes is good?

There was literally a 59 page thread about this on this board.  There are still some posters earlier this year questioning how good he was.  

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because it’s a pro bowl event?  Say if Jeter had a bad average in the all star game or a guy sucked in the homer run derby?  What in the world would that matter? 

90% of the comments aren't about his pro bowl event. It's about his play in general, his playoff games, etc. The pro bowl event was simply the catalyst for a larger conversation.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

my promise as a person who wasn’t sold on the Allen pick: if Allen wins the MVP, sets a franchise record with td passes, goes 14-2 with the best wins of any team in the nfl, loses in playoffs with 500 total yards, Yet struggles in a pro bowl event, I promise I will not say one negative thing about him all offseason.  Because it is absolutely stupid.

but to a bigger point.  Why are so many people seeming to take pleasure in this?  It seems people want him to fail.  I have been a critic of Allen because of the prospect type he is (I had similar questions about Jackson).  And while I’m far from sold on Allen, I saw some positive signs and want him to reach his potential.  But it seems like people love watching young qbs fail.  Maybe that’s just our society.  But Lamar’s resume is better than like 85% of qb’s to ever play right now. 

I don’t care if he fails or not, he plays exactly how I feared. I said he can’t throw outside the numbers and that some of his attempts during college were laughably bad.

A group of posters did the same thing. Heisman this, stats that, were you one of them prior to the draft? Did you acknowledge that his form, arm, and release uncorked wounded ducks the majority of the time he threw wide?

I mean, you seem all about everyone being fair and impartial, I don’t care if he does well or not. He is who I thought he was so far. 

When he beat the Pats and danced in their faces I was a fan, is it ok that if he does well I will like him but I don’t think he will do well? 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Didn’t we have that trick shot qb?  Trick shot qb >>> Jackson

There was literally a 59 page thread about this on this board.  There are still some posters earlier this year questioning how good he was.  

Credible posters or week long stays who get banned for trolling? It’s the internet if someone credible isn’t saying it then it isn’t worth revisiting. People say anything for attention. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stupid Jim Kelly and his 15 on the wonderlic.  If only he could be as smart as Marino and his 16.

Players weren't schooled up on it back then. Plus neither of those two QB's are known for being smart. Just great athletes.

Just now, MJS said:

90% of the comments aren't about his pro bowl event. It's about his play in general, his playoff games, etc. The pro bowl event was simply the catalyst for a larger conversation.

So because of the Titans game, it outweighs all the good performances he had this year, including nearly beating both SB teams?

my promise as a person who wasn’t sold on the Allen pick: if Allen wins the MVP, sets a franchise record with td passes, goes 14-2 with the best wins of any team in the nfl, loses in playoffs with 500 total yards, Yet struggles in a pro bowl event, I promise I will not say one negative thing about him all offseason.  Because it is absolutely stupid, 

Oh please. You have been critical of Allen since before he ever set foot on an NFL field. The truth about Jackson is this: He is an incredible athlete. He played well mostly with a lead and on the back of an incredible run game (not just his running). Where he excelled this year is in TD production. Last year he had a TD% of 3.4 and this year he had a passing TD% of 9, putting him in rare company. I have no problem with him receiving the MVP. Personally, I would have gone with Wilson. 

However, that TD production masked some real issues with his passing game, which were exposed in the playoff game. We will see what he does next year. My guess is that his TD% drops back down to somewhere between 4 and 5. Given that he is on a Greg Roman offense, he will continue to throw the ball less than any other team. Roman's schemes are based on the run game. I have a hard time believing the team with the fewest pass attempts in the league will lead or be up at the top in passing TDs again. He could replicate it, but I doubt it as nobody ever has.

You can delude yourself all you want about the yards he put up in the playoff game with 79 touches. The truth is, he didn't play well, particularly when he had to carry the team on his throwing.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I don’t care if he fails or not, he plays exactly how I feared. I said he can’t throw outside the numbers and that some of his attempts during college were laughably bad.

A group of posters did the same thing. Heisman this, stats that, were you one of them prior to the draft? Did you acknowledge that his form, arm, and release uncorked wounded ducks the majority of the time he threw wide?

I mean, you seem all about everyone being fair and impartial, I don’t care if he does well or not. He is who I thought he was so far. 

When he beat the Pats and danced in their faces I was a fan, is it ok that if he does well I will like him but I don’t think he will do well? 

Credible posters or week long stays who get banned for trolling? It’s the internet if someone credible isn’t saying it then it isn’t worth revisiting. People say anything for attention. 

I wish I could find that thread. It was far more than just random Trolls. People wanted mahomes to fail so they could be right. 

And you thought Jackson would be MVP this year?

• Like (+1) 1

So because of the Titans game, it outweighs all the good performances he had this year, including nearly beating both SB teams?

It's clear you are choosing to ignore 99% of what people are posting.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Oh please. You have been critical of Allen since before he ever set foot on an NFL field. The truth about Jackson is this: He is an incredible athlete. He played well mostly with a lead and on the back of an incredible run game (not just his running). Where he excelled this year is in TD production. Last year he had a TD% of 3.4 and this year he had a passing TD% of 9, putting him in rare company. I have no problem with him receiving the MVP. Personally, I would have gone with Wilson. 

However, that TD production masked some real issues with his passing game, which were exposed in the playoff game. We will see what he does next year. My guess is that his TD% drops back down to somewhere between 4 and 5. Given that he is on a Greg Roman offense, he will continue to throw the ball less than any other team. Roman's schemes are based on the run game. I have a hard time believing the team with the fewest pass attempts in the league will lead or be up at the top in passing TDs again. He could replicate it, but I doubt it as nobody ever has.

You can delude yourself all you want about the yards he put up in the playoff game with 79 touches. The truth is, he didn't play well, particularly when he had to carry the team on his throwing.

You’re deflecting.  I said if Allen performs close to a MVP level, I will be praising him instead of trying to put down his accomplishments like some are doing with Jackson.  Shoot, I was ready to praise Allen for his first half against the Texans and then the second half happened.