Lamar Jackson scores 2 points in the Precision Passing Pro-Bowl Skills Competition.

Fingon

So what was Allen's score in this event?

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yet, one was the MVP after winning a Heisman.  I had them ranked the same coming out in the draft.  But some of you love to pounce on Lamar and then blame everyone else but Allen for his shortcomings.  

Of course this is the same board that questions how good Mahomes is too. 

It's also one that thinks a 2 time SB winner & MVP who sits at 7th in career yards doesn't deserve to be in the HOF.......

Edited by apuszczalowski
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This just tells me you didn't watch many of his games...if passing yards evidently mean so much to you.

Tell me how many of Jackson's TDs came from inside the 10 yard line. Or inside the 5, even. Hypocrite.

Great point.  Tds inside the 10 yard don’t count.  We need to update all players passing tds since some dude on a Bills board decided they don’t count.

but yeah, the mvp of the league sucks because of this competition.  I’m sold.  Good thread. Of course we had like a 50 page thread laughing at Mahomes for throwing ints in a preseason practice before he went on to win the MVP so this shouldn’t be a surprise.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well he certainly didn’t play good in the playoff game, he had 500 total yards and Baltimore was in Tennessee’s territory 9 times I believe.   It’s not like they were shutting him down.  

Well unfortunately for him what works between the 30’s doesn’t often work inside the 30 when the field compressed as Daboll proved with our offense this year....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Man, that's brutal. It will be interesting to see next year when teams follow the Buffalo/Tennessee model and stack the box and make him try to beat you with throws outside. 

I expect that Lamar, like Allen, has his off-season worklist.  The film is out there on weaknesses for both of them and it's time to rise up or wash out.

• Like (+1) 5

49 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yet, one was the MVP after winning a Heisman.  I had them ranked the same coming out in the draft.  But some of you love to pounce on Lamar and then blame everyone else but Allen for his shortcomings.  

Of course this is the same board that questions how good Mahomes is too. 

Who doesn’t think Mahomes is good?

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Great point.  Tds inside the 10 yard don’t count.  We need to update all players passing tds since some dude on a Bills board decided they don’t count.

but yeah, the mvp of the league sucks because of this competition.  I’m sold.  Good thread. Of course we had like a 50 page thread laughing at Mahomes for throwing ints in a preseason practice before he went on to win the MVP so this shouldn’t be a surprise.

You said in the post I responded to something about yards, so I figured you cared about it. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wonderlic score really matters.  Fitzpatrick for league MVP!

Really it's only the super high or super low scores that matter. You want to at least get a 20 or better. Below that and it raises eyebrows.

5 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Who doesn’t think Mahomes is good?

No one. 

Some have questioned if Mahomes would be "as good" if he had been plopped in with the Bills offense last season instead of handed the keys to an established offensive system loaded with talent on OL and at skill positions that was #5 in the league the previous year.

In this polarized world, that is seen as saying "Mahomes isn't good", because saying he wouldn't have had the same MVP season and looked all-world here with our surrounding cast is Just That Same Thing.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Really it's only the super high or super low scores that matter. You want to at least get a 20 or better. Below that and it raises eyebrows.

I think Harbaugh said "we're gonna talk to the guy and conduct our own assessment of his Football intelligence, you raise your eyebrows all you want, we don't care"

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

People want to be right about him so bad!

Um. No. People are right about him. He's a good athlete who can play well in a one read, open offense set up by an insanely good running game and great protection from the offensive line (assisted in Defenses unwillingness to actually rush him for fear of being beat). But when forced to pass, or playing from behind, he struggles throwing the football. He is inaccurate anywhere but across the middle, and even there he can struggle often times. 

It's okay to say he's one of the best athletes in the NFL (maybe ever) and had an insane, MVP season, but that he isn't a very good passer. 

• Like (+1) 5

Well he certainly didn’t play good in the playoff game, he had 500 total yards and Baltimore was in Tennessee’s territory 9 times I believe.   It’s not like they were shutting him down.  

Yep he had 508 yards of offense on almost 80 touches. He averaged less yards per play than Allen did in his playoff game (and Allen was in Houston territory 8 times on 55 total touches.

You are correct, some people want to be so right about him.... 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I think Senor Strawman posted that Mahomes wasn't good.

I see that. It’s awful. The worst I have seen is some folks try and reason that Mahomes is SOOO good because of his weapons. 

Anyone being fair knows that Mahomes is great, they also know Lamar is nothing like Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 2

This really reveals the entire narrative about Lamar all year long. Stat box scouting. He did not play well against Tennessee. Period. He hurt his team consistently, and they lost hugely because of that. 

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Harbaugh said "we're gonna talk to the guy and conduct our own assessment of his Football intelligence, you raise your eyebrows all you want, we don't care"

Having such a low score requires that you talk to him and make your own assessment. Obviously they did so and found that despite the low score, he was worth taking.

• Awesome! (+1) 1