Lamar Jackson scores 2 points in the Precision Passing Pro-Bowl Skills Competition.

Fingon

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yep, which is why things will get more difficult for him. Receivers and TE's were schemed open for him. Defenses are going to figure that out and force him to play QB. He better hope he improves as a passer or continues to dominate running the ball.

Everything is a RPO until he crosses the LoS. I don’t see him doing well playing with an injury that hinders his mobility either. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Man, that's brutal. It will be interesting to see next year when teams follow the Buffalo/Tennessee model and stack the box and make him try to beat you with throws outside. 

Well he certainly didn’t play good in the playoff game, he had 500 total yards and Baltimore was in Tennessee’s territory 9 times I believe.   It’s not like they were shutting him down.  

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

On both sides of the argument...

Agreed like on every issue in life.  I would say that a guy winning a mvp after winning a Heisman seems to suggest that maybe he is good but it’s still early.  

as someone who has had doubts about Allen, If he was the MVP this year, I’d be Punching myself in the face for dismissing it because of a pro bowl challenge. But what do I know.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I cant help but a laugh a little watching Landry beat him

I would, but I hate Landry and he doesn't deserve to be in his 5th straight pro bowl. He certainly shouldn't have been competing in a passing competition.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Lamar has already produced more in the past two seasons then I thought he could. I was wrong and next year he probably becomes more average but he is a good QB who can hide his deficiency with supreme athleticism.

For the time being, yes. But the league figured out every other running QB and forced them to be passers, so the same will happen to Jackson at some point. We'll see if he can adjust.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, MJS said:

Josh Allen has a big arm and can make all the throws. Lamar Jackson can't.

Yet, one was the MVP after winning a Heisman.  I had them ranked the same coming out in the draft.  But some of you love to pounce on Lamar and then blame everyone else but Allen for his shortcomings.  

Of course this is the same board that questions how good Mahomes is too. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

He was never an accurate passer. His legs allowed him to beat you with his arm, but it wasn't through pin-point, precision throws. It was moving the pocket and extending plays

So, with what we saw from some of the Buffalo WRs, Jackson ‘no go in Buffalo’!  ?

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Man, that's brutal. It will be interesting to see next year when teams follow the Buffalo/Tennessee model and stack the box and make him try to beat you with throws outside. 

And take away the conventional run game with Ingram. Lamar is always going to get his yards running. Just try and make sure those aren't the yards that beat you.

• Like (+1) 1

Meh, some people are just better in live game action. Jackson seems like one of those types. This competition is meaningless in relation to the game itself, even though you would expect a better score than the average Polk High football player could put up. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

For the time being, yes. But the league figured out every other running QB and forced them to be passers, so the same will happen to Jackson at some point. We'll see if he can adjust.

I’d be more concerned about Roman’s passing game construction. The run schemes are brilliant, but that’s where his genius goes.... The passing concepts are very average which likely doesn’t help Jackson at all. Roman and Jackson will have to adjust. 

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

So the league is going to figure out all the young QBs while Allen figures out the league. Will the league then go to work on figuring out Allen at that point? Is this something I should be worried about?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yet, one was the MVP after winning a Heisman.  I had them ranked the same coming out in the draft.  But some of you love to pounce on Lamar and then blame everyone else but Allen for his shortcomings.  

Of course this is the same board that questions how good Mahomes is too. 

He was MVP for a reason, but that reason isn't because he is a gifted passer.

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

So the league is going to figure out all the young QBs while Allen figures out the league. Will the league then go to work on figuring out Allen at that point? Is this something I should be worried about?

Can you repeat the question? I don't quite understand what your point is.

Allen has a lot of growing and developing to do.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

He was MVP for a reason, but that reason isn't because he is a gifted passer.

Can you repeat the question? I don't quite understand what your point is.

Allen has a lot of growing and developing to do.

He just threw for more tds than any quarterback in Bills history. 

it’s kinda crazy the standards Bulls fans have for other teams quarterbacks yet they throw a party for 200 yards passing in gams. 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He just threw for more tds than any quarterback in Bills history. 

it’s kinda crazy the standards Bulls fans have for other teams quarterbacks yet they throw a party for 200 yards passing in gams. 

This just tells me you didn't watch many of his games...if passing yards evidently mean so much to you.

Tell me how many of Jackson's TDs came from inside the 10 yard line. Or inside the 5, even. Hypocrite.

• Like (+1) 4