Lamar Jackson scores 2 points in the Precision Passing Pro-Bowl Skills Competition.

Fingon

Just now, Troll Toll said:

A few weeks ago I recall getting flamed for saying he’s not an accurate passer.

People here argued with me when I said the same thing.  He’s not a consistently accurate passer.  He puts pressure on the defense with his rushing and extends plays so long that easier throws develop.  And he also hits tough passes sometimes, just inconsistently. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Silly competition which doesn’t show much. Lamar will most likely say he was having fun and didn’t really care. 
The narrative of Lamar isn’t his physical talent, it is his emotional and intellectual intelligence. 
I hope Lamar can prove me wrong, but I don’t think he can improve on what he did last year. While I do believe defensive coordinators will be able to draw up plans to stop him. The NFL is a league of constant adjustments. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

And then they had Jarvis Landry do it. Why the heck is he competing in the passing portion? He sucked too (obviously), but at least he scored more than Jackson.

I heard that Jarvis has been to 5 straight pro bowls. What!? No way he deserves that.

29 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Silly competition which doesn’t show much. Lamar will most likely say he was having fun and didn’t really care. 
The narrative of Lamar isn’t his physical talent, it is his emotional and intellectual intelligence. 
I hope Lamar can prove me wrong, but I don’t think he can improve on what he did last year. While I do believe defensive coordinators will be able to draw up plans to stop him. The NFL is a league of constant adjustments. 

Edited by Bsblguy
Forgot to add what I wanted to say

His outside the numbers velocity and accuracy isn't very good.  He also tends to miss high... but they have 2 huge TEs with great hands so it works - just attack the middle, and the boundary throws should be easy.  The rest of the offense is mostly verticals off of play action. Kaepernick had a great arm but he couldn't get the feel and timing down.  He wasn't the same type of athlete as LJ either.  

• Like (+1) 1

This is why people werent sure about him coming into the draft.  He has a seriously hard time throwing outside the hashes.   Baltimore's scheme was incredible this year.   They had people so scared of the run that everyone sucked on the play action fakes, and Lamar had easy throws to tight ends down the middle of the field.   Going to have to throw to wideouts if he wants long term success.   Better hope Roman sticks around as well.

• Haha (+1) 1

When he was here in Buffalo all i could think watching him was "phenomenal athlete, ok passer."

I saw passes behind, high, low all over the place. He will be a good starter for years and I have no doubt he belongs in this league. But he is and likely never will be a precision passer. It will be interesting to see how he responds next year to teams taking away the middle of the field and his running lanes. Can he start hitting of outside passes consistently?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

This is why people werent sure about him coming into the draft.  He has a seriously hard time throwing outside the hashes.   Baltimore's scheme was incredible this year.   They had people so scared of the run that everyone sucked on the play action fakes, and Lamar had easy throws to tight ends down the middle of the field.   Going to have to throw to wideouts if he wants long term success.   Better hope Roman sticks around as well.

Yep, which is why things will get more difficult for him. Receivers and TE's were schemed open for him. Defenses are going to figure that out and force him to play QB. He better hope he improves as a passer or continues to dominate running the ball.

So to recap.  The league MVP isn’t good enough anymore because of a pro bowl activity?  Good stuff.  

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yep, which is why things will get more difficult for him. Receivers and TE's were schemed open for him. Defenses are going to figure that out and force him to play QB. He better hope he improves as a passer or continues to dominate running the ball.

Isn’t that the case with our own qb?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1