XFL Cutting down on the kicking game.

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I went though all the rosters there is some former NFL Talent on rosters, like Tampa is being highlighted by Antonio Callaway

It looks like there are a lot of fringe NFL players in the XFL. There are way more than there were in that last league. We will see a whole bunch of XFL players in camp later this summer.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

It looks like there are a lot of fringe NFL players in the XFL. There are way more than there were in that last league. We will see a whole bunch of XFL players in camp later this summer.

Add that to they are airing every game nationally, Have solid financial backing.   As long as they have some good announcers (will make the broadcast enjoyable) I think they are set up better than the AAF was to succeed.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/24/2020 at 5:46 PM, MJS said:

Is it just because we lost a Superbowl on the wide right kick?

I guess I like the tradition of kicking. I like that it's part of the game and I think it would be a shame if it was taken out, especially kickoffs. I think it's a part of the game and taking it out changes it at a fundamental level.

I like the game how it is, mostly (I'd push kickoffs back to where they were to bring returns back into the game). We just have to figure out officiating.

Of all the rules changes by the XFL, I'd like the shorter play clock I think, and that's all.

l agree on the kickoffs.  There’s nothing more exciting as the crowd noise builds for the opening kickoff.  Of course, these days for the NFL, the noise quickly dies down when the ball is kicked out of the end zone.