XFL Cutting down on the kicking game.

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No kicking of extra points and no kicking in overtime, makes me want to watch it just for that.

I can see my vision of NO kicking and NO punting  eventually making its way into football. ? 

I'm not real sure how i feel about the no kicking thing in the NFL that would mean there would be no others like Ray Guy, Yan Stenarude, Devin Hestor, Gary Anderson, George Blanda, Morten Anderson , or Adam Vinatierri !! 

Steve Chrisiti with the kick that won the greatest come back in play off history with out that kick the Bills may not have won that game & with out the wide right kick there would never be another game with 8 seconds left on the clock & the chance of a team to win the biggest game of the year on a kick ? not sure just what that would take away from the game ! 

If kicking is taken out of the game one positive is there would never be another wide right reference & it would only effect those of us that are old enough to remember that infamous kick but it's like a burger with no fries, chicken wings with no Buffalo sauce ?I'm just not sure if the game would be the same !

I know the way the pro bowl is now they have no on side kick, no kick offs they just start at their own 25 seems very BLAH to me but i am old school & i love the thought of a guy busting a kick return for 99 yds to turn a game around or win it on the last play of the game !! JMHO .

Some of the rule changes for kicks like no running start is good & moving the kick up to the 25 to get more touch backs as to cut down on player injury is good but its been a part of the game so long it would be like cars with auto pilot ...

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, T master said:

I'm not real sure how i feel about the no kicking thing in the NFL that would mean there would be no others like Ray Guy, Yan Stenarude, Devin Hestor, Gary Anderson, George Blanda, Morten Anderson , or Adam Vinatierri !! 

Steve Chrisiti with the kick that won the greatest come back in play off history with out that kick the Bills may not have won that game & with out the wide right kick there would never be another game with 8 seconds left on the clock & the chance of a team to win the biggest game of the year on a kick ? not sure just what that would take away from the game ! 

If kicking is taken out of the game one positive is there would never be another wide right reference & it would only effect those of us that are old enough to remember that infamous kick but it's like a burger with no fries, chicken wings with no Buffalo sauce ?I'm just not sure if the game would be the same !

I know the way the pro bowl is now they have no on side kick, no kick offs they just start at their own 25 seems very BLAH to me but i am old school & i love the thought of a guy busting a kick return for 99 yds to turn a game around or win it on the last play of the game !! JMHO .

Some of the rule changes for kicks like no running start is good & moving the kick up to the 25 to get more touch backs as to cut down on player injury is good but its been a part of the game so long it would be like cars with auto pilot ...

They aren’t taking field goals out of the game 

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No kicking of extra points and no kicking in overtime, makes me want to watch it just for that.

I can see my vision of NO kicking and NO punting  eventually making its way into football. ? 

I want to watch more for the 25 second play clock.  The running Clock, until the comeback zone when it stops even after run plays.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T master said:

Wide Right still could have happened. They're not getting rid of field goals. Just OT field goals, and PATkicks. 

14 minutes ago, Steptide said:

When does the xfl start? 

February 8th.

Taking the "foot" out of "football"

29 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Loving the XFL rules (although I think they will have to adjust one or two) in general. I think overall it is excellent to see a league experimenting with rules that speed up the game and minimize the kicker. 

What do you have against kickers?

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I HATE the idea of no punting, which is what will happen one day. For me there's nothing better than a tough, tight game of football that becomes a cat and mouse game of field position. I'd hate for that to end

We're a dying breed, you and me.

11 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Should we then rename it to "handball"? Oh wait, I think that name is taken. "Throwball" it is.

Edited by MJS

50 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I for one don't like the extra point being a nail-biter. 

Imagine driving for a Super Bowl tying TD, only to miss the XP. 

Been saying this since the beginning of the year.  A PAT shouldn't be that important.   

55 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

Been saying this since the beginning of the year.  A PAT shouldn't be that important.   

Why do it if it isn't important? Make it important, or take it out of the game.