Target WR Breshad Perriman FA Tampa Bay

Mikie2times

One of the fastest guys in the league at 6'2" 215lbs, former first round pick who was extremely raw route runner coming in to the league. Has had years to develop and showed up big when given the chance to be a #1 this year. 

I think he is definitely worth a chance and could be just what the Bills need. They would still need to draft another talented wr to develop.

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Bills fans always seem to want to take chances on horse under the radar guys that haven’t ever been productive. If you insist on a veteran wide receiver, go get a guy that’s actually shown he can do it. Go get AJ Green or someone like that. Not interested in the Bucs 3rd WR.

I would totally support getting AJ Green and and drafting his potential replacement , 

Go Bills 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

I agree he was great the last few weeks of the season, but his biggest knock has always been drops. I know he dropped 2 TDs in a game earlier this year. No idea if you're getting the 5-week stud, or the guy he was before that. I think if we sign a WR, it'll somebody to help with our drop %, not contribute to it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well it is true that Winston had serious accuracy issues.  But of all the players who were targeted at least 30 times by the same QB, he had the lowest % of catches made.  Godwin was targeted almost twice as often and caught 71% off his passes.

You're comparing him to one of the next best upcoming WRs in the league. Nobody is saying Perriman is gonna be elite or whatever. He would still be a solid get while our first or 2nd round pick is eased in seeing as WRs take some time to excel in the NFL. I'm not sure what some of you expect we can get. Green isn't what he once was and is injured all the time. Cooper is going to be expensive as hell and disappears way to often.

Allen and his propensity to be inaccurate or throw too many fastballs and this guys propensity to drop passes is a bad mix.

Add to that a less than stellar first few years in the league and it's a hard pass for me unless it's very little guaranteed money and he's not being counted on as the solution to our #1 WR quandry.

Bills can and should be looking for a sure fire answer with no question marks in terms of ability on the field. He's not that guy.

1 hour ago, 947 said:

I agree he was great the last few weeks of the season, but his biggest knock has always been drops. I know he dropped 2 TDs in a game earlier this year. No idea if you're getting the 5-week stud, or the guy he was before that. I think if we sign a WR, it'll somebody to help with our drop %, not contribute to it.

Perriman is credited with 0 drops this year on 69 targets, his yds/rec was 6th in the league.

50 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Allen and his propensity to be inaccurate or throw too many fastballs and this guys propensity to drop passes is a bad mix.

Add to that a less than stellar first few years in the league and it's a hard pass for me unless it's very little guaranteed money and he's not being counted on as the solution to our #1 WR quandry.

Bills can and should be looking for a sure fire answer with no question marks in terms of ability on the field. He's not that guy.

0 drops on 69 targets this year.

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He catches 50% 0f the balls thrown to him....and he had Qb who threw 626 times last year.

The numbers don't really work out for him in Buffalo as a #1 WR...

Evans 56.8%

Perriman 52.2%

Evans is terrific. I'd have to go pass by pass to figure out whether the low percentage was on QB or WR.

I don't know either way on Perriman, but he's the level of guy I'd expect them to look hard at.

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Bills fans always seem to want to take chances on horse under the radar guys that haven’t ever been productive. If you insist on a veteran wide receiver, go get a guy that’s actually shown he can do it. Go get AJ Green or someone like that. Not interested in the Bucs 3rd WR.

Oh you mean the guy that had 694 yrds in 9 games in 2018 and 0 yrds in 0 games last season.

There is another type of Bills fan that likes going to yard sales looking for antiques.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well it is true that Winston had serious accuracy issues.  But of all the players who were targeted at least 30 times by the same QB, he had the lowest % of catches made.  Godwin was targeted almost twice as often and caught 71% off his passes.

Perriman's average depth of target was 16.1 yds, 2nd in the league. Godwin's avg was 10 yds, that would explain some of the differential in catch %. The fact that Godwin had an amazing year explains the rest. 

Contrary to some posters assertions, Perriman was surehanded with not a single drop this year. Only two receivers had more targets without dropping a pass. He is also as fast as Tyreek Hill, 4 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier;  the only fa you can say that about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Seems to me we should be after a higher catch rate guy.  I could live without a little of the speed for a sharp route runner with excellent hands.  

We need one guy who will catch anything thrown his way no matter what size, shape, or speed he comes in. 

Win the contested ball, keep the feet in bounds, jump over someone, dive and make the catch, get smashed up but still hold the ball...

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gambit said:

You're comparing him to one of the next best upcoming WRs in the league. Nobody is saying Perriman is gonna be elite or whatever. He would still be a solid get while our first or 2nd round pick is eased in seeing as WRs take some time to excel in the NFL. I'm not sure what some of you expect we can get. Green isn't what he once was and is injured all the time. Cooper is going to be expensive as hell and disappears way to often.

No I’m comparing him to every other guy on his team with at least 30 targets to support the idea that his low catch % is not solely due to his QBs inaccuracy.  

For his career he’s under 50%. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, WMDman said:

I just remember him absolutely hoeing Gilmore on a play when we played Baltimore week 1 in Rexs second year 

He had one highlight reel catch for that entire game, and disappeared for the rest of his career until late '19.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

He had one highlight reel catch for that entire game, and disappeared for the rest of his career until late '19.

The Jordan Phillips of WRs

11 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I see him getting 1-2 yrs, AAV of $6M-$7M. Gotta rememver teams know this draft class is loaded, I think it will put a damper on how high WR contracts go for those middle of the road guys like Perriman. 

AJ Green is likely to be franchises and wants to stay in Cincinnati. I think he’s likely to do so. 

Amari Cooper will also be likely to stay in Dallas.

Who do you wanna spend big money on? Robby Anderson? Wanna pay Sammy Watkins money ($13M+ per year) for a guy who’s never broken 1000yds receiving in his career?

Speaking of Watkins, he could be a cut candidate in order for KC to give Mahomes his money... wanna take that for another spin? I don’t and I highly doubt the Bills do. 

Beasley was Dallas’ 3rd receiver. Brown was barrly seen as a legit #2 by many in the league. 

Get a guy like Perriman who can 1) add depth to your group and possibly replace Foster/Duke Williams. 2) won’t break the bank and kill you if it doesn’t work out. 

Better a good WR at $13M than mediocre one at $10M

10 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Jeeze- I just caught back up on that and forgot he never even signed. They verbally agreed and then backed out.

by game tape do you mean highlights? Cause everyone has great hands in highlights.

I'm talking about game tape.  Watch all of his plays.  This guy can play and really showed it at the end of this season when he finally got to be featured.  After Evans and Godwin were injured, Perriman became the number 1 target, saw a lot of double coverage, and still produced.  After watching him play, consider whether he would be a significant upgrade over what we have now.  IMHO the answer is yes.  For those that don't think the guy can play, who do they want Beane to target?  Rookies coming out of the draft seldom make the immediate impact desired in their first season.  It makes sense for Beane to get a good free agent without breaking the bank and draft a good prospect to develop.  Perriman would be a good first step in implementing this approach.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

The Jordan Phillips of WRs

Better a good WR at $13M than mediocre one at $10M

I’m saying the good ones at $13 won’t be available. And I think the only $13M receiver available will be Robby Anderson, who I believe is the definition of mediocre. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, KzooMike said:

In 2015 drafted in the 1st round, 6'2, 212 LB's, 4.24 40 yard dash at the combine.   

Missed Rookie year to knee injury, moderate 2016 season then cut. Signed with Browns and then cut again when OBJ was picked up. Signed with TB this year. After the depletion of all TB's WR core the last quarter of the season was pushed into a #1 WR role. Final 5 games, 25 catches, 506 yards, and 5 TD's. I watched two of those 5 games. His knock coming out was all athlete no football player. He was attacking the football like Marvin Jones when I saw him. High pointing balls all over the field. Out muscling CB's or just running by them. Son of Brett Perriman, so comes from pedigree. 

I don't think we will land a big name FA WR, but a guy like this, presented with an opportunity to be a WR1. Cost effective, high upside, competition, just what we like. I would love to see us get him.  

Did the Bills have any interest when the Browns cut him? If not why? 

I think i'm passing on him.

3 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Perriman's average depth of target was 16.1 yds, 2nd in the league. Godwin's avg was 10 yds, that would explain some of the differential in catch %. The fact that Godwin had an amazing year explains the rest. 

Contrary to some posters assertions, Perriman was surehanded with not a single drop this year. Only two receivers had more targets without dropping a pass. He is also as fast as Tyreek Hill, 4 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier;  the only fa you can say that about.

OP was saying this guy would be a good pickup as a #1 WR.  I'm countering that for whatever reason, he has the lowest catch rate on his team.  If it's because of his QB (who is a 61% passer),  brining him to a QB who is a sub 60% passer won't be ideal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, KzooMike said:

In 2015 drafted in the 1st round, 6'2, 212 LB's, 4.24 40 yard dash at the combine.   

Missed Rookie year to knee injury, moderate 2016 season then cut. Signed with Browns and then cut again when OBJ was picked up. Signed with TB this year. After the depletion of all TB's WR core the last quarter of the season was pushed into a #1 WR role. Final 5 games, 25 catches, 506 yards, and 5 TD's. I watched two of those 5 games. His knock coming out was all athlete no football player. He was attacking the football like Marvin Jones when I saw him. High pointing balls all over the field. Out muscling CB's or just running by them. Son of Brett Perriman, so comes from pedigree. 

I don't think we will land a big name FA WR, but a guy like this, presented with an opportunity to be a WR1. Cost effective, high upside, competition, just what we like. I would love to see us get him.  

Remember that time Peerless Price got a big deal from the Falcons? He put up great numbers after Mike Evans and Godwin went down but the Bucs were in the top 3rd of the league in passing.