Target WR Breshad Perriman FA Tampa Bay

Mikie2times

28 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I like that thought much more than investing heavily in a half year successful receiver who benefited from Winston throwing 50+ times a game. 

Well, for that half year he was their #1 and drew the Ds top DB and still produced.  That could be another way of looking at it.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Well, for that half year he was their #1 and drew the Ds top DB and still produced.  That could be another way of looking at it.  

Yes. But if you’re going to be peppered with targets someone has to catch balls. Credit to him for making the plays that’s obviously not easy to do. I don’t have anything against him he made plays when called upon. We aren’t throwing 50 times a game. Can he make the most of 3 targets in a game? To get him will probably take at minimum a large 3 year contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Manther said:

Agreed.  Maybe a 3 year deal front loaded with guaranteed money?  $15 million guaranteed and total $30 M for 3 years?  I don't know if that gets it done.  I don't know if we want that deal or the player.

But, I would be fine with that deal and draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round this year.  That would give us 4 WRs and a bunch to fight over the #5 spot.  Roberts #6 WR for ST.

I see him getting 1-2 yrs, AAV of $6M-$7M. Gotta rememver teams know this draft class is loaded, I think it will put a damper on how high WR contracts go for those middle of the road guys like Perriman. 

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Bills fans always seem to want to take chances on horse under the radar guys that haven’t ever been productive. If you insist on a veteran wide receiver, go get a guy that’s actually shown he can do it. Go get AJ Green or someone like that. Not interested in the Bucs 3rd WR.

AJ Green is likely to be franchises and wants to stay in Cincinnati. I think he’s likely to do so. 

Amari Cooper will also be likely to stay in Dallas.

Who do you wanna spend big money on? Robby Anderson? Wanna pay Sammy Watkins money ($13M+ per year) for a guy who’s never broken 1000yds receiving in his career?

Speaking of Watkins, he could be a cut candidate in order for KC to give Mahomes his money... wanna take that for another spin? I don’t and I highly doubt the Bills do. 

Beasley was Dallas’ 3rd receiver. Brown was barrly seen as a legit #2 by many in the league. 

Get a guy like Perriman who can 1) add depth to your group and possibly replace Foster/Duke Williams. 2) won’t break the bank and kill you if it doesn’t work out. 

29 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I think he is an intriguing possibility.  Mike Evans is not going to happen.  Perriman is a bit of a gamble, but he's still still young and less of a gamble than a number of other free agents Buffalo could choose to pursue.  It's been noted that he would not be very expensive.  Buffalo can draft a WR as well to create competition.  I would make an offer.

due diligence and all that for sure

8 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Yes. But if you’re going to be peppered with targets someone has to catch balls. Credit to him for making the plays that’s obviously not easy to do. I don’t have anything against him he made plays when called upon. We aren’t throwing 50 times a game. Can he make the most of 3 targets in a game? To get him will probably take at minimum a large 3 year contract. 

Then you dig a little deeper.  What was his catch %.
I highly doubt he is gonna have too much leverage for a big payday on 5 games worth of production.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

11 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I see him getting 1-2 yrs, AAV of $6M-$7M. Gotta rememver teams know this draft class is loaded, I think it will put a damper on how high WR contracts go for those middle of the road guys like Perriman. 

AJ Green is likely to be franchises and wants to stay in Cincinnati. I think he’s likely to do so. 

Amari Cooper will also be likely to stay in Dallas.

Who do you wanna spend big money on? Robby Anderson? Wanna pay Sammy Watkins money ($13M+ per year) for a guy who’s never broken 1000yds receiving in his career?

Speaking of Watkins, he could be a cut candidate in order for KC to give Mahomes his money... wanna take that for another spin? I don’t and I highly doubt the Bills do. 

Beasley was Dallas’ 3rd receiver. Brown was barrly seen as a legit #2 by many in the league. 

Get a guy like Perriman who can 1) add depth to your group and possibly replace Foster/Duke Williams. 2) won’t break the bank and kill you if it doesn’t work out. 

I personally wouldn’t spend money on any free agent WR. I would draft a WR to play on the opposite side of Brown. I actually think the guys we have now (at WR) are much better then people think. I’d go out and pay a TE. I think adding a playmaking TE to what we have on offense, would make lethal. I’m not really interested in paying a FA WR but if we do, I certainly don’t want a guy that’s been nothing but a disappointment so far. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He catches 50% 0f the balls thrown to him....and he had Qb who threw 626 times last year.

The numbers don't really work out for him in Buffalo as a #1 WR...

we are surely screwed at attaining  an excellent WR via FA.
certainly not getting  a #1. so Bills need the big guy who catches well to fill the roster.

And draft a few ; )

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If they wanted him they wouldn’t have done him a solid.

I think he was a lot less important to them once they got OBJ, but they still wanted him on the team.  It’s not great to have someone on the roster who doesn’t want to be there though.  Between that and preserving the relationship with his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, it was the smart thing to do.

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

we are surely screwed at attaining  an excellent WR via FA.
certainly not getting  a #1. so Bills need the big guy who catches well to fill the roster.

And draft a few ; )

Benjamin and "Duke" were The Process's  best attempts at that so far....

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I personally wouldn’t spend money on any free agent WR. I would draft a WR to play on the opposite side of Brown. I actually think the guys we have now (at WR) are much better then people think. I’d go out and pay a TE. I think adding a playmaking TE to what we have on offense, would make lethal. I’m not really interested in paying a FA WR but if we do, I certainly don’t want a guy that’s been nothing but a disappointment so far. 

I think where we are at receiver we can afford to draft 2 receivers and sign one. I think Foster, Duke and McKenzie are all replacement level players. They’re all #5-#6 receivers on NFL rosters. We have a #2 in Brown (who has had difficulty staying healthy), and a #3 in Beasley. We need a #1, a #4 and a #5. 

You wanna spend money on a tight end? Sure, I wouldn’t spend it on Hunter Henry because he gets hurt more than Tyler Kroft. But if you want to go after Hooper, that’s great. I just don’t think you can guarantee he’ll come here. And please don’t bring up Eric Ebron. His catch percentage is comparable to Knox, and Knox is a rookie who blocked all through college and played QB in high school. 

I’m not saying I don’t think a tight end would be nice, I just think between Knox, Kroft and Sweeney they have the ingredients for a solid group, I would be really impressed if they could land Hooper. But I think they have a WAY better chance of signing a guy like Perriman, or DeMarcus Robinson, or Geronimo Allison, or someone on that level to add depth to a group that lacks a true #1 and the depth to supplement the guys already here. 

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

In 2015 drafted in the 1st round, 6'2, 212 LB's, 4.24 40 yard dash at the combine.   

Missed Rookie year to knee injury, moderate 2016 season then cut. Signed with Browns and then cut again when OBJ was picked up. Signed with TB this year. After the depletion of all TB's WR core the last quarter of the season was pushed into a #1 WR role. Final 5 games, 25 catches, 506 yards, and 5 TD's. I watched two of those 5 games. His knock coming out was all athlete no football player. He was attacking the football like Marvin Jones when I saw him. High pointing balls all over the field. Out muscling CB's or just running by them. Son of Brett Perriman, so comes from pedigree. 

I don't think we will land a big name FA WR, but a guy like this, presented with an opportunity to be a WR1. Cost effective, high upside, competition, just what we like. I would love to see us get him.  

I agree with you.  Perriman is exactly what the Bills need (size, speed, and great hands).  He may cost a little more than some people will expect because he will have more than one team interested. His cost will be less than some of the bigger names being kicked around.  I believe that Beane will get an experienced free agent and draft a good prospect to develop.  Some people will want the Bills chasing guys like Cooper and Green but I think the cost isn't going to be worth it.

12 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I agree with you.  Perriman is exactly what the Bills need (size, speed, and great hands).  He may cost a little more than some people will expect because he will have more than one team interested. His cost will be less than some of the bigger names being kicked around.  I believe that Beane will get an experienced free agent and draft a good prospect to develop.  Some people will want the Bills chasing guys like Cooper and Green but I think the cost isn't going to be worth it.

What is it about a catch ratio of 50% screams "great hands"?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Look at who was throwing him the ball and the length of the passing targets that he received.  Watch some game tape, it tells the story on this guy.  

Well it is true that Winston had serious accuracy issues.  But of all the players who were targeted at least 30 times by the same QB, he had the lowest % of catches made.  Godwin was targeted almost twice as often and caught 71% off his passes.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think he was a lot less important to them once they got OBJ, but they still wanted him on the team.  It’s not great to have someone on the roster who doesn’t want to be there though.  Between that and preserving the relationship with his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, it was the smart thing to do.

Jeeze- I just caught back up on that and forgot he never even signed. They verbally agreed and then backed out.

20 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Look at who was throwing him the ball and the length of the passing targets that he received.  Watch some game tape, it tells the story on this guy.  

by game tape do you mean highlights? Cause everyone has great hands in highlights.

• Like (+1) 1