Target WR Breshad Perriman FA Tampa Bay

Mikie2times

In 2015 drafted in the 1st round, 6'2, 212 LB's, 4.24 40 yard dash at the combine.   

Missed Rookie year to knee injury, moderate 2016 season then cut. Signed with Browns and then cut again when OBJ was picked up. Signed with TB this year. After the depletion of all TB's WR core the last quarter of the season was pushed into a #1 WR role. Final 5 games, 25 catches, 506 yards, and 5 TD's. I watched two of those 5 games. His knock coming out was all athlete no football player. He was attacking the football like Marvin Jones when I saw him. High pointing balls all over the field. Out muscling CB's or just running by them. Son of Brett Perriman, so comes from pedigree. 

I don't think we will land a big name FA WR, but a guy like this, presented with an opportunity to be a WR1. Cost effective, high upside, competition, just what we like. I would love to see us get him.  

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

In 2015 drafted in the 1st round, 6'2, 212 LB's, 4.24 40 yard dash at the combine.   

Missed Rookie year to knee injury, moderate 2016 season then cut. Signed with Browns and then cut again when OBJ was picked up. Signed with TB this year. After the depletion of all TB's WR core the last quarter of the season was pushed into a #1 WR role. Final 5 games, 25 catches, 506 yards, and 5 TD's. I watched two of those 5 games. His knock coming out was all athlete no football player. He was attacking the football like Marvin Jones when I saw him. High pointing balls all over the field. Out muscling CB's or just running by them. Son of Brett Perriman, so comes from pedigree. 

I don't think we will land a big name FA WR, but a guy like this, presented with an opportunity to be a WR1. Cost effective, high upside, competition, just what we like. I would love to see us get him.  

Exactly how I feel too. I think he is finally finding his grove and showing that potential he always had. With that said I still wanna draft a WR in the 1st. Brown and Beasley aren't extremely young anymore. Get some young talented WRs to grow with Josh.

• Like (+1) 2

I think he asked the Browns to cut him after they signed Odell because he wanted to play, and he looked like the real deal when he got a chance.  Assuming he's not commanding a huge deal, I'd be totally down with taking a shot on him.  And yes, also draft a WR somewhere in the first 3 rounds.

• Like (+1) 7

35 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

FWIW he was not cut by the Browns.  He signed a 1 year deal with the Browns, then he hit free agency and ended up re-signing with them.  Then Cleveland traded for OBJ within a couple of days and he asked to be released from his new contract.  They obliged him.  But it was them doing him a solid, it wasn’t like they didn’t want him on the team.

It depends on his price, but Perriman would be a good addition to the team.  He’s really coming into his own and he wouldn’t preclude drafting another WR.  I like what he brings to the team as well as the flexibility we’d have in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

He’d be a solid addition. I don’t expect Cooper or Green to hit the market. I don’t want Robby Anderson. Perriman will also cost less than any of those guys, and maybe even half as much as Anderson. 

Edited by Dkollidas
  • Like (+1) 1

No thanks.

This is a guy you could've had on your roster for free 8 months ago.  Then he plays on a team that throws for 400 yards a game and he has a breakout late in the season after a few injuries to the WR position.  Hes the definition of buying the stock at its peek.

• Like (+1) 6

I wouldn't mind a one year deal in the 7-8 million range. Draft a rookie in round 1 or 2 behind him and have Perriman there as a stop gap to ease a rookie in. Then after a year let Perriman go and get paid long term elsewhere. But I think Perriman is going to try and get paid long term which may or may not happen. 

17 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

FWIW he was not cut by the Browns.  He signed a 1 year deal with the Browns, then he hit free agency and ended up re-signing with them.  Then Cleveland traded for OBJ within a couple of days and he asked to be released from his new contract.  They obliged him.  But it was them doing him a solid, it wasn’t like they didn’t want him on the team.

It depends on his price, but Perriman would be a good addition to the team.  He’s really coming into his own and he wouldn’t preclude drafting another WR.  I like what he brings to the team as well as the flexibility we’d have in the draft. 

If they wanted him they wouldn’t have done him a solid.

if they get a guy like this you still must add an elite prospect. He’s proven nothing. Foster has had a better career for a reference point of what we’d be dealing with. 

he’s a flyer not a guy you pass on a draft prospect because of.

• Like (+1) 1

I think he is an intriguing possibility.  Mike Evans is not going to happen.  Perriman is a bit of a gamble, but he's still still young and less of a gamble than a number of other free agents Buffalo could choose to pursue.  It's been noted that he would not be very expensive.  Buffalo can draft a WR as well to create competition.  I would make an offer.

37 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

I think he asked the Browns to cut him after they signed Odell because he wanted to play, and he looked like the real deal when he got a chance.  Assuming he's not commanding a huge deal, I'd be totally down with taking a shot on him.  And yes, also draft a WR somewhere in the first 3 rounds.

And then he went to Tampa? Unless he was claimed, why would he go to a team with one of the best Wr duos?

19 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

He’d be a solid addition. I don’t expect Cooper or Green to hit the market. I don’t want Robby Anderson. Perriman will also cost less than any of those guys, and maybe even half as much as Anderson. 

Agreed.  Maybe a 3 year deal front loaded with guaranteed money?  $15 million guaranteed and total $30 M for 3 years?  I don't know if that gets it done.  I don't know if we want that deal or the player.

But, I would be fine with that deal and draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round this year.  That would give us 4 WRs and a bunch to fight over the #5 spot.  Roberts #6 WR for ST.

3 minutes ago, Manther said:

Agreed.  Maybe a 3 year deal front loaded with guaranteed money?  $15 million guaranteed and total $30 M for 3 years?  I don't know if that gets it done.  I don't know if we want that deal or the player.

But, I would be fine with that deal and draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round this year.  That would give us 4 WRs and a bunch to fight over the #5 spot.  Roberts #6 WR for ST.

That would be a very poor contract. 10 mil a year because he had 5 good games?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2