NFL reaffirms the ban on tailgating at the Superbowl this year

Reed83HOF

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think this is where Mets’ fans point out our last manager went undefeated.

8 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

and ranks 7th all time in Win %. So I suppose it was a good hire
image.thumb.png.d06c1d697f09d61ea31dc38314f4fc3a.png

Pricks!  I didn't like the Beltran hire!

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Should have been Girardi IMO

He was my first choice.  My guess is that the Wilpons and BVW didn't want to give any manager too much control - and Girardi said, "no thanks."

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Between ticket prices, parking prices and not being allowed to tailgate, it's getting to the point where I think anyone who goes to the Super Bowl is an idiot.

If the Bills make a Super Bowl again in my lifetime, until I see them win one, money is no object.  I have no problem if it costs me $7,000 to go.  Unless you get your ticket in the team lottery, many of the secondary market ticket sellers have a place near the stadium where they hold a party for their Super Bowl ticket buyers, making it better than a tailgate in the parking lot. 

The last Super Bowl I went to (50) we parked about 20 miles away (Fremont California BART station, basically on the way from Concord)& took a shuttle bus for $20 each.  Very easy access in & out of Santa Clara.  There was no need to tailgate at the stadium since we had a Stubhub party a few blocks from the stadium where we picked up our tickets the day of the game.  I know both Stubhub & NFL On Location had pregame parties.  At the Stubhub party Ryan Fitzpatrick was one of the celebrity guests.  He was on a stage being interviewed & telling jokes.

For the Super Bowl in NJ, I bought parking for $105 at the shopping center about 5 miles away where Stubhub set up their ticket pick up & pregame party.  They had shuttle buses to MetLife Stadium.  

Of the 4 Bills Super Bowls I went to I only parked one time.  It cost $10 to park at the Rose Bowl parking near the stadium.  We hung out around the stadium & had some good conversations with Bills & Cowboys fans.   The other 3 times I had shuttle buses to the game from the travel package I bought.  In Tampa & Atlanta they were chartered by the travel agent.  In Minnesota all hotels gave us pins that got us on buses going to Minneapolis & St Paul the whole weekend & to the game on Sunday.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

@Roger Goodell, can you please explain this move to limit your paying fanbase (who you are probably charging $200 to park one car) from having a good time around the SB stadium?

The NFL is committed to providing a safe and inclusive experience for all our fans at the Super Bowl.  To that end there will be a number of fan friends events in the host city for both game ticket holders and the general public.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

The tailgating fan that made the league what it is today is now a persona non grata because of $$$.  NFL look at the greed of Dan Snyder and what has happened with the Washington franchise - it's a very affluent area and people say you know what I like the team but are less and less interested in that gameday experience at the field - I guess getting fleeced at every junction isn't very enjoyable.  A mile long waiting list for season tickets to having trouble selling them out.  PSLs that no one wants to buy even at discounts on resale.  I went to opening Monday night game with a friend a couple of years ago and it was pretty much the worst pro sporting event I've ever been to - in the middle of nowhere, ridiculous parking cost, supposedly good seats were very meh, and they were even playing around with something that limited your wireless access so that you had to pay to see other scores that year (I'm not sure if they ever went through with that - and it wasn't an issue on Monday night so I don't know, but remember the people around us pretty bitter about the idea of it even being floated). 

1 minute ago, Plano said:

***** that, if I'm shelling out X amount for those tickets, good luck stopping me from tailgating.

If people by the thousands just ignored this ruling, the NFL could not stop them.

The NFL is so lame, it's beyond belief. If I wanna have fun, ***** it, I'm doing what I want.

Flick the parking lot attendant $100 and say look elsewhere. They will.

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, Roger Goodell said:

The NFL is committed to providing a safe and inclusive experience for all our fans at the Super Bowl.  To that end there will be a number of fan friends events in the host city for both game ticket holders and the general public.

Post of the day Mr. Goodell, well played :D

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I get it and am okay with that decision. With that being said that’s why the Super Bowl should permanently be in New Orleans. You can walk everywhere. Hard Rock Stadium is in the middle of nowhere. 

Las Vegas would be better.

• Like (+1) 1