How does TSW feel about Andy Reid?   

168 members have voted

1. 1. I feel Andy Reid.....

• Is a hall of fame coach
    • Shouldn’t be in the HoF yet, but he’s a damn good coach
    • Is an ok coach
    • Sucks as a coach

8 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This take may not go over well for some, but I put 'ok coach.'  That is what I think he is, ok.  He almost always has a lot to work with as far as player personnel in both Philly and KC, but ends up being one and done.  Andy has outperformed himself this year, and I expect to see an underwhelming performance in the SB.  That is typically what Andy Reid is - underwhelming.

I don't think he's a bad guy, and unfair attacks were made about him not being the best father to his deceased son, which is a huge shame...I'm sure Reid still hurts thinking about his son.  I think Reid is just 'ok' and his presence as a coach hasn't done anything to define/redefine the position of an NFL coach.

One and done? Been to the SB twice and was a game away from it last year. He’s also won a ton of games, season after season. 

I believe he and Schottenheimer are Hall of Fame coaches.  

Reid's successes with 2 different franchises all while getting the very best out of every QB that he has had, puts him in for me.

Andy Reid is the single greatest developer of QB talent that the NFL has ever seen.  Ironically he will be going up against #2 greatest developer of QBs, Kyle Shanahan, in a week.

Edited by Chicken Boo

23 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

One and done? Been to the SB twice and was a game away from it last year. He’s also won a ton of games, season after season. 

He usually is a game away and ends up losing.  That is what he is known for and past articles have been critical of him by pointing it out.  He's been to the SB once, this is his second appearance.

Not sure I care about his status one way or another....  

he is kinda like what’s his name the Chargers coach that couldn’t win in the post season from a few years back.. Marty something or another....

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Just wondering how you guys feel about Andy Reid.  I feel he’s currently a borderline HoFer and likely a HoFer before he’s finished.  

i see Reid get slaughtered on this board by the same people over and over.  I was wondering how the rest of the board feels about him

I thought he was crazy not taking a year off but it seems to be working for him I guess 

207 wins 128 losses in 21 seasons.  Yet in playoffs 28 games: 14-14.

1/5  in Conf Championship games.

He's won 77 games in KC, only 4 playoff wins in 7 seasons (5 losses).

MO:  racks up tons of regular season wins.  Wins early round playoff games.  Gets routinely outcoached in biggest games.  Big game doofus.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This poll is kinda insane.  He’s without a doubt HOFer.  He has 17 seasons of 9 or more wins in 21 wins.

this while rings are only thing that matters is getting so stupid.  Should not as many Bills have gotten in?  That scrub Draymond Green was talking crap to an all time great in Charles Barkley because he has more rings.  Joe Flacco must be a better qb than Dan Marino.

its absolutely insane how much people overrate one game.  Like if Reid wins, he is suddenly a better coach?  Stupid. He is one of the greatest coaches of his era.  He should be in either way. 

So a winning % of 62% in 21 years isn’t enough?  Wild stuff.  Does Marv deserve to be in?

I think he should be in the HOF.  I don't think one game matters that much but he has choked in the biggest games just like Marv did.  That said Reid is a far better coach than Levy ever was.  For the record, no I don't think Levy should have been elected to the HOF.  Not before Coryell or Flores, perhaps not ever.

But what about this guy? 21 seasons, 205-139-1 (0.613 win %), with only 2 losing seasons.  5-13 in the playoffs though  

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

MO:  racks up tons of regular season wins.  Wins early round playoff games.  Gets routinely outcoached in biggest games.  Big game doofus.

Well this is his second Superbowl so he must have at least 2 conf championship wins

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I believe he and Schottenheimer are Hall of Fame coaches.  

Reid's successes with 2 different franchises all while getting the very best out of every QB that he has had, puts him in for me.

Andy Reid is the single greatest developer of QB talent that the NFL has ever seen.  Ironically he will be going up against #2 greatest developer of QBs, Kyle Shanahan, in a week.

No love for Bill Walsh?  Don Coryell? Jon Gruden? Mike Holmgren? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

1 and 5 in conference championships yet he’s been to 2 Super Bowls.  Interesting. 

Borderline HOFer like Cowher who pry needed that one Superbowl to get in.  It might be the same for Reid.  He turned around the Eagles and Chiefs.  Got the most out of all his QB's (McNabb, Vick, Alex Smith, Mahomes) and was able to tailor his offenses to play to their strengths.  Impressive coaching tree. 

Holmgren deserves to be in btw and was surprised he didn't.

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I think he should be in the HOF.  I don't think one game matters that much but he has choked in the biggest games just like Marv did.  That said Reid is a far better coach than Levy ever was.  For the record, no I don't think Levy should have been elected to the HOF.  Not before Coryell or Flores, perhaps not ever.

But what about this guy? 21 seasons, 205-139-1 (0.613 win %), with only 2 losing seasons.  5-13 in the playoffs though  

Well this is his second Superbowl so he must have at least 2 conf championship wins

No love for Bill Walsh?  Don Coryell? Jon Gruden? Mike Holmgren? 

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

1 and 5 in conference championships yet he’s been to 2 Super Bowls.  Interesting. 

Sorry. 2 for 6.

Reid is a great offensive mind and a great game planner.  His teams are almost always competitive. However his weaknesses are changing the plan in game. Last years AFC championship was a prime example. This year I thought it was going to happen twice vs Texans and Titans but Mahomes bailed him out. Win the SB and hes a shoe in.

13 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

He's been to the SB once, this is his second appearance.

A question:

Wrecks’ Ryan > Andy Reid, since Ryan has a ring?  Can’t remember if he got it as third assistant defensive line coach, or maybe because he found it in a pawn shop.  ?

I wouldnt mind seeing him win especially after 5 NFC Championship games and No Lombardi trophy. The T.O. game in the superbowl wouldve been a great story. 

That being said, I think we all would like to see the QB that left the Pats win elsewhere.