NewEra

How does TSW feel about Andy Reid?   

168 members have voted

1. 1. I feel Andy Reid.....

• Is a hall of fame coach
    • Shouldn’t be in the HoF yet, but he’s a damn good coach
    • Is an ok coach
    • Sucks as a coach

All-time great offensive mind, and I hope he gets a ring this year.

As Parcells said, when you win a ring nobody can ever say you couldn't win the big one. That's really the only criticism of Reid that anyone has left. 

I also want to see Mahomes get a ring early. It takes all the "will he ever win one?" pressure away. For the rest of his career, he would be a Super Bowl winning QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

This poll is kinda insane.  He’s without a doubt HOFer.  He has 17 seasons of 9 or more wins in 21 wins.

this while rings are only thing that matters is getting so stupid.  Should not as many Bills have gotten in?  That scrub Draymond Green was talking crap to an all time great in Charles Barkley because he has more rings.  Joe Flacco must be a better qb than Dan Marino.

its absolutely insane how much people overrate one game.  Like if Reid wins, he is suddenly a better coach?  Stupid. He is one of the greatest coaches of his era.  He should be in either way. 

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I agree with most sentiments here. Very good OC with QB friendly schemes

Needs a ring to get in to the HoF

So a winning % of 62% in 21 years isn’t enough?  Wild stuff.  Does Marv deserve to be in?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This poll is kinda insane.  He’s without a doubt HOFer.  He has 17 seasons of 9 or more wins in 21 wins.

this while rings are only thing that matters is getting so stupid.  Should not as many Bills have gotten in?  That scrub Draymond Green was talking crap to an all time great in Charles Barkley because he has more rings.  Joe Flacco must be a better qb than Dan Marino.

its absolutely insane how much people overrate one game.  Like if Reid wins, he is suddenly a better coach?  Stupid. He is one of the greatest coaches of his era.  He should be in either way. 

So a winning % of 62% in 21 years isn’t enough?  Wild stuff.  Does Marv deserve to be in?

I made it because i feel like Andy Reid is a very good coach and I consistently read clutter on the board hating on him.  I have no ill feeling towards him and was praying he’d be the Bills coach when he left Philly.  

I feel HoF as a coach usually requires a championship or has achieved something no one has ever done before.  4 Super Bowls in a row is special in its own right and has been recognized as such with Marvs induction imo.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I made it because i feel like Andy Reid is a very good coach and I consistently read clutter on the board hating on him.  I have no ill feeling towards him and was praying he’d be the Bills coach when he left Philly.  

I feel HoF as a coach usually requires a championship or has achieved something no one has ever done before.  4 Super Bowls in a row is special in its own right and has been recognized as such with Marvs induction imo.  

Good points. I’d argue that his amount of wins and taking 2 different teams in 2 different conferences should make him an absolute lock, regardless if he doesn’t win. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good points. I’d argue that his amount of wins and taking 2 different teams in 2 different conferences should make him an absolute lock, regardless if he doesn’t win. 

I hear ya.  I agree he’s a stud coach. 

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Just wondering how you guys feel about Andy Reid.  I feel he’s currently a borderline HoFer and likely a HoFer before he’s finished.  

i see Reid get slaughtered on this board by the same people over and over.  I was wondering how the rest of the board feels about him

As a HC - he is an amazing Offensive Coordinator.  I do not want him necessarily guiding my team on Sundays, but would love to have those offensive chops on my staff.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As much as we like to bash Jauron on here, his statement about how hard it is to win in NFL is true. Being able to maintain the success Reid has is astounding and I think people are so used to Madden and/or the Patriots they consider success to be a given.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He is one of the all-time great play designers and play-callers in pro football.

Ad a HC, he’s had sustained success and has developed some great athletes into all-pro QBs.

A SB win puts him squarely in the HOF.

Yep. I can’t think of many coaches, HoF or otherwise great, who have had as much success as Andy has had with multiple QBs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm a "fan" I suppose. The guy has a well deserved rap as "never getting it done," but he's also never had an elite QB. McNabb was never "elite." 

The similarities between he and Cowher are pretty striking assuming he finally gets it done now that he has Mahomes.

I don't have any strong feelings one way or another, but I'd like to see him win(I guess.) The Bills aren't playing so I won't have a strong rooting interest in the SB.

I have always been amazed that he can function at such a high level with the condition he's in. It has to be hard just standing up for a whole game. I'm not busting on him, I'm just saying that physically, the guy is in rough shape - morbidly obese. Yet he kicks arse at one of the world's most demanding and stressful jobs. 

Edited by skibum