NewEra

How does TSW feel about Andy Reid?   

168 members have voted

1. 1. I feel Andy Reid.....

• Is a hall of fame coach
    • Shouldn’t be in the HoF yet, but he’s a damn good coach
    • Is an ok coach
    • Sucks as a coach

Just wondering how you guys feel about Andy Reid.  I feel he’s currently a borderline HoFer and likely a HoFer before he’s finished.  

i see Reid get slaughtered on this board by the same people over and over.  I was wondering how the rest of the board feels about him

Edited by NewEra

I thought I hated him when he was the Eagles Head Coach. Turns out it isn't the Eagles and Andy Reid I can't stand. It is just the Philadelphia Eagles and everything about that stinkin' franchise.

I think Reid might make the HoF in any event but if he secures a ring a week on Sunday they he is a stone cold HoF lock.

• Like (+1) 4

If he doesn't win the Super Bowl, he's borderline.  If he wins it this year (or in the future), he's in for sure.  The guy has had great success with 2 different franchises and led both to many division titles, playoff appearances and now the Super Bowl.  There's no question he knows how to create and run an offense as well as anyone in the history of the league.  He also comes across, at least to me, as a good guy. 

Edited by msw2112

This take may not go over well for some, but I put 'ok coach.'  That is what I think he is, ok.  He almost always has a lot to work with as far as player personnel in both Philly and KC, but ends up being one and done.  Andy has outperformed himself this year, and I expect to see an underwhelming performance in the SB.  That is typically what Andy Reid is - underwhelming.

I don't think he's a bad guy, and unfair attacks were made about him not being the best father to his deceased son, which is a huge shame...I'm sure Reid still hurts thinking about his son.  I think Reid is just 'ok' and his presence as a coach hasn't done anything to define/redefine the position of an NFL coach.

• Like (+1) 1

I think he needs a ring to be a HOFer. Not that that alone defines it, but if he never gets the ring I think the door is left open to the debate about his inability to win when all the chips are down. Especially if he never gets a ring with what looks like an all time talent at QB. 

12 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He is one of the all-time great play designers and play-callers in pro football.

Ad a HC, he’s had sustained success and has developed some great athletes into all-pro QBs.

A SB win puts him squarely in the HOF.

sounds right to me. 20 plus years as HC. Winning record. Multiple Super Bowl appearances. 200 wins. 

Super bowl might lock it up for him. 

He is one of the most influential coaches in today’s game. He learned at Green Bay under one of the greats. The success of his coaching tree is second to none. He is the Jedi to Belichick’s Sith. 

He just needs a ring as a HC to make it a 100% lock (instead of just a 95% lock). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1