The Outlet Challenge

/dev/null

ha reminds me of walking in on some roommates in college. a prong snapped in the outlet, roommate #1 was getting ready to try to pull it out with needle nose pliers, while roommate #2 was on standby with an aluminum bat to push roommate #1 away if he got electrocuted. derr.

man we smoked a ton of grass in that apartment.

• Haha (+1) 4

A fire at Westford Academy.  Oh man. That’s my alma mater.  It’s not a private school, it’s just what they call the high school in Westford, Mass. I think it was a private school many, many decades ago.  A suburb of wealthy families.  I doubt that my family could afford to live there today.  I will guess that a spoiled rich kid is to blame for the fire.  

42 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

A fire at Westford Academy.  Oh man. That’s my alma mater.  It’s not a private school, it’s just what they call the high school in Westford, Mass. I think it was a private school many, many decades ago.  A suburb of wealthy families.  I doubt that my family could afford to live there today.  I will guess that a spoiled rich kid is to blame for the fire.  

you were a westford gray ghost?!

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

you see... the whole problem is that it is a binary situation. a female receptacle and a male plug. now... had they had 31 flavors of mating, this would never happen. blame it all on the binary.

Edited by Foxx

3 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

My sister inlaw lives in Westford.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I'm just up the road

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

remember these?

paddle_29657159_ver1.0.jpg

Yep, I vividly remember the principal of my first elementary school having a paddle shaped and painted like a tennis racket proudly on display.

One time in kindergarten, our whole class had to march down to his office to watch a classmate get “paddled”.  The kid bawled his eyes out, but in hindsight I’m pretty sure there was no actual physical pain, just shame and embarrassment. Still, a pretty jacked up way of doing things. This was a public school, circa 1980.

Then I switched to Catholic school in 2nd grade. There was no corporal punishment, however, those nuns played some terrifying psychological games. Hell, I’d take the paddle over Sister Jane Marie’s coffee breath all up in my grill any day.