The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Let's dig a little deeper here.  You said "much" of the data supports reopening.  "Much," as you know, is a fungible thing.  It could be 10%.  It could be 35%.  Or it could be more.  

I'd like the weight of the relevant information to support reopening.  It's kind of like the HCL discussion.  There is some information that supports its broad use in this context.  But the weight of the data does not.  Said differently, the approach isn't generally accepted within the relevant scientific community.  So I would wait on that front, and would take the same approach on reopening unless and until the relevant scientific community accepts an approach. 

So, what is the wieight of the data regarding your position? 10%? 25%? 50%? Or more?  Does the weight of the data (e.g., more than 50%) support your position?

Edited by billsfan1959

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

So, what is the wieight of the data? 10%? 25%? 50%? Or more?  Does the weight of the data (e.g., more than 50%) support your position?

Weight of the data is pretty obvious.  I'll leave that alone.  

On reopening, my general POV is that there probably isn't a one size fits all solution, and that reopening probably will have to be gradual, both in terms of geography and industry.  The Cuomo approach seems to be a smart one, and the grouping of linked areas (e.g., tri-state area around NYC) makes a lot of sense.  Whether the weight of the data supports that position I can't say - I haven't studied the issue sufficiently to reach such a conclusion.  

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Look at you, blindly accepting the ***** your masters spoon feed you.

Like a good little sheep.

Kind of like OAN viewers.  Or is that "non-fake" news?  I get so confused trying to figure out which news is regarded as fake and which is real these days.  One day the WSJ is real.  Then it's fake.  One day Fox is real.  Then that's fake, too.  It's almost as if whether news is real or fake depends on whether such news is good or bad for Trump. 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You'll pardon me if I don't believe this statement.

Good work on addressing the statement.  Now, the question.  Is that fake, too?

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Good work on addressing the statement.  Now, the question.  Is that fake, too?

It's patently fake that he/she/it/whatever watches the President daily.

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Kind of like OAN viewers.  Or is that "non-fake" news?  I get so confused trying to figure out which news is regarded as fake and which is real these days.  One day the WSJ is real.  Then it's fake.  One day Fox is real.  Then that's fake, too.  It's almost as if whether news is real or fake depends on whether such news is good or bad for Trump. 

For the record, I don't watch ANY television news outlet. It's all trash.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I drop by once in a while to marvel at the stupidity and the inability of you to dispute Trump’s lies, in this case about the virus.

Your turn. Deny Trump’s lies about the virus that I posted a link to. You won't. You can't. Prove me wrong or continue to insult, the mark of the weak.

I'd like to commend you on single-handedly keeping the furniture industry afloat these past few months. Hopefully you bought local. Cheers ? 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Why is it patently fake?  If I said I watch the President daily, would you think that's fake, too?  

21 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Simple. An editorial article posted from the Atlantic - a fully paid for and operative propaganda outlet for the establishment Democratic party - can't be trusted to publish anything remotely truthful or objective.

I loved the author's article from early  March where they opined that Liz Warren lost because she's too competent. ??

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Hey Joe.

You're still here, so how about an answer?

I answered your question. 

Fake. Knowing the atlantic, they probably de-contextualized a statement to editorialize.

Remember, these are the people who acted in concert with people who attempted to overturn a legitimate election and lied to do so. So yes, ANYTHING they publish is fake.

11 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Weight of the data is pretty obvious.  I'll leave that alone.  

On reopening, my general POV is that there probably isn't a one size fits all solution, and that reopening probably will have to be gradual, both in terms of geography and industry.  The Cuomo approach seems to be a smart one, and the grouping of linked areas (e.g., tri-state area around NYC) makes a lot of sense.  Whether the weight of the data supports that position I can't say - I haven't studied the issue sufficiently to reach such a conclusion.  

So, the weight of the data is pretty obvious; however, you haven't studied the issue of reopening enough to know whether the weight of the data supports it?

Just an observation: If you don't know whether the weight of the data supports a position, then the weight of the data isn't that obvious.

And if you haven't studied the issue of reopening enough to reach a conclusion, then maybe you should do so before calling out other people's opinions.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You know that video recordings exist of things he says right? Not watching them doesn’t change what he says. You are in denial. 

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Fake. Knowing the atlantic, they probably de-contextualized a statement to editorialize.

Remember, these are the people who acted in concert with people who attempted to overturn a legitimate election and lied to do so. So yes, ANYTHING they publish is fake.

There it is.

Joe short-circuited when confronted with something he could not answer.

Don't feel bad Joe. None of your friends will be able to answer, either.

• Like (+1) 2