The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 hours ago, GG said:

Lots of silence from the usual crowd knocking the response to the outbreak.  Probably trying to figure out how to blame Trump.

Nah I had other stuff to do.  But I’m back for a bit to see what nonsense you’re going to come up with today.  

Also, I hope be able to reveal my secret plan to eradicate the virus later tonight.   I’ve been working on it all day.  Stay tuned. 

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I said European entry and density. Also the strain that hit in NYC is stronger than the one that hit the west coast, supposedly.

Okay, why is NYC hammered? Is it because it's blue?

Perhaps the ingesting of bleach is higher in Corona.

Since it's Q+A time, if black people stormed into a government building with guns for a reason they thought worthy, what would be your reaction and Trump's reaction?

Why did Trump refuse to bring an American translator into his meeting with Putin?

Why didn't Trump reveal his tax returns as he said he would?

Why did Trump say repeatedly that China is doing a great job with the virus? Why did he recently change his mind?

Why didn't the virus magically disappear, as Trump said it would?

Why did Trump refuse to answer Mueller's questions after saying he would?

Why does he make fun of handicapped people?

Why does he lie even if he has nothing to gain from the lie?

Why did he violate the Constitution when he violated the Emoluments clause?

Why does he whine more than any person you have ever met and then tell us how strong he is

Why is he totally terrified of being interviewed by anyone besides Fox? A man as smart and honest as he says he is would crush any reporter. Right?

After criticizing Obama for playing golf too much and saying he would never play, why does he golf so much more than Obama?

After saying he would hire only the best people, why so many indictments and crimes for these best people?

Why does he continue to insist that the Central Park 5 is guilty after they have been proved innocent?

Why is he so insecure and petty?

What makes you like someone who is the antithesis of how parents want their children to turn out?

Why would he want a spokesperson like Giuliani, who recently said if we are going to track the virus we should also trace heart attacks and cancer, a statement almost as stupid as suggesting injecting bleach into the human body.

Why did Trump say that the virus would not return in the fall when everyone knows it will?

Why does Trump say something and then say he never said it, even though it's on video tape?

Why do you think Trump's strongest support comes from uneducated, older white men?

Why did he threaten to sue if his grades in school were revealed?

Why does he wear more makeup than Tammy Faye Baker did?

Why does he insist that those around him must praise him to the point of embarrassing themselves?

Why did he constantly hire people and then refuse to pay them after work was completed?

Why wouldn't any American banks lend him money?

Why were so many apartments in Trump Tower rented to known criminals from Russia?

Why does he create magazines that show him on the cover and hang them on his properties?

Why did he keep a book of Hitler quotes by his bed?

Why did he say there were good people on both sides when one of the sides marched through the streets yelling "Jews will not replace us?"

Why does he steal from charities?

Why did he say he didn't know who David Duke is? Do you believe he's that stupid?

Why won't Trump allow Faucci to testify in Congress?

Why did Trump fire Flynn? Was he lying about the reason, then? 

Why does Trump praise lots of dictators?

Here's the most important question going forward:

If the unthinkable happens and Trump loses in November and he claims voting irregularities make the election void, without concrete evidence, will you continue to back him?

Considering it's a cult that one's easy, isn't it?

This friggin guy and Kim Jong Un are like two peas in a pod.  A couple of fat narcissists who haven’t heard the word no in way too long who are disliked by a majority of the population they rule. 

Edited by SectionC3

12 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I said European entry and density. Also the strain that hit in NYC is stronger than the one that hit the west coast, supposedly.

Since it's Q+A time, if black people stormed into a government building with guns for a reason they thought worthy, what would be your reaction and Trump's reaction?

Why did Trump refuse to bring an American translator into his meeting with Putin?

Why did Trump say repeatedly that China is doing a great job with the virus? Why did he recently change his mind?

Why does he whine more than any person you have ever met and then tell us how strong he is

Why is he totally terrified of being interviewed by anyone besides Fox? A man as smart and honest as he says he is would crush any reporter. Right?

After criticizing Obama for playing golf too much and saying he would never play, why does he golf so much more than Obama?

After saying he would hire only the best people, why so many indictments and crimes for these best people?

Why does he continue to insist that the Central Park 5 is guilty after they have been proved innocent?

What makes you like someone who is the antithesis of how parents want their children to turn out?

Why would he want a spokesperson like Giuliani, who recently said if we are going to track the virus we should also trace heart attacks and cancer, a statement almost as stupid as suggesting injecting bleach into the human body.

Why did Trump say that the virus would not return in the fall when everyone knows it will?

Why does Trump say something and then say he never said it, even though it's on video tape?

Why do you think Trump's strongest support comes from uneducated, older white men?

Why does he insist that those around him must praise him to the point of embarrassing themselves?

Why did he constantly hire people and then refuse to pay them after work was completed?

Why were so many apartments in Trump Tower rented to known criminals from Russia?

Why does he create magazines that show him on the cover and hang them on his properties?

Why did he say there were good people on both sides when one of the sides marched through the streets yelling "Jews will not replace us?"

Why did he say he didn't know who David Duke is? Do you believe he's that stupid?

If the unthinkable happens and Trump loses in November and he claims voting irregularities make the election void, without concrete evidence, will you continue to back him?

I don't believe there is a single significant policy rub in your post.  Newsflash, Trump was a known jerk before he was elected.  He was elected to resolve illegal immigration, cut taxes, negotiate better trade deals, end mid east wars and be a foil against the political and media establishment.  He also ran to some extent on fiscal responsibility of which he is failing, but what the Trump haters don't get is that while much of what you posted are unpleasant Trump happenings, it's the bigger picture, the important stuff that generates his support.  It would sure be nice if he were more "Presidential" but I wouldn't trade that for ***** policy.

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Detroit the city or the general Detroit area?

Overall Detroit area- it has been about 10 years but I thought it had more areas like williamsville and grand island than Buffalo. It might be simply the areas I was but I went to a lot of nice areas outside Detroit 

5 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I don't believe there is a single significant policy rub in your post.  Newsflash, Trump was a known jerk before he was elected.  He was elected to resolve illegal immigration, cut taxes, negotiate better trade deals, end mid east wars and be a foil against the political and media establishment.  He also ran to some extent on fiscal responsibility of which he is failing, but what the Trump haters don't get is that while much of what you posted are unpleasant Trump happenings, it's the bigger picture, the important stuff that generates his support.  It would sure be nice if he were more "Presidential" but I wouldn't trade that for ***** policy.

I find it hysterical that Tea Party Conservatives support him when he's the worst thing that ever happened to the deficit. 

Conservatives support Trump despite so little of his policies actually being conservative. It's so crazy. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Overall Detroit area- it has been about 10 years but I thought it had more areas like williamsville and grand island than Buffalo. It might be simply the areas I was but I went to a lot of nice areas outside Detroit 

There are very mixed areas around Detroit much like there are around Buffalo.  Michigan like New York is a very nice state with a wide variety of areas throughout.  Some very beautiful recreation areas in the northern and western parts of the state and some vibrant areas around Detroit just like Buffalo.  You can have a great life in either place. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I find it hysterical that Tea Party Conservatives support him when he's the worst thing that ever happened to the deficit. 

Conservatives support Trump despite so little of his policies actually being conservative. It's so crazy. 

Which makes the left's hysterical hatred for him all the more puzzling.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Well he's more conservative overall than what the opposing party has served up, so there's the preference. 

Just now, keepthefaith said:

There are very mixed areas around Detroit much like there are around Buffalo.  Michigan like New York is a very nice state with a wide variety of areas throughout the state.  Some very beautiful recreation areas in the norther and western parts of the state and some vibrant areas around Detroit just like Buffalo.  You can have a great life in either place. 

I can see how I came off bashing Buffalo- which was not my intention- I love going back to visit. I agree with you about both places.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I can see how I came off bashing Buffalo- which was not my intention- I love going back to visit. I agree with you about both places.

I too really enjoy going back and New York state has so much to offer if you can get past the politics and taxes and weather a few months of the year. 

NY’s reopening criteria seem sensible and mostly follow the Trump guidelines. I suspect he will be flexible if a single one of these proves very hard to meet. Cuomo continues to do a good job through this, even after he killed all the upstate people by taking their ventilators. .  

The criteria, heavily influenced by guidelines issued last month by the White House and the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, include:

• Net hospitalizations for cases of Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus, must either show a continuous 14-day decline or total no more than 15 new hospitalizations a day on average over three days. The latter would probably be a realistic goal only in less populated areas.

• A 14-day decline in virus-related hospital deaths, or fewer than five a day, averaged over three days. New York City and many other parts of the state have reached that benchmark, but Long Island and the Hudson Valley have not.

• A three-day rate of new hospitalizations below two per 100,000 residents a day, something that was well beyond the grasp of New York City and its suburbs on Monday.

• A hospital-bed vacancy rate of at least 30 percent, which Mr. Cuomo has said is necessary to be prepared for possible new waves of the disease in the future. Most parts of New York have met the threshold, despite more than 9,600 coronavirus patients still being hospitalized.

• An availability rate of at least 30 percent for intensive care unit beds; 3,330 people remain in such units, often on ventilators, which are needed in severe cases of the disease.

• A weekly average of 30 virus tests per 1,000 residents a month. This category could be the most challenging one to meet in many rural or more remote areas, where testing, and thus positive results, has lagged far behind major cities, like New York, which already is surpassing this goal.

• Finally, the governor also wants at least 30 working contact tracers per 100,000 residents as part of a program led by Michael R. Bloomberg, the former New York City mayor, who has given $10.5 million for the effort. Mr. Cuomo has described the initiative as “a monumental undertaking,” requiring “an army” of tracers, some of whom will be public employees who have been redeployed.

Edited by shoshin

47 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Having Hillary roaming the backwoods was more than worth it for most never-Trumpers. 

A very basic and simple fact that linear thinkers like you can't get your brains around.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

Need a quick 5G dose to get your head on straight

Desperation is thy name.

Speaking of quick, you should be able to show my commentary on 5G.

How are all those Mueller indictments coming along?   

I also recall you said you'd go away for good if Flynn was exonerated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Exonerated ain't a Trump pardon 5G

His plea still stands as guilty.

I take that you won't disappear when all your talking points go up in smoke in about 2 weeks?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

I take that you won't disappear when all your talking points go up in smoke in about 2 weeks?

2 weeks? Last Sunday I was told it would be this week. Last year I was told late summer/early autumn.

I'll give you two weeks 5G - May 18th

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, shoshin said:

NY’s reopening criteria seem sensible and mostly follow the Trump guidelines. I suspect he will be flexible if a single one of these proves very hard to meet. Cuomo continues to do a good job through this, even after he killed all the upstate people by taking their ventilators. .  

The criteria, heavily influenced by guidelines issued last month by the White House and the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, include:

• Net hospitalizations for cases of Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus, must either show a continuous 14-day decline or total no more than 15 new hospitalizations a day on average over three days. The latter would probably be a realistic goal only in less populated areas.

• A 14-day decline in virus-related hospital deaths, or fewer than five a day, averaged over three days. New York City and many other parts of the state have reached that benchmark, but Long Island and the Hudson Valley have not.

• A three-day rate of new hospitalizations below two per 100,000 residents a day, something that was well beyond the grasp of New York City and its suburbs on Monday.

• A hospital-bed vacancy rate of at least 30 percent, which Mr. Cuomo has said is necessary to be prepared for possible new waves of the disease in the future. Most parts of New York have met the threshold, despite more than 9,600 coronavirus patients still being hospitalized.

• An availability rate of at least 30 percent for intensive care unit beds; 3,330 people remain in such units, often on ventilators, which are needed in severe cases of the disease.

A weekly average of 30 virus tests per 1,000 residents a month. This category could be the most challenging one to meet in many rural or more remote areas, where testing, and thus positive results, has lagged far behind major cities, like New York, which already is surpassing this goal.

• Finally, the governor also wants at least 30 working contact tracers per 100,000 residents as part of a program led by Michael R. Bloomberg, the former New York City mayor, who has given $10.5 million for the effort. Mr. Cuomo has described the initiative as “a monumental undertaking,” requiring “an army” of tracers, some of whom will be public employees who have been redeployed.

The bolded could be difficult when facilities that have the tests are still performing a triage on actually performing the tests even when somebody has a doctor's order to get the test performed.  There are people here that are getting turned away from being tested after their doctor has decided they have a reasonable chance of having contracted it and are exhibiting multiple symptoms.  ("We have to save the tests for the REALLY sick people" is what they were told when they were turned away & then told to voluntarily quarantine for 14 days.)

1 hour ago, Warren Zevon said:

Exonerated ain't a Trump pardon 5G

His plea still stands as guilty.

Trump himself has a fundamental misunderstanding of “exoneration.”  It’s no surprise this G guy doesn’t get it, either. 

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

We keep hearing that Asian hornets are the new thing now.

Where has Trump been hiding them?

They’re just the latest hoax.  Nothing to worry about there. 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That proves it. @Kemp is stuck in 2016. :lol: 

There is something wrong with that boy. Brings to mind a quote from Steve Buscemi:

“He’s a fountain of misplaced rage. Name your cliche; Mother held him too much or not enough, last picked at kickball, late night sneaky uncle, whatever. Now he’s so angry that moments of levity actually cause him pain; give him headaches. Happiness, for that gentleman, hurts.”

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3