The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, Kemp said:

I used to try and engage him, but every time he is backed up into an illogical stance, he lashes out with ad hominem attacks.

False -- you can't just NOT lie, can you. 

You tried to DOXX me. And failed at that because you're not very bright. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Signature @Deranged Rhino - always building credibility belittling others... And one who fails to acknowledge his own hypocrisy - DAILY.

Meanwhile - who is actually in court trying to hide his DNA over an actual RAPE case?

E. Jean Carroll, who says Donald Trump raped her, seeks his DNA

E. Jean Carroll slams Kayleigh McEnany’s dismissal of Trump assault allegations

Covid?

13 minutes ago, Magox said:

I guess we will find out.

Yep. Ramp up hospital capacity ( similar to before) and adjust it upward if needed. We previously had thousands of hospital beds waiting for Covid patients that never arrived. The modeling has been way off, and I’m skeptical that such a disparity can be attributed to lockdowns. Florida Governor was told he would need upward of 450,000 beds and they actually needed closer to 2,000. Capacity will determine everything going forward and it’s where the focus should be. We cannot afford another lockdown, so all resources should go into the health system. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Pretty interesting stuff. There was some TB vaccine discussion earlier in the covid news cycle about how they still give some of those vaccines in Japan, India and some parts of Asia that are getting underaffected right now.

He praises the Gates Foundation's work, which is credit where credit is due. I will keep echoing this because there's a strange thing going on here about Gates.

He downplays the significance of Remdesivir in this fight so far and utterly dismissed HCQ as pure anecdotal and has no acceptance among research scientists.

I think the big movie twist is the Gates foundation, along with some US universities are deeply involved with the Wuhan lab and riding shotgun on pressuring the WHO.

I think he's personally deep on this. I don't think the Chinese knew the depths of the research in Wuhan until the accident but I'll bet Gates did. 

He found a willing partner to push the limits in research and it backfired.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You'll find it's a tiny bit more palatable here if you ignore him. Remember that he is to be pitied because a political section of a Buffalo Bills chat room is where he spends all of his time.

He enjoys it because he can feel like a big shot because the even dumber ones look up to him. In his mind, this makes him a star of sorts.

I used to try and engage him, but every time he is backed up into an illogical stance, he lashes out with ad hominem attacks. This is why I no longer hesitate to expose him.

All he does is post links from other fools. He is merely an aggregator of the collective stupid.

He sits all day, every day, just linking and talking down to those that are smarter and/or more intellectually honest.

Remember also that you are arguing with Trump supporters who maintaun that Biden is a sexual predator while backing Trump. These are not the brightest bulbs.

These same people are championing a man who wonders if injecting bleach into the human body in order to clean one's lungs. 

They might be pretty stupid, but if they ever went to a doctor who suggested this as a possibility most would never go back to that doctor.  Sadly, some might follow his advice, as was demonstrably shown when hundreds called authorities to ask if it's a good idea. 

I drop by here every once in a while to poke them with sticks, because it's sometimes fun to watch the frothing anger and stupidity pour out.

It's sort of ironic. Conservatives have always maintained a stance of law and order. Now, they support armed insurrection on government property. They used to claim they were the fiscally responsible ones. How has the deficit fared under their hero?

Most importantly,  we are arguing with cult members. Logic is irrelevant. They have created a new concept called alternative facts.

This is the small scummy pond where DR thinks he is the king, much like his hero fancies himself a king. He is to be pitied, not engaged

Why are you so angry?

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I just recently moved from the beach -- so I thought, "at least I don't have to hear that ***** all day". But nope, starting at 9am in my new neighborhood there are two choppers doing continuous passes over the hiking trails on the mountains now. Lovely. 

Wow. I'm iffy on beaches. Just see both ways.  

Anyways the sun vitamin D really helps out. Heard lack of vitamin D helps little bit with this virus and lots people in USA lack it. Vitamin D from the sun really helps the body out. People should be more outside rather inside. But in a safe way.

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They're not here to stay on topic. They're not here to add to the conversation. 

They're here to derail it. Because they're bad actors.

foot soldiers for a brave new world

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, snafu said:

This is truly an honest question:  why did you post this article?

You posted the link and no context.  I'm wondering why you posted this.

This is truly an honest question:  who posts context with an Onion article? Or a Babylon Bee one? If you don't get the satire, move along!

3 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

This is truly an honest question:  who posts context with an Onion article? Or a Babylon Bee one? If you don't get the satire, move along!

I didn't ask you.

Did I?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Wow. I'm iffy on beaches. Just see both ways.  

Anyways the sun vitamin D really helps out. Heard lack of vitamin D helps little bit with this virus and lots people in USA lack it. Vitamin D from the sun really helps the body out. People should be more outside rather inside. But in a safe way.

Yes and for those of us that are in ***** climates indoors a lot take a vitamin D supplement.  It's a fat stored vitamin so once you build it up it will stay with you for a while with a little ongoing supplementation.  Even run of the mill family docs believe in the value of healthy vitamin D levels.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Pretty interesting stuff. There was some TB vaccine discussion earlier in the covid news cycle about how they still give some of those vaccines in Japan, India and some parts of Asia that are getting underaffected right now.

He praises the Gates Foundation's work, which is credit where credit is due. I will keep echoing this because there's a strange thing going on here about Gates.

He downplays the significance of Remdesivir in this fight so far and utterly dismissed HCQ as pure anecdotal and has no acceptance among research scientists.

27 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I think the big movie twist is the Gates foundation, along with some US universities are deeply involved with the Wuhan lab and riding shotgun on pressuring the WHO.

I think he's personally deep on this. I don't think the Chinese knew the depths of the research in Wuhan until the accident but I'll bet Gates did. 

He found a willing partner to push the limits in research and it backfired.

Yeah, the Bill Gates praise put me off. Nevertheless, it was interesting to hear how many different paths were being taken in a search for a vaccine.

3 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Every PPP member knows there is only 1 liberal with 42687 different accounts here. C'mon!

Oh, sorry, my punctuation was wrong.  How's this: I didn't ask you, did I?

As in, I asked an honest question in an honest way and didn't ask it to you.

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 1