The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

On 1/27/2020 at 10:07 AM, Bob in Mich said:

I don't know your views well enough to know if the bolded above was sincere or ironic. 

I think we do now have a government that is very much less truthful than past administrations.  They are terribly dishonest, when it benefits them.  Recall the Alabama hurricane?  That was administration efforts to lie to the public in order to save face.  This administration is not above being dishonest.  Not the least bit.

Uh oh.  The crayon eaters are out again.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nanker said:

Pretty low fatality rates for those cases, assuming they were all hospitalized ... from 1 to 4%, and about 2% overall. 

Yep. Unless the reports of fatalities are completely wrong, this doesn’t seem to be all that awful.

And Is it super contagious?

As of 6 hours ago:

Tomorrow or the next day, the official number of infections will exceed the 2003 SARS outbreak (where ~8,100 were infected and just under 800 died).

The mortality rate is still unknown, and no telling how many of those 1,200+ are in critical condition. So far, the official number that have "recovered" is around 110, less than those who have succumbed to it.

image.thumb.png.114713dc8ad16eb20081946c9c90e9ee.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Danish daily newspaper on Monday (Jan. 27) published a satirical Chinese national flag with its five yellow stars replaced by five viruses, a clear reference to the novel coronavirus that has swept almost every province and city in China.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hedge said:

As of 6 hours ago:

Tomorrow or the next day, the official number of infections will exceed the 2003 SARS outbreak (where ~8,100 were infected and just under 800 died).

The mortality rate is still unknown, and no telling how many of those 1,200+ are in critical condition. So far, the official number that have "recovered" is around 110, less than those who have succumbed to it.

image.thumb.png.114713dc8ad16eb20081946c9c90e9ee.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like China needs to fill out this report

522975ce902550edefa5351156d1f0fc.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

lolllllll make some copies for everyone who watched Don Lemon and Rick Wilson the other night

On it.  What should I do with the leftover paper?  I have a package with 200 sheets so there should be about 150 left if the copier doesn't jam.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gary Busey said:

I dunno I read here it's going to be a major factor in the outcome of the election akin the HilDog's deplorable comment

Are you under the impression that HIllary's 'deplorable' comment DIDN'T play a role in her loss?

Are you equally under the impression that no one really cares about the Don Lemon moment?

• Haha (+1) 1