The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

45 minutes ago, GG said:

Part of the 3 Cs - Climate.  The warmer & more humid, the lower the spread.  

I'm praying for a return of the 80 degree April we had here not too long ago.

Have you seen any studies that strongly support this hypothesis?  Fauci has said this many times that this is virus is most likely seasonal but then you'd expect a complete slowdown of the virus in the southern European states and in Japan in the month of April

Edited by meazza

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Did he take it?  All I kept hearing yesterday was reports about his condition worsening and every time I'd yell at the TV "did they put him on HCQ and zinc?"

•••sits back, takes glasses off and slowly fixes gaze on Doc•••

"And this television, Doc.  It heard you? You think you saved Boris, right?  How does that make you feel?"

54 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Warm buffets can be a real danger zone. Rice in particular. It can have bacillus Cereus. https://www.livescience.com/65374-bacillus-cereus-fried-rice-syndrome.html
Many people thought they were sick from MSG. Not so. Improperly stored and heated rice was likely the culprit. 

JESUS CHRIST WITH STRIPES WILL YOU PEOPLE STEAL EVERYTHING FROM ME??

I used to love nothing more than driving my gas-guzzling SUV to a buffet, sitting within 2' of my friends  and munching on plates of warm rice and finger foods before whistling at the pretty girls on the way home to watch Deniro in "Goodfellas".

Somebody better fix this sh#t!  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

My biggest concern too. And we can't have a state-by-state plan where NYS opens fully and PA stays shut down because that just messes up PA. It has to be centrally managed and agreed to. The crowd here hates talk of a national plan, so let's just say the all the governors cede their decisions on this to a central power to organize them coming out of this. Whatever you want to call it. It just cannot be state by state. 

This is an excellent point. 

57 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

I want to live in this world where you don't have to show up to work if you don't want to.  It sounds like an Andrew Yang utopia.

It will happen. I guarantee it.  Specially with these beefed up unemployment benefits

Trump: (paraphrasing) Eliminating bureaucratic problems so we can make ventilators now, and in the future.

300M facemasks will be delivered in May (to use or stockpile, 500M total).

750K new protective gowns.

National stockpile has 30M hydroxychloroquine pills (which they are sending out).

Azithromycin and Zinc is being added to the stockpile.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's taking on WHO right now.

He's going on as to how much the US gives to WHO vs how much China gives to the WHO. And WHO needs to make sure all countries are treated properly. They are investigating now.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, GG said:

Part of the 3 Cs - Climate.  The warmer & more humid, the lower the spread.  

I'm praying for a return of the 80 degree April we had here not too long ago.

From what I understand the virus itself is encapsulated and protected in a fat like substance and the warmer weather helps that fat naturally melt away. While the warmer weather is not a panacea it reduces the time necessary to naturally kill the virus. It won't change the dynamics of a person coughing in the face of another but it will reduce the time the virus is contagious on the grocery belt. 

Q: What has to happen to reopen the country?

A: We have to be on the downside of the slope. Can do it in phases. It would be nice to do it with a big bang. Sooner rather than later. Sitting down with experts soon.  (This is all paraphrased)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4