The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Then a valid question for Trump to ask him

Or, the media to cover as they rush to his coronation.

Thanks for this link btw, got through about 15 pages.  Horrible place to be, to have to put guidelines in place consider who lives and who dies. Some odd stuff in there, but really appreciate the link. 

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ventilators do not cure this virus. Almost everyone on a ventilator DIES! 

I know, I've heard this, specifically from Cuomo. Ventilators are a death sentence. So, his daily requests for more ventilators are only because he wants to kill more people? Maybe if we threw all the ventilators away we could stop this virus in its tracks! (-

Edited by 3rdnlng

45 minutes ago, GG said:

You're missing a very important entry from March 9, when a certain mayor didn't want to cancel St Patrick's Parade, and NYS case count was about 150.

https://www.silive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/mayor-says-nyc-has-no-plans-to-cancel-st-patricks-day-parade-as-ireland-cancels-dublins-parade-amid-coronavirus-fears.html

"The mayor emphasized Monday that the coronavirus is not a disease people can contract simply by being in a large open space."

But that’s ok. He gets a pass because he’s a Democrat for some reason. Trump ***** up for downplaying this and Cuomo is now moved up to possibly be the Democrat nominee.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I tried to do a little research , now I'm really depressed. 

Ventilators Are No Panacea For Critically Ill COVID-19 Patients

Most coronavirus patients who end up on ventilators go on to die, according to several small studies from the U.S., China and Europe.

The largest study so far to look at mortality among coronavirus patients on ventilators was done by the Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre in London. It found that among 98 ventilated patients in the U.K., just 33 were discharged alive.

Also, the coronavirus often does a lot more damage to a person's lungs than pneumonia associated with the flu. "There is fluid and other toxic chemicals, cytokines we call them, raging throughout the lung tissue," she says.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/02/826105278/ventilators-are-no-panacea-for-critically-ill-covid-19-patients

16 hours ago, Q-baby! said:

Interesting. ***** you guys are ball lickers

15 hours ago, Q-baby! said:

Yeah, probably should have just said ball lickers

15 hours ago, Q-baby! said:

One who licks balls. 

14 hours ago, Q-baby! said:

One who, no matter what Trump does, believes he did right, even when he is wrong. Blind faith.  
That is a ball licker.

13 hours ago, Q-baby! said:

I don’t care what ball lickers think of me. 

12 hours ago, Q-baby! said:

You are one of the ball lickers obviously. 

Glad you are ok with that! Ball licker for sure! 

You know, the interesting thing about repressed sexual urges, is that they always find a way to manifest themselves. The fact that yours are manifesting through projection of them onto others is probably a good thing, speaking strictly from a psychological perspective, as it lessens the likelihood of you attacking unsuspecting strangers and acting them out. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You know, the interesting thing about repressed sexual urges, is that they always find a way to manifest themselves. The fact that yours are manifesting through projection of them onto others is probably a good thing, speaking strictly from a psychological perspective, as it lessens the likelihood of you attacking unsuspecting strangers and acting them out. 

Look at that posting schedule, every hour on the hour he thinks about licking balls. Maybe that's his new defense, stop that or I'll lick your balls!

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I know, I've heard this, specifically from Cuomo. Ventilators are a death sentence. So, his daily requests for more ventilators are only because he wants to kill more people? Maybe if we threw all the ventilators away we could stop this virus in its tracks! (-

I’m guessing you think that’s funny in some way. My point is that ventilators help people in their final hours and days but they are not intended as a cure. They do nothing to combat the infection. I’ve read that close to 90% of those on ventilators ultimately die in the hospital. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m guessing you think that’s funny in some way. My point is that ventilators help people in their final hours and days but they are not intended as a cure. They do nothing to combat the infection. I’ve read that close to 90% of those on ventilators ultimately die in the hospital. 

It was tongue-in-cheek. Just a few posts back Alph claimed that slightly more than a third of the people put on ventilators survive and go home. It seems like every day we get some report that a new response is showing promise. Maybe giving some patients who are on a ventilator a cocktail consisting of Hydroxychloroquine and zinc along with another ingredient or two will be what gets that mortality rate down to 1/2 or 2/3? Maybe it'll be something else. We will learn a lot and get through this though. 

53 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I wouldn’t go that far but I find it fascinating to look back and see how we entered into a period in which Clinton, Bush, Obama, etc all promoted the idea that if we just started showing the Communist Chinese what a color TV looked like that they’d turn into a billion new little capitalists and we’d all live happily ever after. It didn’t work! The Communist government is as strong as ever but with way more money and thus influence over international organizations like the UN and it appears the WHO. Yet another failed nation building attempt brought to you by our friends in The DC Swamp! 

I would. I'd limit entry to this country for people from civilized countries. You know, where they don't eat bats or like to blow themselves up.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It was tongue-in-cheek. Just a few posts back Alph claimed that slightly more than a third of the people put on ventilators survive and go home. It seems like every day we get some report that a new response is showing promise. Maybe giving some patients who are on a ventilator a cocktail consisting of Hydroxychloroquine and zinc along with another ingredient or two will be what gets that mortality rate down to 1/2 or 2/3? Maybe it'll be something else. We will learn a lot and get through this though. 

Agreed. The key to all of this will be getting to an effective treatment that attacks the virus. Until then we’re really just playing modern health care’s version a prevent defense. It doesn’t work all that well in either football or pandemics. 

U.S. May Get More Ventilators But Run Out Of Medicine For COVID-19 Patients

This week, Vizient released data showing dramatic spikes in demand for sedatives, pain medications, paralytics, and other drugs that are crucial for patients who are on ventilators. According to Vizient's study, the rate at which those orders are filled is lagging far behind the demand.

One complicating factor: "Injectable drugs take a long time to make," Kistner says. "For instance, there's a 21-day sterility period needed for all injectable drugs. So it's not something simple that you can do overnight."

For a patient in acute respiratory distress, being put on a ventilator can be life-saving. It's also really unpleasant.

"It is deeply uncomfortable," says Dr. Alix Morse, a pulmonary and critical care physician at Sturdy Memorial Hospital in Attleboro, Mass.

Without those medications, Morse says, "Most people will reach for the [breathing] tube and try to grab it and pull it out. They may fight against having it in their mouth. And if they're working against a breathing machine it can actually damage their lungs."

"Most of drug manufacturing is on a just-in-time schedule," Fox says. "It's pretty rare for companies to have more than a three-month supply, six-month supply on hand. And with the [COVID-19] surge, we are going to just burn through that at an incredible rate. A three-month supply could go in a week."

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/apr/04/us-may-get-more-ventilators-but-run-out-of/

Just when I thought this virus couldn't scare me further I read this. 

10 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Sorry for seriious. Heard maybe lyme from ticks. Still sucks. But not for sure it is possibility But for sure ticks are out have to be careful with them. A week ago someone got lyme from a tick..... They suck badly. There already out. But i'll keep everyone up to date.

I hope she recovers quickly and completely.

My uncle had to have the Lyme treatment last year. He's over 65. He's fine now.  (anecdotal, but the treatment works)

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

...yet Big Fredo is demanding 30,000.......AND his approval rating is soaring........we in Upstate already know that we do NOT matter, but now the rest of the US should forget their own and cave to his grossly unprepared ineptitude?......4th term IS A LOCK....SMH................

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Then a valid question for Trump to ask him

Watching the pressers, Trump has made mention of how some states were unprepared. He has mentioned that NYS had the opportunity to buy ventilators in 2015. He has qualified it several times with something like (paraphrased) I understand why not since we have never seen anything like this, but he has brought it up more than once.

For the most part, Trump has mentioned that we need to come together and stop playing politics. He has mentioned the good of the CA (Gavin Newsom) and WA (Jay Inslee) governors.   He even mentioned yesterday that Mayor de Blasio was appreciative of what the feds have done for NYC.

One day he praises Cuomo, and then Cuomo says something *****, the next day he isn't praising Cuomo. Makes me wonder what type of personal relationship these two had before Trump was elected (or if it all comes down to Cuomo playing games with Trump's NYS taxes?)

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Narcissistic??? That's seriously all you got on Trump at this point?

He's an incompetent moron... and every time you post like this, I legitimately do question more and more just what your motivations might be

so, your logic is based upon a rag that has had it in for Trump since before day one. uses 'unnamed sources' for much of it's conjecture, of which a good many are from, and i use this term lightly, the intelligence community. of whom has also been trying to commit a soft coup of the highest office in the land, that has been found to be corrupt beyond any semblance of any definition of corruption. 

i do believe your critical thinking skills are in need of a severe overhaul. get out of that echo chamber you reside in.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1