The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

WTF?? I am I missing something? Perhaps there is a good reason. If so, and if anyone out there knows what it is, please share.

I have been told that, the idea is they don't want you "shopping".

Just get in and get out.

I would question "Who decided what was unessential" ?

You are already IN the store, why can't you pick up an item that YOU need ?

And mostly...........where the hell do they get the authority for this selective decision of what stores can live and what will be killed by the quarantine ?

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Just get in and get out.

And mostly...........where the hell do they get the authority for this selective decision of what stores can live and what will be killed by the quarantine ?

I'm heading to Home Depot shortly to get some ceiling paint.

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

WTF?? I am I missing something? Perhaps there is a good reason. If so, and if anyone out there knows what it is, please share.

It's stupidity like this that makes common sense rules fly out the window, because all recommendations by gov't & health officials will be eyed with suspicion.  

• Like (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Just get in and get out.

my response would be... what is more essential than seeds?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GG said:

It's stupidity like this that makes common sense rules fly out the window, because all recommendations by gov't & health officials will be eyed with suspicion.  

People are absolutely correct to not trust the bureaucratic establishment and "experts."

The past three years should have made that plain to anyone with a functioning brain.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

What hysteria?  

If there are a few acknowledged cases, that means that there's a lot more in the area that aren't acknowledged.  Preventing the spread is the best case scenario at this point, and wearing masks is a proven method.  

Exactly, not sure how this isn’t obvious. We had less than 24 3 weeks ago and we now have close to 7000 today.

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Historical analogy. At the Battle of Antietam, General Lee possessed the interior lines of defense and was able to allocate resources (troops, cannon) to the points where Gen. McClellan was attacking. Lee had fewer troops, but he was able to survive because he could put the troops where they needed to be and let the areas of the field that were not under attack be relatively undefended. Cuomo and the country need to do the same thing with ventilators 

A better analogy would be if Lee took the resources to where McClellan was attacking, but directed McClellan’s troops to the defenseless areas, and then told the ill equipped troops that he won’t give them their troops and canons back, but he’ll give them cash instead.

36 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

As long as there is a Republican in the WH to piss and moan about, few people are going to go after DeBlazio. Especially out of NYC. The left in America is not interested in accountability, and never has been. They're about destroying opposition through blame and fear.

• Like (+1) 3

Went to Walmart yesterday to get meds for my MIL and look for TP and isopropyl alcohol (got some 95% grain alcohol the day before just in case).  They had plexiglass at the pharmacy and were beginning to install them at the cashier stations.  And the first spot in the parking lot rows flanking the handicapped spaces were reserved for law enforcement.

As for Trump wearing a mask, everyone who comes in contact with him will get tested.  He's not in the same situation as everyone else.  This should be obvious to most.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Thanks for sharing. The timeline of all of this shows a colossal failure of government (well deserved or not). The biggest stunner for me was watching the tapes of the now sainted Dr Fauci playing down any and all concerns just days before we shut it all down!  Now the media wants to blame Trump for not listening to the ‘scientists’ when Fauci was CLEARLY telling him not to worry. Fauci has been late to the game every step of the way (again not necessarily his fault....but).

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for sharing. The timeline of all of this shows a colossal failure of government (well deserved or not). The biggest stunner for me was watching the tapes of the now sainted Dr Fauci playing down any and all concerns just days before we shut it all down!  Now the media wants to blame Trump for not listening to the ‘scientists’ when Fauci was CLEARLY telling him not to worry. Fauci has been late to the game every step of the way (again not necessarily his fault....but).

Many people took this too lightly and no one should be faulted (aside from china).  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

If you’re keeping score at home, here’s another take to add to the pile of defenses of China as the coronavirus pandemic continues:

The sort of hard hitting, insightful journalism that is produced when the CCP covers your payroll

Same people who think wet markets are good will shut down lemonade stands and grandma selling baked goods at a farmers market.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Foxx said:

my response would be... what is more essential than seeds?

Vermont is a 3b-5b hardiness zone. You'd need to start the seeds now (6-8 weeks) if you want them ready to plant by May 15th or May 30th, especially for longer growing plants.  ?‍♂️ Banning the sale of seeds is :blink:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

If you’re keeping score at home, here’s another take to add to the pile of defenses of China as the coronavirus pandemic continues:

The sort of hard hitting, insightful journalism that is produced when the CCP covers your payroll

Same people who think wet markets are good will shut down lemonade stands and grandma selling baked goods at a farmers market.

I saw that headline on Yahoo!  Pathetic.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Published by Bloomberg. Ignore.

2 hours ago, GG said:

What hysteria?  

If there are a few acknowledged cases, that means that there's a lot more in the area that aren't acknowledged.  Preventing the spread is the best case scenario at this point, and wearing masks is a proven method.  

Remember this. My mask protects you. Your mask protects me. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

In Vermont you can only sell what the state approves........

EUmt96_WoAA2Njq?format=jpg&name=medium

WTF! How well thought out is this? When mosquito season is on us, don’t they think that some of this Wuhan virus will be transmitted by them to other humans? That idiocy is brought to us by the paper and plastic grocery bag banning know-it-alls. 

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, meazza said:

Many people took this too lightly and no one should be faulted (aside from china).  

Exactly. If you are running around blaming anyone other than China for this mess, then you are doing so for your own selfish reasons.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Give em an appearance ticket. They won’t be subject to the racism of bail anymore, so they’re free to go commit more crimes and be a scourge on society. NY state “ making life fair for all”....except for victims of crime. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1