The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, GG said:

Eliminate the handshakes and group hugs, and you're half way there.   Note the cultures that aren't huggy feely are doing better.

I agree.  I'm assuming that most leaders including the Orange man in chief is prepping for the worst case scenario but that will be the new normal.

45 minutes ago, Foxx said:

oh boy... one step closer to UBI. you just know the other Dem states are going to follow suit.

Gov. Whitmer expands unemployment benefits to self-employed, independent contractors and more

LANSING, Mich. (WXYZ) — Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announced new programs for workers affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.

Under the federal CARES Act, Whitmer signed an agreement to implement Pandemic Unemployment Assistance and Compensation programs that give benefits to those who don't qualify for state unemployment benefits.

Those include self-employed, 1099-independent contractors, gig and low-wage workers.

The agreement also increases weekly benefits for all unemployed workers by $600 a week for up to six months and extends benefit payments from 26 to 39 weeks. ...

They’re all using this as an excuse to get nearer to liberal utopia. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Actually, the 1st time it is mentioned the article says 6 months, but uses 4 months the 2nd time it is mentioned.

I just caught that which is why I deleted my post.  The beauty of the federal government is they don't have to balance their budget.  The $600 is only good for four months which is still a little overly generous in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Sending $100,000,000 worth of extra things to Italy

Genius

Italy is in a huge crisis as well and given the data they are providing the world, it's the least some countries can do.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, GG said:

Eliminate the handshakes and group hugs, and you're half way there.   Note the cultures that aren't huggy feely are doing better.

We're doomed.

maxresdefault.jpg

Although Russia is starting to get hit pretty hard.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I believe the "cure" (such as it is) will be far worse than the disease.  We are all going to get it unless there is a vaccine soon. That means we will all die {insert hair on fire gif} or develop immunity.  ?‍♂️  While I understand the thoughts behind why the economy was crashed, I am not onboard with closing down the country's economy with the current knowledge available to the general citizenry. I am certain that makes me a bad person.  :rolleyes:

The people most at risk may have wanted to hunker down (and yes, I know young people have contracted this... just like XX and YY have contracted every contagious disease known to man since the beginning of time), but to kill the economy? To discount future suicides? Mental depression? I donno. I am just glad I am not the one making the call.

What does give me pause in my personal assessment, is what if we are not being told the rest of the story? That ¾ of the countries in this world (give or take a few) have closed their borders to other countries, makes me wonder what haven't TPTB told us?  (And, considering the ridiculous toilet paper buying, maybe they were right to withhold information?)

This is my thoughts. At what point do we actually believe we have stopped it? We flatten the curve, and then what? Unless it dies off on its own, or we kill it, it seems like it’ll just come back?

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Bill Gates thanks you.

(hard pass on any vaccine they try to shove down our throats with limited to no testing)

Amen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1