The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What are you doing to help?

You mean other than maintaining the payroll of five people who sit in their homes watching Netflix so they can keep their home and health insurance? You mean other than buying groceries here for people who can't leave their house? You mean other than joining local groups to buy from local businesses and restaurants?

My point is to do more and blame less. You far-left chuckleheads are so deranged over Trump that you find it necessary to pop in here to write some childish crap like "Just checking in to make sure everyone I don't agree with are still here!" before spewing repeatedly untrue nonsense about Trump gutting the panademic team.

You have one purpose here: point and blame. It's embarrassing to read against a backdrop of other people here talking about what is going on and how to address it.

Turn off the PC and try harder.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You mean other than maintaining the payroll of five people who sit in their homes watching Netflix so they can keep their home and health insurance? You mean other than buying groceries here for people who can't leave their house? You mean other than joining local groups to buy from local businesses and restaurants?

My point is to do more and blame less. You far-left chuckleheads are so deranged over Trump that you find it necessary to pop in here to write some childish crap like "Just checking in to make sure everyone I don't agree with are still here!" before spewing repeatedly untrue nonsense about Trump gutting the panademic team.

You have one purpose here: point and blame. It's embarrassing to read against a backdrop of other people here talking about what is going on and how to address it.

Turn off the PC and try harder.

Turn off the PC says the guy who spends exponentially more time in this forum than I do. 

giphy.gif

You can't make this stuff up...

But I think I will take your advice and "turn off the PC."

Have a nice day and stay safe and healthy! :beer:

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Then you haven't been reading.

The biggest problem isn't what Trump is doing NOW... though he really could go a step further and finally just order a national shelter in place order for 2 weeks.

He hasn't done that.

He should also just finally actually invoke the Defense Production Act officially and use the power of the Presidency to manufacture much needed medical supplies. He complains about "not being a shipping clerk," but he could really take charge and make stuff happen.

But no, my biggest problem is how he totally screwed up in the beginning with the testing and before the beginning by getting rid of the Pandemic preparedness team simply because his ego can't stand having something from Obama's legacy he just can't handle.

Oh, and those pointing to polls, overall, I would say Trump has been doing a lot better over the last few weeks. I don't approve, but I certainly think the moment has forced him to rise above the sewer system he's dwelled in for so long. 

Just because I feel better about how he's handled things over the last few weeks doesn't mean I forgot everything else.

Another lie.

1. Trump Shut Down the CDC’s Pandemic Department!

Do I even need to point out how virulent and widespread this talking point has been?

Sigh:

No, the White House didn’t ‘dissolve’ its pandemic response office. I was there.

It has been alleged by multiple officials of the Obama administration, including in The Post, that the president and his then-national security adviser, John Bolton, “dissolved the office” at the White House in charge of pandemic preparedness. Because I led the very directorate assigned that mission, the counterproliferation and biodefense office, for a year and then handed it off to another official who still holds the post, I know the charge is specious.

It is true that the Trump administration has seen fit to shrink the NSC staff. But the bloat that occurred under the previous administration clearly needed a correction. Defense Secretary Robert Gates, congressional oversight committees and members of the Obama administration itself all agreed the NSC was too large and too operationally focused (a departure from its traditional role coordinating executive branch activity). As The Post reported in 2015, from the Clinton administration to the Obama administration’s second term, the NSC’s staff “had quadrupled in size, to nearly 400 people.” That is why Trump began streamlining the NSC staff in 2017.

The reduction of force in the NSC has continued since I departed the White House. But it has left the biodefense staff unaffected[.]

It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled.

In other words, it wasn’t dissolved, it was streamlined.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Turn off the PC says the guy who spends exponentially more time in this forum than I do. 

giphy.gif

You're an #######. Seriously. I'd say "try harder" but you need to start with trying at all. Jerk.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

giphy.gif

Good job. True addition by subtraction. Stay safe, and maybe take an online course on how to exercise independent thought so you don't waste more time posting stuff that has been repeatedly disproven!

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

giphy.gif

He took you to church sir, because when you asked him what he personally was doing....he answered. 

The appropriate response to that crazy Northwestern Boise Boy Idahoan would be:  "That's awesome and the world would be a better place if everyone tried to pitch in like that. 

(You could also ask him why when I read his posts, it sounds in my head like he would look like Tim Graham.  It's odd.) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Hoping like heck that there is more nuance to this than 140 characters allow.

Because if some twit in a position of authority & credibility really is recommending that people leaving the largest concentration of corona virus in the country not to self quarantine upon leaving, he is setting people up to unwittingly kill their new neighbors.

Trump should put a dome over NYC like they did in the Simpson's movie.

simpsons-dome.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

With the finalized "STIMULUS BILL" being finalized  (I guess)

this post got lost in the Busy/ Trans back and forth, but I think that it is important enough to repeat.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

AMEN.

Some money will be wasted..............it's what government does, but don't hand over our power to vote.

• Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is the same affiliate who is not only in one of the country's hot zones, but also spent most of yesterday pushing the fake news story about the AZ man dying from ingesting fish tank cleaner (while leaving out the whole "he ingested fish tank cleaner). 

TDS is worse than the 'Rona. 

Plenty of asswipes to be found if we run out of TP...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

The trends for the rest of this week will be huge to see the direction of the spread.

Friday marks the 2-week anniversary of NY getting more serious, as March 13 was the last day where NYC was still fully open for business & contact (even though many people started staying away midweek)

It's logical that NY cases grew at a high rate leading up to this week (New Rochelle patient was diagnosed in early March), and if you subscribe to Leavitt's prognostication, the rates should start falling after Saturday.  The absolute numbers should still be high given the base, but growth should slow as well as the death rate.

Keeping fingers crossed.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Plenty of asswipes to be found if we run out of TP...

I was struggling to find TP. Found out I can order it from washingtonpost. com and they'll deliver it weekly! 

1 year for $29! Must be on special because TP is so hard to find right now!

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, GG said:

The trends for the rest of this week will be huge to see the direction of the spread.

Friday marks the 2-week anniversary of NY getting more serious, as March 13 was the last day where NYC was still fully open for business & contact (even though many people started staying away midweek)

It's logical that NY cases grew at a high rate leading up to this week (New Rochelle patient was diagnosed in early March), and if you subscribe to Leavitt's prognostication, the rates should start falling after Saturday.  The absolute numbers should still be high given the base, but growth should slow as well as the death rate.

Keeping fingers crossed.

It took a while for Italy's stats to start dropping and I'm not certain (you could confirm) that the measures were nearly as strict as in Italy.  

We just hit 1300 cases here and we've been shutdown for close to 10 days.