The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're still struggling to understand Federalism, aren't you?

Yo....so if we are attacked....its every state for itself? 

I know its hard not to be a tard...but try

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/breaking_news/article-8147765/Greta-Thunberg-says-coronavirus-isolating-father.html

Trump just said that the hope (not plan, hope) is to have everything open by Easter. 

When are you going to concede - or at least understand - that DT simply says what it takes to get to the next news cycle

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TH3 said:

Yo....so if we are attacked....its every state for itself? 

I know its hard not to be a tard...but try

Takes big balls to make a statement like this after you got duped by the most obvious fake news of the week just a few hours ago ;) 

Once again you prove that you're a ridiculous person. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Show of hands, and don't nobody lie:

Who hasn't mixed a little chlorox into their Gin and T yet?  CHLOROquine....CHLOROx?  With that many letters in common, it's gotta be the same thing.

If DT had not touted it as a cure....they would not have done it

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

If DT had not touted it as a cure....they would not have done it

Wrong. He never said Fish Tank Cleaner once. Ever. 

But you know who did? 

The media. For days. 

You're wrong on every count here. You got duped. Because you WANTED it to be true. Because your brain is broken.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

NYC cases expected to peak in 2 weeks per Cuomo. Buffalo is a couple of weeks behind NYC.

And Erie still can't test adequately.  Way behind.  

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert here, and I'm not sharing to prove any sort of point. I'm tracking daily case data via worldometer because it interests me. I have overlayed the data since 2/15 for Italy, Spain, Canada, and the US. I also charted the same data, but with total cases divided by population. Mostly posting in case anyone else finds it interesting. Both charts have an exponential best fit line for each data set with equation and r^2 values displayed. Italy is green, Spain is yellow, Canada is red, US is blue.

S6In2IR.jpg

4KKVJ14.jpg

Interestingly, despite the 'lag' between Italy and the US, both had ~1 case/50k population on 2/15.

Cool stuff. What did you use for that. Excel?

So the growth rates are found from e^#?

Seems you can conclude the US is (so far) on the worst growth path trajectory, no?

The government is going to have to balance deaths from the virus vs. deaths from the rioting/looting/fires that are going to break out if you lock down the country for weeks on end with no money and nothing to do.

Battling the virus is bad enough - imagine trying to do it with Baltimore, Los Angeles and Philadelphia all on fire and out of control too.  There aren't enough police, national guard and military to handle that crisis on top of the health crisis.  

You add on top all the nutbag militas and groups out there itching for an opportunity too and you have quite a powder keg of problems.  

Trump isn't 100% wrong about not wanting to do a lock down for months.  You'll have cities on fire in weeks, not months if things continue.  

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'm confident you're not this dumb, but only because the threshold is so low. It's slightly above drinking any specialty household cleaner. 

The packages have large lettering and red stickers that say "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION."  But, #OrangeManBad

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TPS said:

Cool stuff. What did you use for that. Excel?

So the growth rates are found from e^#?

Seems you can conclude the US is (so far) on the worst growth path trajectory, no?

Started in excel, moved to Google sheets so I could access from work, home, or phone. The growth rate would be the e^#, yes, which is why it's consistent from country to country on each chart. I actually started tracking it to get the equation so I could check the daily cases vs the model to get a gauge on whether a given day was good or bad. The reason we're further out on our curve is the multiplier, and I'd imagine that has to do with preventative measures like the January travel ban, but there are just so many variables. What's concerning is that our 38th day number exceeds the prediction, while Italy and Spain are below it.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The packages have large lettering and red stickers that say "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION."  But, #OrangeManBad

It's like piping nitrous oxide through a breather because ya know the air has oxygen and nitrogen in it after all.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Started in excel, moved to Google sheets so I could access from work, home, or phone. The growth rate would be the e^#, yes, which is why it's consistent from country to country on each chart. I actually started tracking it to get the equation so I could check the daily cases vs the model to get a gauge on whether a given day was good or bad. The reason we're further out on our curve is the multiplier, and I'd imagine that has to do with preventative measures like the January travel ban, but there are just so many variables. What's concerning is that our 38th day number exceeds the prediction, while Italy and Spain are below it.

Some of the models I’ve seen start when the country had roughly its 100th case. I’m sure you played around with it. Good fits for sure. 

Other things I’ve seen are trying to predict the turning point by using dates when lockdowns happened, Using China’s data for example. Thanks for sharing. 

10 minutes ago, TPS said:

Some of the models I’ve seen start when the country had roughly its 100th case. I’m sure you played around with it. Good fits for sure. 

Other things I’ve seen are trying to predict the turning point by using dates when lockdowns happened, Using China’s data for example. Thanks for sharing. 

Worldometers data starts on 2/15. If the cases were 0 I'd skip it, but there have been cases so I figure it's valid. When cases on 2/15 were factored into population its pretty similar values across the board actually. I guess for China I'd have to do a polynomial regression? I suppose I could 

Double checking my notes, we were at 31.7% yesterday and with current numbers we're up to 34%, so not a good day...

Edited by BuffaloHokie13