The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

My daughter had a baby over the weekend. The baby was a few days late so they’d scheduled her to be induced on Monday, but our granddaughter actually came naturally on Sunday night. Now because the birth was going to be ‘schedule’ the mother was required to get a Covid test on Saturday. Interestingly, our son-in-law, who was allowed to be with her during the delivery wasn’t required to be tested. You cannot tell me the reason for the test wasn’t because the hospital wanted to see if they could get some federal reimbursement for the procedure if they could claim she was a Covid patient. (FYI: It all went great and everyone is home.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

14 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The good doctor's NIH was funding secret "gain of function" virus research at the suspected Wuhan lab.  Genetic research that is banned from being conducted on US soil.  Because it is deemed too dangerous.  Research on viruses such as Coronavirus.  Connect the dots here between his consistently wrong advice and his connection to the lab.  My conclusion.. he's working hard to cover his ass and mislead while also covering for China's complicity in the virus escaping containment as a result of poorly defined and run safety protocols.    

It goes even deeper than that I suspect.  I agree with  you - I think there is billowing smoke that the coronavirus was the result of a lab accident where they were playing with spike proteins as delivery systems.     I've always found it ironic that Americans "trust" Fauci like he's a pillar of truth and honesty despite being clearly quite compromised because he's eyeballs deep in the research.

I think SARS was also the result of a lab leak but it didn't get much scrutiny because it was largely contained to Asia and the world dodged a bullet it didn't' dodge with COVID.  That accident is what initially freaked out governments about the GOF research.  It's why you had the fundamental research into this vaccine tech already underway.  There are a lot of monied interests (academia, NGOs) that have every incentive to keep the lid on their research.   One, it'd show the world that the research isn't being safely conducted and secondly,there's a lot more dangerous research being conducted by the same incompetent, careless people and same labs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

The halt to all Johnson & Johnson distribution due to the blood clotting should do wonders for people who were on the fence  about getting vaccinated.

That's why the absoluteness  of the "safe and effective" message has been counterproductive. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

The halt to all Johnson & Johnson distribution due to the blood clotting should do wonders for people who were on the fence  about getting vaccinated.

I really have no sympathy for the people who have been falling for this corona grift. 

The reply wants you to think Jordan is wrong because Texas is sane.   

As you just heard in Erie County, NYS is not.  

This @karn Bot is proving his point.  

This is political theater always has been.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Because @DrDawkinstein asked but thread was locked before more logic and data were posted.  Plus I couldn't respond to him telling me to "take a break."

310,000 of the 560,000 deaths are over 75.

I'm not a math guy.  What is that like 65%?

Roughly 465,000 of the 560,000 deaths are over age 65. 

Again I'm not a math guy.  What percentage is that?  Over 85%?  

250 are under age 18.  What's that percentage?  Is it the same as swine flu?  

And roughly 20,000 are under 40.  Total.  In 14 months.  Was that the same as swine flu?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

Guess what?  It's a serious virus. 

But the math says the mitigation is the most egregious overreaction in human history.  And to think you're going to eradicate an aerosolized highly contagious virus that is fully global is some real I really need to take a break from CNN type nonsense.  

Here is what we should try:  Shelter in place till you get vaccinated.  Everyone else live your freaking life. 

Let me guess?  Long term side effects we don't know!!!   

Yes correct you'll also be studying those for DECADES.  

You know it's funny.  We're so hysterical and irrational right now that the CDC and Fauci are Gospel.  Of course why shouldn't they be they told you to take the J and J vax.  We need to listen to these experts!

Except when it comes to proper protocols for studying vaccines and mandating people including kids under 16 get them. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

My daughter had a baby over the weekend. The baby was a few days late so they’d scheduled her to be induced on Monday, but our granddaughter actually came naturally on Sunday night. Now because the birth was going to be ‘schedule’ the mother was required to get a Covid test on Saturday. Interestingly, our son-in-law, who was allowed to be with her during the delivery wasn’t required to be tested. You cannot tell me the reason for the test wasn’t because the hospital wanted to see if they could get some federal reimbursement for the procedure if they could claim she was a Covid patient. (FYI: It all went great and everyone is home.)

Deek, missed this earlier. Congrats and God Bless your daughter and her family.  Awesome news!

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Because @DrDawkinstein asked but thread was locked before more logic and data were posted.  Plus I couldn't respond to him telling me to "take a break.

Oh sure, drag me down to this ***** hole, where all your bad ideas look halfway decent compared to the other garbage being kicked around :thumbsup:

Thanks for the stats. Yeah, COVID affects older people more. No duh. We all know that.

What I was challenging was @Boxcar's assertion that, and I quote, "the average age of someone who dies from Covid is over 80 years. The average life expectancy is a little over 78 years."

Now it will seem I'm splitting hairs, but he uses that stat to prop up his other assertion that the average life expectancy is less than the average COVID victim, and uses those assertions to conclude that we shouldnt worry about COVID. So the details are important.

What he is saying in the bold is that if you added up all the ages of all the people who died from COVID, and divided by total deaths, the age would be over 80 years old.

Using your statista.com link, and using ages at the high end of every age bracket (giving you and Boxcar an advantage), it averages out to 74. And again, that is giving YOU the benefit of the doubt and using only higher ages. So the true average is likely more around 70.

Still old? Sure. But far from "over 80", and well under the normal life expectancy. So refuting his assertions.

Details, accuracy, facts... All these things matter far more than how you guys want to feel about it.

In all seriousness tho, even though we greatly disagree, good chat in the main page thread. We almost kept it on the rails there in the beginning, but then it took the usual life of its own. Oh well.

edit: @Boxcar, one other note, the ft.com link you posted in the original thread has a hard paywall. No idea what it says or what you were trying to link. But I imagine I covered most of it above anyways.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Oh sure, drag me down to this ***** hole, where all your bad ideas look halfway decent compared to the other garbage being kicked around :thumbsup:

Thanks for the stats. Yeah, COVID affects older people more. No duh. We all know that.

What I was challenging was @Boxcar's assertion that, and I quote, "the average age of someone who dies from Covid is over 80 years. The average life expectancy is a little over 78 years."

Now it will seem I'm splitting hairs, but he uses that stat to prop up his other assertion that the average life expectancy is less than the average COVID victim, and uses those assertions to conclude that we shouldnt worry about COVID. So the details are important.

What he is saying in the bold is that if you added up all the ages of all the people who died from COVID, and divided by total deaths, the age would be over 80 years old.

Using your statista.com link, and using ages at the high end of every age bracket (giving you and Boxcar an advantage), it averages out to 74. And again, that is giving YOU the benefit of the doubt and using only higher ages. So the true average is likely more around 70.

Still old? Sure. But far from "over 80", and well under the normal life expectancy. So refuting his assertions.

Details, accuracy, facts... All these things matter far more than how you guys want to feel about it.

In all seriousness tho, even though we greatly disagree, good chat in the main page thread. We almost kept it on the rails there in the beginning, but then it took the usual life of its own. Oh well.

edit: @Boxcar, one other note, the ft.com link you posted in the original thread has a hard paywall. No idea what it says or what you were trying to link. But I imagine I covered most of it above anyways.

Don't strawman me. I didn't say we shouldn't worry about it, I said the response was a massive overreaction. The numbers I got were from Britain because I had trouble finding them for the US, but I forgot that Covid has a more drastic effect on obese people. The point is that the vast majority of people who die within what is it, 28 days? of a positive test are near the end of their life expectancy. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/547694-hawaii-to-rollout-vaccine-passport-program-by-summer

DO YOU HAFF YOUR PAPERS? 

Hawaii to roll out ‘vaccine passport’ program by summer. 

“The vaccine passport program is seen by tourism officials as a way to speed up the state’s recovery, Forbes notes.”

I’m guessing it will have the opposite effect.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/547694-hawaii-to-rollout-vaccine-passport-program-by-summer

DO YOU HAFF YOUR PAPERS? 

Hawaii to roll out ‘vaccine passport’ program by summer. 

“The vaccine passport program is seen by tourism officials as a way to speed up the state’s recovery, Forbes notes.”

I’m guessing it will have the opposite effect.

I don't assume they meant their Economic Recovery.   I'm a Caribbean guy anyway.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Folks must have their brains in a pretzel now that Fauci da God is afraid of 6 people with blood clots and also doesn’t think we should eat indoors with vaccines. 

Imagine this being your deity. At least my God flooded the world keep our asses in line.

Sup fellas. Long time. Me and my fam got vaccinated about a month ago. Even my daughters who are only 21 and 19 (gotta love Florida). No issues so far. We all took the J & J shot. 

That’s not what prompted me to post a message though. I wanted to share something that seems odd to me. My extended family is from a small village in Palestine. No more than 4,000 people. Over 60% of the population has gotten covid.

Here’s the kicker. Not one single person died from it. These aren’t exactly the healthiest people. They eat lots of bread and rice. Nobody works out. The only people you’ll ever see jogging are the tourists and yet no deaths. 

What’s really interesting is the few cases that were serious were given a shot that costs $4,000US in Israel. That’s a ton of money for the majority of the people from my village. Average salary is about $1,000 per month. I couldn’t tell you what’s in that shot. All I know is it works and takes about two to three days to recover from the worst symptoms. Take it for what it’s worth. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Justice said:

Sup fellas. Long time. Me and my fam got vaccinated about a month ago. Even my daughters who are only 21 and 19 (gotta love Florida). No issues so far. We all took the J & J shot. 

That’s not what prompted me to post a message though. I wanted to share something that seems odd to me. My extended family is from a small village in Palestine. No more than 4,000 people. Over 60% of the population has gotten covid.

Here’s the kicker. Not one single person died from it. These aren’t exactly the healthiest people. They eat lots of bread and rice. Nobody works out. The only people you’ll ever see jogging are the tourists and yet no deaths. 

What’s really interesting is the few cases that were serious were given a shot that costs $4,000US in Israel. That’s a ton of money for the majority of the people from my village. Average salary is about $1,000 per month. I couldn’t tell you what’s in that shot. All I know is it works and takes about two to three days to recover from the worst symptoms. Take it for what it’s worth. 

Sounds like regeneron ? Very interesting, and promising.

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Folks must have their brains in a pretzel now that Fauci da God is afraid of 6 people with blood clots and also doesn’t think we should eat indoors with vaccines. 

Imagine this being your deity. At least my God flooded the world keep our asses in line.

Mine wrote Layla.  

51 minutes ago, Justice said:

This brings up the whole argument of "how many of the US deaths identified as "from Covid" would be better categorized as "with Covid"  Or more importantly that the symptoms of Covid were such that their advanced age or poor health couldn't overcome them. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Haha (+1) 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/more-covid-state-shutdowns-unlikely-despite-cdc-suggestion/ar-BB1fEHpO

LOCKDOWNS ARE OVER: 

More COVID state shutdowns unlikely, despite CDC suggestion. 

“When one of the nation’s top health officials this week suggested states dealing with a spring spike of coronavirus cases should ‘shut things down,’ the remark landed with a thud.”