The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

If you believe I am in any way expressing anger then we're just not communicated effectively here.  I would support exemptions if proof was presented that the participants in the event posed zero threat to each other but that simply isn't true.  Officials are making a wild and false assumption that vaccinated people can't get sick and can't transmit the virus and that is medically known to be false.  So exemptions are bogus.

No. They are making I am sure the very true assumption that vaxxed people rarely die or use up hospital beds, transmit less virus over less time, resist the virus better, oh and everyone was getting tested within 2 days of the event, so pretty minimal risk. 

But by all means let it get to you. 

12 hours ago, Sundancer said:

He was vaccinated and out dining. I go everywhere unmasked. How is this news in your orbit? 

He can because per the rules he is vaccinated.

But he has it.  

And can spread it.   

But you need the vaccine to take off the mask no wait, to have a job.   

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

He can because per the rules he is vaccinated.

But he has it.  

And can spread it.   

But you need the vaccine to take off the mask no wait, to have a job.   

You can’t even read. He was out dining the day BEFORE he tested positive. 

Get vaccinated. Why? Because it works. Any other messaging around the vaccine is stupid. 

7 hours ago, Sundancer said:

You can’t even read. He was out dining the day BEFORE he tested positive. 

Get vaccinated. Why? Because it works. Any other messaging around the vaccine is stupid. 

So he did not have Covid the day before?

You know this how?  

On 9/23/2021 at 3:29 PM, Big Blitz said:

So he did not have Covid the day before?

You know this how?  

He announced that he had Covid the day after he was in public. So I guess he could have been out intentionally infecting everyone but I don't see why anyone would think that given that there's no evidence of it. He also may have slipped a rufi into someone's drink and gave the restaurant an upper decker. Who knows, right? 

28 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This is some pandemic.

It's so bad we don't really care if we have to fire front line health care workers. 

And, the people whos lives we've almost completely destroyed (the kids), we'll fire often the only people in their lives that they know care about them and who they look forward to seeing everyday - in person.  

How did this get under control without Australian like protocols and prison....I mean quarantine camps?

Screenshot_20210927-141818_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Super serious everyone this is NOT political we swear super serious!!!!

COVID-19 continues to wallop Republican states and areas in the US as partisan vaccine refusal persists

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid-19-vaccine-refusal-continues-to-wallop-impact-republican-states-2021-9

This is why Biden went to.......Chicago! to pitch vaccines...

Science!!

• Haha (+1) 1

In other words, never....

Of course the follow up to this should be....."why?"   And "what's the problem?"  You're about to fire health care workers....not sure where our hospitals are overwhelmed..

There is a reason they have never said "return to normal."

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

Politics. Now do guns.

that is what people are protesting...

in terms of guns you have this

https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2021/8/2/22606411/illinois-gun-laws-universal-background-checks-seizure-revoked-firearm-licenses-pritzker

And yet, I heard Obama on TV today claim the gun violence in Chicago due to gun laws...and nothing else. 100% gun laws.

No policies outside of gun laws had any effect on escalating gun violence ,,,hmm interesting

Read carefully 

UNC-Wilmington student declared brain dead weeks after testing positive for COVID-19

Less than a week after moving in, his mother, Tamra Demello, said Gilreath called her saying he tested positive for coronavirus.

Demello said her son wasn't vaccinated and wasn't planning on getting the shot when he was diagnosed with the virus.

Gilreath went on to spend three weeks in an area hospital with a severe sinus infection from COVID-19, which then spread to his brain.

https://www.wcnc.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/unc-wilmington-student-brain-dead-weeks-after-testing-positive-coronavirus/275-80b92ab8-2711-48fd-a07d-59db7775081c

20-year-old who believed he was too healthy to need COVID vaccine dies, NC mom says

Tamra Demello had been begging her son Tyler Gilreath to get the COVID-19 vaccine for months.

And for months, the 20-year-old resisted getting the shot, telling his mother he was young, healthy and didn’t have any pre-existing conditions, and therefore he didn’t need the vaccine’s protection.

“When they’re 20, you can’t make them do what they don’t want to do anymore,” Demello said in an interview Tuesday with The News & Observer. “You can cajole, you can threaten. I can’t physically pick him up and put him in the car.”

Finally, Gilreath agreed, just in time for his mother’s 60th birthday on Aug. 30. He told her he would get vaccinated once he reached the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, where he would be a sophomore and planned to major in computer science.

But he never got a chance. Within days of Demello driving him from their home in Cary to Wilmington, he tested positive for the coronavirus around Aug. 20, she said. On Sept. 27, after going through three weeks of severe illness, Gilreath died.

The pain of her son’s “senseless” death is immense, but Demello is urging parents of children who haven’t yet been vaccinated to get them to do so immediately.

While he was sick, he developed a sinus infection that made its way to his cranial cavity. Eventually Demello’s brain experienced too much swelling. On Sept. 26, doctors confirmed he was not going to survive, and a day later, they took him off life support.

“We’re just hoping if we can just convince these young people who think they’re invincible, you know, that this active, healthy, not ever really sick kid — if this can happen to him from those complications, that it can happen to them too,” Demello said.

Over the three weeks after Gilreath tested positive for COVID-19, he was “extremely sick,” his mother said, running a 102 degree fever and experiencing nausea and other symptoms. Around Sept. 7, his fever and other major symptoms had mostly abated, and he had tested negative for the coronavirus.

Still, he had headaches, and his feelings of lethargy seemed to be “leftover effects of COVID,” she said.

When he went to the doctor’s office, however, Gilreath found out he had a sinus infection. It was a few days before he could get a prescription for oral antibiotics filled and start taking the medicine. By that point, the infection had combined with a staph infection and had started to move toward his brain, Demello said.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article254580002.html

Google his name read how it's all presented to you.  This is not to downplay his death only a moron would draw that conclusion.

But when you test negative and are clear of symptoms then something else happens 2 weeks later.......this is a "Covid death" now?  

And if it isn't, it's certainly reported as if it is.  

On 9/28/2021 at 6:19 PM, Big Blitz said:

Read carefully 

UNC-Wilmington student declared brain dead weeks after testing positive for COVID-19

Less than a week after moving in, his mother, Tamra Demello, said Gilreath called her saying he tested positive for coronavirus.

Demello said her son wasn't vaccinated and wasn't planning on getting the shot when he was diagnosed with the virus.

Gilreath went on to spend three weeks in an area hospital with a severe sinus infection from COVID-19, which then spread to his brain.

https://www.wcnc.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/unc-wilmington-student-brain-dead-weeks-after-testing-positive-coronavirus/275-80b92ab8-2711-48fd-a07d-59db7775081c

20-year-old who believed he was too healthy to need COVID vaccine dies, NC mom says

Tamra Demello had been begging her son Tyler Gilreath to get the COVID-19 vaccine for months.

And for months, the 20-year-old resisted getting the shot, telling his mother he was young, healthy and didn’t have any pre-existing conditions, and therefore he didn’t need the vaccine’s protection.

“When they’re 20, you can’t make them do what they don’t want to do anymore,” Demello said in an interview Tuesday with The News & Observer. “You can cajole, you can threaten. I can’t physically pick him up and put him in the car.”

Finally, Gilreath agreed, just in time for his mother’s 60th birthday on Aug. 30. He told her he would get vaccinated once he reached the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, where he would be a sophomore and planned to major in computer science.

But he never got a chance. Within days of Demello driving him from their home in Cary to Wilmington, he tested positive for the coronavirus around Aug. 20, she said. On Sept. 27, after going through three weeks of severe illness, Gilreath died.

The pain of her son’s “senseless” death is immense, but Demello is urging parents of children who haven’t yet been vaccinated to get them to do so immediately.

While he was sick, he developed a sinus infection that made its way to his cranial cavity. Eventually Demello’s brain experienced too much swelling. On Sept. 26, doctors confirmed he was not going to survive, and a day later, they took him off life support.

“We’re just hoping if we can just convince these young people who think they’re invincible, you know, that this active, healthy, not ever really sick kid — if this can happen to him from those complications, that it can happen to them too,” Demello said.

Over the three weeks after Gilreath tested positive for COVID-19, he was “extremely sick,” his mother said, running a 102 degree fever and experiencing nausea and other symptoms. Around Sept. 7, his fever and other major symptoms had mostly abated, and he had tested negative for the coronavirus.

Still, he had headaches, and his feelings of lethargy seemed to be “leftover effects of COVID,” she said.

When he went to the doctor’s office, however, Gilreath found out he had a sinus infection. It was a few days before he could get a prescription for oral antibiotics filled and start taking the medicine. By that point, the infection had combined with a staph infection and had started to move toward his brain, Demello said.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article254580002.html

Google his name read how it's all presented to you.  This is not to downplay his death only a moron would draw that conclusion.

But when you test negative and are clear of symptoms then something else happens 2 weeks later.......this is a "Covid death" now?  

And if it isn't, it's certainly reported as if it is.  

If you follow your own advice, Tyler Gilreath died from an abscess in his cranial cavity from a sinus infection that started during Covid and never completely went away.

There is little doubt in my mind Covid compromised his blood-brain barrier(BBB), allowing the infection to cross over and the abscess began forming, unsurprisingly taking 2-3 weeks of development before becoming fatal.

Why is there little doubt in my mind?  Because Ace-2 receptors are present on endothelial cells, which are a major constituent of the BBB.  If these become compromised, the barrier becomes leaky. 

While science is currently studying the exact mechanisms, CNS and behavioral effects are well documented, leaving little doubt Covid can affect the brain/BBB.

My 15 year old son contracted and recovered from Covid around the same time frame as Tyler.  He had headaches, mild fever, nausea and sinus issues too.  All told, relatively minor issues.

The week after he tested Covid negative he was back at football struggling with a tight chest and light headedness during sprints.  It got progressively better each day and went away by the next week.  Based on my research experience and discussions with the trainer, I strongly suspect that under exertion, he had bradycardia due to a transient, insufficient vagal response brought on by Covid.  I'm definitely not a doctor and there's no way to study/prove it, but it's the most logical conclusion for his etiology.

So, you can debate whether this is a Covid-related death, but there's plenty of evidence Covid has lingering effects post-infection.  I'm going to trust a medical professional's opinion far over your myopic views.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41392-021-00719-9

"These data indicate that SARS-CoV-2 may infect brain endothelial cells, leading to increased vascular permeability, which supports the probability that SARS-CoV-2 crosses the BBB."

FA8KJYqXMAElEF5.thumb.jpg.8ec45d1349ead6d31b9171a7f76a90a7.jpg

Really nice drop worldwide. The delta outbreak + vaccines, it would seem. Clearly the case in the US. The vaccinated states mostly didn't have issues. Delta cranked through and killed/immunized the unvaccinated. The non-immune herd has shrunk in proportion to the immune. Still plenty of pockets of less robust immunity and unvaccinated but it's a trend that I hope continues. 

Edited by Sundancer

CDC recommends "virtual Thanksgiving" this year

by Jazz Shaw

After the patron saint of restricting Americans’ freedoms suggested we might need to cancel Christmas, I suppose this shouldn’t come as all that much of a surprise. The CDC is announcing today that they are recommending that Americans celebrate Thanksgiving virtually again this year. 

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/10/05/cdc-recommends-virtual-thanksgiving-this-year-n420269

No.

• Haha (+1) 1