The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And I’ll say it again….RELAX. When people decide to get vaccinated, they’ll get vaccinated. It’s not complicated 

This is coming from somebody that got the shots but I don't like the current messaging.  The CDC is recommending even vaccinated people should mask up in specific areas where cases are high.  But they've been out there pounding the table insisting the vaccines are effective in producing immunity.  Immunity means I cannot get sick.  And that vaccination is the best and most direct path to returning your life to "normal".  So far so good.

But the current message is saying I can be vaccinated and still get infected and get sick but the illness will not be as serious than if I wasn't vaccinated.  Then the vaccine is by definition NOT a vaccine. A vaccine immunizes me from getting sick, period.  It is really a pre-emptive treatment.  A treatment lessons the severity and duration of an illness.  And we already have some very effective treatments for people in at low risk and other protocols for high risk.  So if I can still get sick and have to wear a mask and adhere to other social restrictions what's the benefit of getting vaccinated?  I can get sick and seek treatment with a number of MAB's that are highly effective when it happens and I don't have to incur the unknown longer term risks of a genetically altered biologic "vaccine". 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I’m drinking bourbon on my deck. Pretty relaxed, although there’s a mighty storm whipping up off the ocean with tornado watch on so things could get fun here shortly. 

Vaxxed and relaxed

Laughin' at the fools.

What kind of bourbon? 

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This is coming from somebody that got the shots but I don't like the current messaging.  The CDC is recommending even vaccinated people should mask up in specific areas where cases are high.  But they've been out there pounding the table insisting the vaccines are effective in producing immunity.  Immunity means I cannot get sick.  And that vaccination is the best and most direct path to returning your life to "normal".  So far so good.

But the current message is saying I can be vaccinated and still get infected and get sick but the illness will not be as serious than if I wasn't vaccinated.  Then the vaccine is by definition NOT a vaccine. A vaccine immunizes me from getting sick, period.  It is really a pre-emptive treatment.  A treatment lessons the severity and duration of an illness.  And we already have some very effective treatments for people in at low risk and other protocols for high risk.  So if I can still get sick and have to wear a mask and adhere to other social restrictions what's the benefit of getting vaccinated?  I can get sick and seek treatment with a number of MAB's that are highly effective when it happens and I don't have to incur the unknown longer term risks of a genetically altered biologic "vaccine". 

They're lying. 

Everyone knows it 

It's justification enough for the people that still won't get vaccinated.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

But the current message is saying I can be vaccinated and still get infected and get sick but the illness will not be as serious than if I wasn't vaccinated.  Then the vaccine is by definition NOT a vaccine. A vaccine immunizes me from getting sick, period. 

Tell us you know nothing about vaccines without telling us you know nothing about vaccines.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 716er said:

Vaxxed and relaxed

Laughin' at the fools.

What kind of bourbon? 

Its actually a rye. Whistle Pig. one of my go-tos. Not cheap but I don’t hit the brown bottles that often and it seemed like a nice way to wait for a potential storm. 

4 minutes ago, 716er said:

Tell us you know nothing about vaccines without telling us you know nothing about vaccines.

That is about as aptly put as you can do it. I’m not sure this guy knows a lot about vaccines, how they work, or why these ones are making such a difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dam.

From ending poverty to full scale depression in 24 hours.  I'm sure everyone has been saving their hand outs.  

Oh wait......maybe this new Delta "crisis" is to get more sympathy for homeowners not allowed to work as normal....

Screenshot_20210729-193341_One UI Home.jpg

"D.C., which has substantial spread, announced today that it will require everyone 2 and older to wear masks indoors regardless of their vaccination status starting Saturday (July 31)."

https://www.tysonsreporter.com/2021/07/29/virginia-recommends-but-doesnt-require-wearing-masks-indoors/

NOVA news so mad Northam didn't mandate masks.  They can chill I'm sure he'll change course soon.  

As to DC having substantial spread........since when?

Screenshot_20210729-200354_Chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

"D.C., which has substantial spread, announced today that it will require everyone 2 and older to wear masks indoors regardless of their vaccination status starting Saturday (July 31)."

https://www.tysonsreporter.com/2021/07/29/virginia-recommends-but-doesnt-require-wearing-masks-indoors/

NOVA news so mad Northam didn't mandate masks.  They can chill I'm sure he'll change course soon.  

As to DC having substantial spread........since when?

Screenshot_20210729-200354_Chrome.jpg

You see those lines on the right and how they are bigger. And how the one line on the right is higher than any line since April. That means cases are rising. 

VA is about 6x its lows of a few weeks ago. PA is 10x. 

I would hope for no restrictions but at the same time the shitstorm is a’coming in yet again. We hope it is less severe but it ain’t gonna be nothing. 

1 minute ago, Sundancer said:

You see those lines on the right and how they are bigger. And how the one line on the right is higher than any line since April. That means cases are rising. 

VA is about 6x its lows of a few weeks ago. PA is 10x. 

I would hope for no restrictions but at the same time the shitstorm is a’coming in yet again. We hope it is less severe but it ain’t gonna be nothing. 

What ***** storm?

Show me the hospitalized BECAUSE OF covid rates in DC or Florida.  State wide.  

Just now, Big Blitz said:

What ***** storm?

Show me the hospitalized BECAUSE OF covid rates in DC or Florida.  State wide.  

Are you a guy who thinks that all the deaths haven’t risen because Covid isn’t killing people, they are just dying with a Covid diagnosis?

I remember early Covid debates where people were saying, “Show me where more people are dying than other years.” Were you that guy? Be honest Blitz-y. 

6 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Are you a guy who thinks that all the deaths haven’t risen because Covid isn’t killing people, they are just dying with a Covid diagnosis?

I remember early Covid debates where people were saying, “Show me where more people are dying than other years.” Were you that guy? Be honest Blitz-y. 

Not sure maybe in March of 2020 looking at flu season numbers maybe?  But no.  

I've been saying I want to see the Mortality rates NEXT YEAR to get an idea of who was dying - meaning was it mostly people that were 6 to 18 months from death.  

The metrics cannot be no death and no cases.  

True or false?  

Were you one at the beginning that said "this is about flattening curves and not overwhelming hospitals?   Then this stay at home and mitigation nonsense will stop."

That was 18 months ago.  

So I'd like to see your hospitalizations and ICU numbers and whether or not we'll need ships.

Edited by Big Blitz

13 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not sure maybe in March of 2020 looking at flu season numbers maybe?  But no.  

I've been saying I want to see the Mortality rates NEXT YEAR to get an idea of who was dying - meaning was it mostly people that were 6 to 18 months from death.  

The metrics cannot be no death and no cases.  

True or false?  

Were you one at the beginning that said "this is about flattening curves and not overwhelming hospitals?   Then this stay at home and mitigation nonsense will stop."

That was 18 months ago.  

So I'd like to see your hospitalizations and ICU numbers and whether or not we'll need ships.

You acknowledge that a lot more people

died last year than normal right? Just trying to set a baseline of agreement. 

I am against any government shutdown, believe private companies encouraging remote work makes sense, relatively Ok with masking as a mitigation measure, and believe we should do a lot including mandatory vaccines for elderly and nursing home workers, patients, and visitors. 

23 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

You acknowledge that a lot more people

died last year than normal right? Just trying to set a baseline of agreement. 

I am against any government shutdown, believe private companies encouraging remote work makes sense, relatively Ok with masking as a mitigation measure, and believe we should do a lot including mandatory vaccines for elderly and nursing home workers, patients, and visitors. 

100s of thousands die every year from respiratory infections and other ILI.  

I haven't looked at data on deaths for 2020 since probably last year.  

You're avoiding my question which is the very justification for the mitigation you seem to be lukewarm about - so why are we doing them?  And what are the numbers that justify it?  

25 minutes ago, 716er said:

Let this nonsense sink in.

"May" transmit.

"Advice."

No questions asked of course by CCP run media and the stooges that vote for their equivalent here in the U.S.

January 6th!!

Where are the hospitalization numbers due solely to Covid.......or is it just Delta now (if you don't feel totally embarrassed discussion the variants of a virus and why that should mean anything to anyone you really are gone).  

44 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

100s of thousands die every year from respiratory infections and other ILI.  

I haven't looked at data on deaths for 2020 since probably last year.  

You're avoiding my question which is the very justification for the mitigation you seem to be lukewarm about - so why are we doing them?  And what are the numbers that justify it?  

No no wait. Do you think a lot more people died in the last 18 months or not? You post a lot here but say you aren’t looking at the data since last year. If a lot more people died in the last 18 months than usual, that’s something to pay attention to, no? 

If more people are dying, and I’ll wait for you to learn whether that is true or not because it would *seem* a relevant data point, those deaths could be a reason people are concerned. 

Get back to me on the deaths though. Might be a good thing for you to pay attention to. 

44 minutes ago, 716er said:

No way to judge this fully until we see what the data says but I’m skeptical that whatever this data is supports the mask guideline change. I’m holding final judgment but ready to pounce if it’s not very convincing. 

3 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

No no wait. Do you think a lot more people died in the last 18 months or not? You post a lot here but say you aren’t looking at the data since last year. If a lot more people died in the last 18 months than usual, that’s something to pay attention to, no? 

If more people are dying, and I’ll wait for you to learn whether that is true or not because it would *seem* a relevant data point, those deaths could be a reason people are concerned. 

Get back to me on the deaths though. Might be a good thing for you to pay attention to. 

No way to judge this fully until we see what the data says but I’m skeptical that whatever this data is supports the mask guideline change. I’m holding final judgment but ready to pounce if it’s not very convincing. 

The data is out there. Have not read it yet but the slides are all over the news right now. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just proving more and more what I’ve been saying all along: that a Dem (Hilly) wouldn’t have done any better with this pandemic.

Truth bomb. 

But we should expect more from our leaders that Trump and Clinton gave and would have given. 

• Like (+1) 1