The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So John I’m going to assume you’re in favor of immediately closing the southern border?

Closing no. Closing to illegal immigration, 100%. 

Our border should be secure or it's not a border. Trump framed it poorly but illegal immigration needs to be addressed. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

That's what you take from this? Unvaccinated people caused this?

We're you dropped on the head alot as a child?

They're gone.  

Totally lost.  

Story:

Frank Reich, fully vaccinated sent home and put in isolation for testing positive for Covid.

Responses from members of the Branch Covidians:

"This is what's driving up Cases and hospitalizations.  And it's Trump voters fault."

Unbelievable.  Either they really are this stupid or they are just deliberately hiding from and refusing to address everything they've been proven wrong about. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They're gone.  

Totally lost.  

Story:

Frank Reich, fully vaccinated sent home and put in isolation for testing positive for Covid.

Responses from members of the Branch Covidians:

"This is what's driving up Cases and hospitalizations.  And it's Trump voters fault."

Unbelievable.  Either they really are this stupid or they are just deliberately hiding from and refusing to address everything they've been proven wrong about. 

The data is being very manipulated and alot of people are falling for it, it is human nature to want to be "led" especially in times of uncertainty and crisis. 

I think it's comforting to people to have some all encompassing entity telling them what to do. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John Adams said:

Agreed. As long as you're vaccinated and not in health care or contact with at risk people, s--t all over this idea. 

sadly here in Western NY, at least in north Amherst (where two-thirds of women have the Kamala “little girl shadow” or RBG as their facebook profile pic), they’ll lap this shizz up unquestioningly, saying it’s an “act of kindness” or some similar nonsense.

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

sadly here in Western NY, at least in north Amherst (where two-thirds of women have the Kamala “little girl shadow” or RBG as their facebook profile pic), they’ll lap this shizz up unquestioningly, saying it’s an “act of kindness” or some similar nonsense.

Same where I am. My biggest personal concern is at my gym. I have a really good setup at home but much prefer the camaraderie of lifting around others. If mask mandates drop again, I'm out. 

If I have to mask up at the grocery store, it's annoying but I will just do it again even though it's only the Jims of the world that need to be masked. 

I'll wait on final judgment to see what these recommendations are. "Under certain circumstances" may be reasonable, may not. 

Edited by John Adams

China Has Rejected A WHO Plan For Further Investigation Into The Origins Of COVID-19

"It is impossible for us to accept such an origin-tracing plan," he said at a news conference called to address the COVID-19 origins issue.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/07/22/1019244601/china-who-coronavirus-lab-leak-theory

That makes the lab origin look more possible now.

Deaths down 10% in the last 2 weeks and cases down well you can see...

10% of India is vaccinated.  Adults.  

1.1 billion other people are not. 

And they've been "open" since early June.  

This makes no sense.  But none of this is supposed to. 

Screenshot_20210727-153240_Chrome.jpg

24 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Deaths down 10% in the last 2 weeks and cases down well you can see...

10% of India is vaccinated.  Adults.  

1.1 billion other people are not. 

And they've been "open" since early June.  

This makes no sense.  But none of this is supposed to. 

Screenshot_20210727-153240_Chrome.jpg

I know this forum is more about political bickering than real conversation, but these stats for places like India just has to make any open minded person really wonder what is really going on and does anyone really have an actual clue.  Lack of vaccine rates there in India and a population density more than 10x than the US, but yet 1/6th of the death rate per million people than the US to date.  What about that makes any sense?   It's been illogical from the start that the US, with our barely top 200 overall population density, was one of the worst countries in the world to be for COVID, especially if staying 6 feet part is really the key.  The media and general population in the US always acts like the world revolves around us and ignores the rest of the planet, but this is a global pandemic.  Why is it not more of a common topic of discussion on why hasn't this virus completely decimated other countries, who in proportion to ours basically live on top of each other, at a many times multiple death rate of ours who simply can't keep people apart as effectively or provide as adequate of care? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jhh9327 said:

I know this forum is more about political bickering than real conversation, but these stats for places like India just has to make any open minded person really wonder what is really going on and does anyone really have an actual clue.  Lack of vaccine rates there in India and a population density more than 10x than the US, but yet 1/6th of the death rate per million people than the US to date.  What about that makes any sense?   It's been illogical from the start that the US, with our barely top 200 overall population density, was one of the worst countries in the world to be for COVID, especially if staying 6 feet part is really the key.  The media and general population in the US always acts like the world revolves around us and ignores the rest of the planet, but this is a global pandemic.  Why is it not more of a common topic of discussion on why hasn't this virus completely decimated other countries, who in proportion to ours basically live on top of each other, at a many times multiple death rate of ours who simply can't keep people apart as effectively or provide as adequate of care? 

This is why our "cases!" were where they were.  

They've been lying:

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, jhh9327 said:

Death was good for the opposition party in 2020.  

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, John Adams said:

Same where I am. My biggest personal concern is at my gym. I have a really good setup at home but much prefer the camaraderie of lifting around others. If mask mandates drop again, I'm out. 

If I have to mask up at the grocery store, it's annoying but I will just do it again even though it's only the Jims of the world that need to be masked. 

I'll wait on final judgment to see what these recommendations are. "Under certain circumstances" may be reasonable, may not. 

A reasonable perspective John but when does it end? Out here in California the answer is clear…it never ends. It’s literally impossible to achieve 100% vaccinations but idiotic public officials are setting that up as the ONLY way out. The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Edited by SoCal Deek

6 hours ago, jhh9327 said:

When you’re getting such discrepancies in the outcomes of a non discriminatory pandemic you begin to question all the data.  

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/07/26/the-i-just-left-the-er-variant-is-multiplying-on-twitter-warning-people-theyre-back-to-getting-crushed-by-covid-19/

SOMETHING’S SPREADING, AND IT’S NOT A VIRUS: 

The ‘I just left the ER’ variant is multiplying on Twitter, warning people they’re back to getting crushed by COVID-19.

It’s everywhere.

Screen-Shot-2021-07-28-at-8.33.57-AM-598

Screen-Shot-2021-07-28-at-8.51.58-AM-600

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/07/26/the-i-just-left-the-er-variant-is-multiplying-on-twitter-warning-people-theyre-back-to-getting-crushed-by-covid-19/

SOMETHING’S SPREADING, AND IT’S NOT A VIRUS: 

The ‘I just left the ER’ variant is multiplying on Twitter, warning people they’re back to getting crushed by COVID-19.

It’s everywhere.

Screen-Shot-2021-07-28-at-8.33.57-AM-598

Screen-Shot-2021-07-28-at-8.51.58-AM-600

I have a good friend who works in ER in Alabama.  I asked her about this.  She said they are busy yes.  But not with Covid cases. 

• Thank you (+1) 2