The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Vaccinated people have a much lower possibility of either contracting the virus or infecting others.  

I’m not sure of your first point.  The vaccine is not a repellent. They just have the immunity to keep themselves from getting sick.  From what I’ve read there seems to be mixed ideas as to the chances of a vaccinated person passing it in to a non-vaccinated person. 

Misinformation is killing people. Here's the truth about COVID vaccines

“We don’t know the vaccine's long-term side effects.”

Historically, the vast majority of vaccine side effectsoccur not long after getting the shot, said Dr. Gabor Kelen, head of the emergency medicine department at Johns Hopkins University (um.....isn't this a new kind of vaccine????   We can't even tell the truth in an article designed to get you the "truth" I have no idea why people don't trust anything) . Allergic reactions, which are rare, happen within moments; most other side effects emerge and dissipate within weeks.

“People need to chill about the long-term impact,” Kelen said. “The way immunology works is [if] something's gonna happen, it's gonna happen fairly soon,” he said.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2021-07-22/covid-vaccine-truth-side-effects-other-concerns

Yo you gotta chill!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

That's it.

That's all the "correct" information the LA Times is giving you here.  

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Forced vaccinations 

As Jim has been saying, you’re free to stay home. 

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m not sure of your first point.  The vaccine is not a repellent. They just have the immunity to keep themselves from getting sick.  From what I’ve read there seems to be mixed ideas as to the chances of a vaccinated person passing it in to a non-vaccinated person. 

Chef Jim is an immunology expert back from when eye of newt was accepted treatment. 

On 7/21/2021 at 5:55 PM, Chef Jim said:

And a 99% chance you'll live to tell about it if you get it.  

More like 99.6% or 99.7%, once they crunch the data.

We'll find out that after tough 2016-2017 Flu season, we had two pretty mild Global Flu seasons, and then this slightly more contagious and deadly apparition arrived and unfortunately the numbers caught back up, at a politically convenient time for China (who hated Trump's "Trade War") and US Democrats (who want to forever take control of the country)

Why is the conversation always only vaccinated versus unvaccinated?  We are about 1.5 years into this and have had 35 million cases in the US alone.  There is a lot of of people who have had it and recovered.  If those that fall into that group don't get the vaccine should they also be considered "the problem"?  Isn't there really 4 groups (vac/no COVID, vac/COVID recovered, no vac/no COVID, no vac/COVID recovered)?   Why is there so little data and info on reinfection rates and risk?    The "Science" world seems to have all the answers on a vaccine to treat the virus, but if you ask if the vaccine is needed if you are COVID recovered the responses that I find are all are some form of  "we don't know enough about that so just be super safe and get the vaccine too."   That isn't a satisfactory answer, IMO. 

I say this as someone who is vaccinated myself, but my wife and kids are not.  However, they all have had, and recovered from, COVID.   Kids were not eligible to get the vaccine when they got it and my wife and I had just become eligible.  I had my first poke a couple days before they all came down with it, which I do think caused me to avoid getting it myself (I was tested at the same time as my wife after one of the kids tested positive and I was tested several times after and I remained negative).  Kid's would have missed one day of school in normal circumstances from having a fever one day and then waiting 24 hours without it before letting them go back.  They sat in their rooms feeling fine and bored out of their minds for 2 weeks.  My wife was in bed like she had the flu for about 2 days though it did take a couple weeks before she felt fully normal again.  My wife's choice to continue to wait to get the vaccine is her own to make.  With the kids, I have a say,  and to be honest I don't have a compelling enough argument that they need something on top of their natural immunity now along with the low risk the virus itself presents them.  I'm open to reviewing data that can help reverse that current choice, but I haven't been able to find anything worthwhile. 

11 minutes ago, jhh9327 said:

Why is the conversation always only vaccinated versus unvaccinated?

Because that's been determined to be the easiest way to make this about Trump voters vs Our Enlightened Fascists on the left that actually just said above if you don't want the vaccine, "you are "free" to stay home."   

Then you're not free are you.  How about the scared stay home.  You are immunocompromised it doesn't matter the vaccine and the vaccinated aren't helping you.    

Lots of quotes here from Alabama.  

Trump voters not getting vaccinated duh!

*Siri*

"What percentage of Alabama is Black?

*Almost 30%.  Many of whom, like DeAndre Hopkins, Jalen Ramsey and others don't want to get the vaccine because there is a history of systemic racism in this country when it comes to forced vaccinations.*

"Thank you Siri that will be all."

Read my lips: We’re not going back to masks and lockdowns again

By Karol Markowicz

July 22, 2021 

FTA:

“But shouldn’t we do it, just in case?” people ask me. No, we should not. The unnecessary measures and rules are one reason why there is so much mistrust of the vaccines now.

We were told to do pointless things for our own good. We knew these things were irrational, but rules were rules: New York City shut down playgrounds and green spaces but opened up city streets alongside those shuttered playgrounds and green spaces. It was ridiculous, and everyone knew it. We can’t go down the stupid road again.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/22/read-my-lips-were-not-going-back-to-masks-and-lockdowns-again/

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1