The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

5 minutes ago, John Adams said:

You’re almost Tibs level stupid or mentally incompetent. I think the later but maybe I’m wrong. 

So what you’re saying is the fully vaccinated cannot pass on the virus to the unvaccinated? 

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

So you don’t pass it on to others who can’t get vaccinated or have weaker immune systems. So you don’t bog down the health care system. So you don’t pass on the virus to people who have long term consequences. 

Trust me: I don’t care if you die. I just prefer that you do it privately. 

MPPPGA

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Beach said:

im not anti-vax.  i just dont think i need it, so why get it?  

You don't.  It would help for herd immunity but it's your choice.

33 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why call out Trump supporters?  What about those non-Trump supporters who don’t want the vaccine?  

Because Republicans are the group least likely to get the vaccine.

oakImage-1626626096450-mobileMasterAt3x.

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We all can “catch” Covid and pass it on vaccinated or not.  So aren’t the vaccinated just as likely to pass it on to others? 

Yeah.  If you're vaccinated though the likelihood of a vaccinated person passing it on to you is reduced by over 90% if you got the mRNA vaccine.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  If you're vaccinated though the likelihood of a vaccinated person passing it on to you is reduced by over 90% if you got the mRNA vaccine.

I hate to break it to you but there are a ***** ton of Trump supporters who loath Republicans.  One of the reasons why I supported him. 

Did you mean if you’re unvaccinated?  Yes the chances are reduced but I’m not sure if it’s to 10%.   Regardless there is still that chance so those that cannot be vaccinated should take precautions if they fear the the virus? 

Question. We have had hundreds of thousands of people attending sporting events, concerts, theme parks, airports, shopping malls and restaurants. All of which were essentially ghost towns just 12 months ago. And we have a small increase in a variant. That’s with nearly 50% of the population unvaccinated.  Whatcha all scared about? 

BOO!!!!  

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Question. We have had hundreds of thousands of people attending sporting events, concerts, theme parks, airports, shopping malls and restaurants. All of which were essentially ghost towns just 12 months ago. And we have a small increase in a variant. That’s with nearly 50% of the population unvaccinated.  Whatcha all scared about? 

BOO!!!!  

They're not.  

It's about following "the rules."  

It's freaking bizarre.  

20 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You’re talking to a senile old man. He’s got toe fungus older than your neurons. 

Save your breath and insult him. It gets his heart pumping. Good cardio for the old guy. 

3 minutes ago, John Adams said:

You’re talking to a senile old man. He’s got toe fungus older than your neurons. 

Save your breath and insult him. It gets his heart pumping. Good cardio for the old guy. 

So your raison d’etre is to insult people?   Pretty pathetic troll.  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So your raison d’etre is to insult people?   Pretty pathetic troll.  

I’m a mirror. 

You may want to break me and buy yourself seven more years on the clock. 

Can you  find out from your doctor why your old guy toenails get gnarled and green like that? Disgusting man but might be a positive post if you provide some insights. 

24 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I hate to break it to you but there are a ***** ton of Trump supporters who loath Republicans.  One of the reasons why I supported him. 

Did you mean if you’re unvaccinated?  Yes the chances are reduced but I’m not sure if it’s to 10%.   Regardless there is still that chance so those that cannot be vaccinated should take precautions if they fear the the virus? 

It’s less than 10% assuming you took the mRNA vaccine.  Desantis held a press conference yesterday saying 95% of Floridians who tested positive for COVID were unvaccinated.

As far as Trump supporters go, he is the most popular Republican among Republicans since Reagan so there should be outreach to Republicans based on all available polling.  The same goes for poor communities consisting mostly of minorities.

1 hour ago, Beach said:

im not anti-vax.  i just dont think i need it, so why get it?  

Don’t get it then.  But if and when you get infected, don’t complain.  If you get really sick and have to be hospitalized, don’t complain.  If you have to be put on a ventilator, don’t then cry to the doctors and nurses that you want the vaccine, because it will be too late.  And if you transmit it to your child or grandchild and they get seriously sick from it, start figuring out what you’ll say to the child and the child’s parents.  And how you’ll live with yourself if God forbid the worst happens.

Your statement that you don’t think you need it crystallizes in a few words the entire problem we’ve had since the pandemic started.  Selfishness.  You only think of you.  We are still in a national crisis with this pandemic, and historically when this country has faced such challenges we’ve come together to overcome.  The Vietnam war might be the only exception.  But what we have right now are people cloaking themselves in fake claims of freedom and rights, people deliberately spreading lies about the science of the vaccines, and so in.  All of it just is a cover for selfishness.  We used to have a country where the people would rise above partisanship in a time of need.  Not anymore.

So don’t get it.  The anti-Vaccine folks?  Don’t get it.  People will die needlessly.  Younger folks including children will needlessly die and/or have lifelong illnesses.  But you do you.

• Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It’s less than 10% assuming you took the mRNA vaccine.  Desantis held a press conference yesterday saying 95% of Floridians who tested positive for COVID were unvaccinated.

As far as Trump supporters go, he is the most popular Republican among Republicans since Reagan so there should be outreach to Republicans based on all available polling.  The same goes for poor communities consisting mostly of minorities.

But my question is not the chances of an unvaccinated person getting COVID. I’m talking about the chances of an vaccinated person passing it on to an unvaccinated person.  

And regarding Trump yes he was popular and he was a Republican. But if he ran under a third party he would be just as popular. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

But my question is not the chances of an unvaccinated person getting COVID. I’m talking about the chances of an vaccinated person passing it on to an unvaccinated person.  

And regarding Trump yes he was popular and he was a Republican. But if he ran under a third party he would be just as popular. 

No he wouldn’t because they know he’d split the vote handing it to the Democrat.

If a vaccinated person somehow catches it they can absolutely pass it to an unvaccinated person.  It would likely be an unvaccinated person.

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What is his stance on vaccines?  If he doesn’t want to lock things down he should be pro-vaccine.

Not sure but lock downs and mask mandates at this point should be out of the question given the effectiveness of these vaccines.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No he wouldn’t because they know he’d split the vote handing it to the Democrat.

If a vaccinated person somehow catches it they can absolutely pass it to an unvaccinated person.  It would likely be an unvaccinated person.

No that’s my point. The folks pointing to the unvaccinated and saying “you can pass it on to the unvaccinated!!”  Well so can you. 

Regarding Trump splitting the vote?  You are correct.  That would hand it to the dems. But we have to do something to break up these two ***** parties that have a stranglehold on us. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

No that’s my point. The folks pointing to the unvaccinated and saying “you can pass it on to the unvaccinated!!”  Well so can you. 

Regarding Trump splitting the vote?  You are correct.  That would hand it to the dems. But we have to do something to break up these two ***** parties that have a stranglehold on us. 

Vaccinated people have a much lower possibility of either contracting the virus or infecting others.  

• Like (+1) 1