The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Call Oklahoma.  I hear that state has a lot of HCQ to get rid of.  Something about falling for the Trump HCQ hoax …

I thought they destroyed all the HCQ because you guys called it the most dangerous drug ever?

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

May I ask why your particular family members can’t get vaccinated?

Cancer treatment for one. In a window of down time from chemo, that one was finally was able to get the vaccine. Another has an immune complication and serious reaction to I believe shell fish that doesn't allow for many vaccines.

And of course, the U12 contingent in my extended Catholic family. Always a lot of kids that I'd rather not subject to a nervous system virus that the herd could help prevent. 

Just now, Sundancer said:

Cancer treatment for one. In a window of down time from chemo, that one was finally was able to get the vaccine. Another has an immune complication and serious reaction to I believe shell fish that doesn't allow for many vaccines.

And of course, the U12 contingent in my extended Catholic family. Always a lot of kids that I'd rather not subject to a nervous system virus that the herd could help prevent. 

Thanks for the info. I’ll say a prayer for each of them. I’ve got a guy in my office with a similar family member issue. 

10 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Unless it’s covered by insurance I question it’s potential for monetary gain. Though it appears to be an epidemic most sufferers have little money. 

The answer is simple: volume.

51 minutes ago, Doc said:

I thought they destroyed all the HCQ because you guys called it the most dangerous drug ever?

Actually I suspect that any destruction of that drug was occasioned by the fact that it had no resale value and that it was cheaper to destroy it than it was to store it.  One of those not throwing good money after bad/hoax things.  

I know I’m talking to a wall here but I will never understand the Leftist position on the response to Covid. Trump was taking action and having the public/private sector look into everything that might put an end to this novel virus in record time. He was criticized at every turn. His loud mouthed critics offered nothing except stay inside and stay away from other people…forever. (Which as we now know is a strategy about as bad as you could’ve come up with.). We also now know that while all that was going on, the Trump Administration was working behind the scenes with the private sector to develop the vaccines that the Left now clings to with a religious zeal. You can like or dislike Trump all you want but if Biden was in office a year ago he’d still be trying to convince Kamala that there was an actual health crisis going on. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

His loud mouthed critics offered nothing except stay inside and stay away from other people…forever. (Which as we now know is a strategy about as bad as you could’ve come up with.). 

First, thank you for the above. 

Second, you know the underlined is not true so why say it? 

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

First, thank you for the above. 

Second, you know the underlined is not true so why say it? 

What did they offer other than masking and social distancing? Neither of which are an actual strategy to eliminate the virus. They’re just a way to stall for time…so we can develop a vaccine. 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Actually I suspect that any destruction of that drug was occasioned by the fact that it had no resale value and that it was cheaper to destroy it than it was to store it.  One of those not throwing good money after bad/hoax things.  

Oh yes, that's right.  Millions of people aren't on it daily for one reason or another (you know, the reason why the claim it was dangerous was an obvious lie to anyone with a brain), so it would have had no use.  And obviously when it was sold it to the state, it was immediately removed it from its protective packaging.  

But lo and behold, Oklahoma was able to return it.  So there's only one hoax here...

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Get vaccinated and this largely ends. Or not. 

Does it?

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Always a lot of kids that I'd rather not subject to a nervous system virus that the herd could help prevent. 

They've been exposed to it for almost 2 years 

And always will be.  

They don't have negative outcomes that warrant mandated vaccinations. 

And a nervous system virus now?  

I thought it was respiratory.  

4 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Do you promise that you won't spread it to my family who can't get vaccinated? Do you promise to be sick and/or die at home and not use health care resources? Do you promise not to contribute to mutations? Do you promise not to contribute to it breaking through to older people whose immune systems are not as robust? Do you promise crap politicians won't start shutting crap down? 

Get vaccinated and this largely ends. Or not. 

If your family (or anyone for that matter) that are unable to be vaccinated are worried they can mask up if they are concerned.  There are millions of Americans who are not vaccinated.  That's a lot of people to be paranoid of.  So you'd like people to die in a gutter because they've make the personal choice (it's still a choice my friend).   That says a hell of a lot more about you than it does about those who have make that very personal choice.  

There are ways to protect yourself from those who have made this very personal decision. 

Strong leadership right here.........strong messaging.....nothing confusing at all:

“If you want to go the extra mile of safety even though you’re vaccinated when you’re indoors, particularly in crowded places, you might want to consider wearing a mask,” Fauci said in an interview Wednesday with CNBC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/21/delta-covid-variant-fauci-says-vaccinated-people-might-want-to-consider-wearing-masks-indoors-.html

Fikadu Tafesse, PhD, senior author of the study and an assistant professor of molecular microbiology and immunology a the OHSU School of Medicine:

"The more people get vaccinated, the less the virus circulates," he said. "Older people aren't entirely safe just because they're vaccinated; the people around them really need to be vaccinated as well. At the end of the day, this study really means that everybody needs to be vaccinated to protect the community."

"Delta is so contagious that when we talk about masks, I don't think we should just talk about masks," he warned. "I think we should be talking about high-quality masks. Quality of mask is going to make a difference with a variant that spreads more aggressively like Delta does, where people are more contagious and exude more virus, and trying to get N95 masks into the hands of vulnerable individuals in places where this is really epidemic, I think is going to be important."

Gottlieb went so far as to recommend that people who have received both doses should consider wearing high-quality face coverings. "Even in cases where they're vaccinated, if they want to add another layer of protection, there are a supply of N95 masks right now. There is no shortage. There's plenty of masks available for health care workers," he said. "It could be something that we start talking about getting better quality masks into the hands of people, because I think it's going to be hard to mandate these things right now."

Gottlieb warned that the continued spread of the highly contagious Delta variant could have serious consequences. "Most people will either get vaccinated, or have been previously infected, or they will get this Delta variant," he said. "And for most people who get this Delta variant, it's going to be the most serious virus that they get in their lifetime in terms of the risk of putting them in the hospital."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/full-transcript-of-face-the-nation-on-july-18-2021/

The coronavirus pandemic is fast becoming one for those people who have not yet gotten vaccinated....

https://on.mktw.net/36Robtt

Lots now starting to come out on this. This is overall effectiveness. 

44 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If your family (or anyone for that matter) that are unable to be vaccinated are worried they can mask up if they are concerned.  There are millions of Americans who are not vaccinated.  That's a lot of people to be paranoid of.  So you'd like people to die in a gutter because they've make the personal choice (it's still a choice my friend).   That says a hell of a lot more about you than it does about those who have make that very personal choice.  

There are ways to protect yourself from those who have made this very personal decision. 

Do you not get the masking thing and how it's one layer in the swiss cheese yet?

"So you'd like people to die in a gutter because they've make the personal choice" ... That's helpful.

Get vaccinated. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Lots now starting to come out on this. This is overall effectiveness. 

Do you not get the masking thing and how it's one layer in the swiss cheese yet?

"So you'd like people to die in a gutter because they've make the personal choice" ... That's helpful.

Get vaccinated. 

Once it receives FDA approval I think you'll see a lot more people get vaccinated.   Until then.............

In the meantime thanks for the advice..................

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Once it receives FDA approval I think you'll see a lot more people get vaccinated.   Until then.............

The people who don't trust the government are suddenly going to trust the government? 

Makes sense. 

You'll see people get vaccinated more then because more businesses will require it with less fear of push back. 

1 minute ago, Sundancer said:

The people who don't trust the government are suddenly going to trust the government? 

Makes sense. 

You'll see people get vaccinated more then because more businesses will require it with less fear of push back. 

I think it's safe to say that a good portion of the people not vaccinated have made that choice not due to mistrust of the government but due to concern for the safety of the vaccine.  

So let's say all that can get vaccinated do so.  Are those that cannot get vaccinated free from getting the virus? 

Exactly:

Student to teacher: 

"So why weren't we all in the building last year but with masks on?"

Teacher:

"Well because the teachers weren't vaccinated and we have immunocompromised group of teachers."

Student:  

"Well most of us kids over 12 aren't vaccinated and the under 12 year olds can't even get the shot. So why is it OK for us to be here now?  The risk to us is suddenly gone but.....still there??

Oh and the vaccine doesn't work for the immunocompromised."

Teacher, blown away by logic:  "Your Trumper parents are horrible people!"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

House Democrats on Tuesday blocked a bill which would require the Director of National Intelligence to declassify information related to the US government's investigations into the Wuhan coronavirus pandemic - and in particular, what role the Wuhan Institute of Virology may have played in the outbreak.  The bill failed in the House by a vote of 216 - 207.

Said House Rep Wenstrup one of the members introducing the bill on the House floor, "The best disinfectant is sunlight and that's what we can provide today."  "The bill first establishes that we must identify the precise origins of COVID-19 because it is critical for preventing a similar pandemic in the future." "I cannot stress enough that this bill is not controversial by any means," he continued. "In fact, it passed the Senate in May with unanimous consent — not one senator objected. Not Senators Ted Cruz or Rand Paul, not Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren. If those four members can get on board with this bill, should not we be able to do the same?"

I guess not.  So what's the objection of House leadership?  Chinese masters and Dr. Fauci don't like it?  Any of the usual Deep State apologists want to whip up some excuse here?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

House Democrats on Tuesday blocked a bill which would require the Director of National Intelligence to declassify information related to the US government's investigations into the Wuhan coronavirus pandemic - and in particular, what role the Wuhan Institute of Virology may have played in the outbreak.  The bill failed in the House by a vote of 216 - 207.

Said House Rep Wenstrup one of the members introducing the bill on the House floor, "The best disinfectant is sunlight and that's what we can provide today."  "The bill first establishes that we must identify the precise origins of COVID-19 because it is critical for preventing a similar pandemic in the future." "I cannot stress enough that this bill is not controversial by any means," he continued. "In fact, it passed the Senate in May with unanimous consent — not one senator objected. Not Senators Ted Cruz or Rand Paul, not Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren. If those four members can get on board with this bill, should not we be able to do the same?"

I guess not.  So what's the objection of House leadership?  Chinese masters and Dr. Fauci don't like it?  Any of the usual Deep State apologists want to whip up some excuse here?

Wow