The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

Follow the science.

Look at the chart above 

Please give me a logical reason I should get my 8 and 10 year old vaccinated. 331 deaths out of 375 million people. 

More children are killed in car accidents should I not let my children drive in a car either?

Because a child, like anyone else, may be severely affected by COVID in a way other than death.  And because the child could spread the virus to someone who may be negatively affected in a way including death.  Nobody has a problem with a smallpox vax.  People decided that polio wasn’t cool a few decades ago.  And yet here we are with COVID.  The only logical explanation I have for the resistance to that vax is that Trump resisted it, and that his followers are dumb enough to adopt that stance on their own. 

• Vomit 1

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Because a child, like anyone else, may be severely affected by COVID in a way other than death.  And because the child could spread the virus to someone who may be negatively affected in a way including death.  Nobody has a problem with a smallpox vax.  People decided that polio wasn’t cool a few decades ago.  And yet here we are with COVID.  The only logical explanation I have for the resistance to that vax is that Trump resisted it, and that his followers are dumb enough to adopt that stance on their own. 

When you politicize your argument like you did in the last sentence it makes you seem like you are debating with your emotions instead of your intellect. 

Just an observation 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

The only logical explanation I have for the resistance to that vax is that Trump resisted it, and that his followers are dumb enough to adopt that stance on their own. 

Trump never resisted the vaccine.  He's been touting it since the October debates when he said they could release it now but that would look like he was trying to use it for the election.....

He told everyone on March 16th to get it.  

He's touted it as his administration's achievement. 

You dupes falling for this CCP psyop to divide this country are pathetic.  Wake up and get a clue.    

• Like (+1) 5

53 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Trump never resisted the vaccine.  He's been touting it since the October debates when he said they could release it now but that would look like he was trying to use it for the election.....

You dupes falling for this CCP psyop to divide this country are pathetic.  Wake up and get a clue.    

hoax.  Here’s a recent  example. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06/donald-trump-covid-19-vaccines-children/amp

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

America's case spike!  Everybody panic!!!

Screenshot_20210716-115013_Chrome.jpg

You were probably here on October 17 too. UK now at 70% of their peak. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

You can’t be serious. Trump is assuredly not pushing the vaccine. Did you see him get the shot or did we find out weeks later he got it? Has he calmly and rationally put out PSAs advising people to get it? Helping advise a community of his followers that it will help them and others if they get the vaccine. No and no. 

Trump has not helped with vaccine messaging. That’s a fact. 

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Helping advise a community of his followers that it will help them and others if they get the vaccine. No and no. 

Trump has not helped with vaccine messaging. That’s a fact. 

No the messaging problem is your data.

Under 40 and low BMI you ain't dying.  

Math.

People have assessed the risk.   

You're going to need the WHO and CCP to come up with a deadlier virus next time....

• Like (+1) 1

99% of COVID-19 hospital patients are unvaccinated

https://wsiltv.com/2021/07/15/99-of-covid-19-hospital-patients-are-unvaccinated/

White House: Florida accounts for 20 percent of all new COVID-19 infections

Florida is seeing some of the highest coronavirus hospitalizations, new infections and deaths per capita in the country. The numbers bottomed out as vaccinations became available but recently have been climbing.

Currently, the state is reporting an average of 29 new infections for every 100,000 people per day — more than four times the national average. 

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/563402-white-house-florida-accounts-for-20-percent-of-all-new-covid-infections

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No the messaging problem is your data.

Under 40 and low BMI you ain't dying.  

Math.

People have assessed the risk.   

You're going to need the WHO and CCP to come up with a deadlier virus next time....

The people currently using healthcare resources are unvaccinated. It's selfish and irresponsible because not only can they spread to others who may not be able to get vaccinated, they are using the limited healthcare resources. 

I don't personally care if they choose to die but I'd prefer they didn't take down others with them and not put others in need of healthcare resources at risk

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I actually would agree with you, save for the fact that a significant part of the population (12 and under) can’t yet receive a vax. So kids have to change their lives because of the stupid, selfish, and frankly wimpy behavior of many adults.  Once kids can get the vax (and I appreciate that there are some whose parents will misguidedly not permit that treatment), then it’s fair game.  In that context, though, unvaccinated COVID patients better not crowd our ICUs and hospitals.  

Did you get a lollipop with your shot?  I hope so.  Maybe it would make you feel better. 

The Q follower complains about control.  The irony is thick and delicious today. 

Stop calling people stupid when it comes to their personal medical decisions. You have no idea what someone may be dealing with.  Don’t be such an arse! 

7 minutes ago, ALF said:

99% of COVID-19 hospital patients are unvaccinated

https://wsiltv.com/2021/07/15/99-of-covid-19-hospital-patients-are-unvaccinated/

Florida is seeing some of the highest coronavirus hospitalizations, new infections and deaths per capita in the country. The numbers bottomed out as vaccinations became available but recently have been climbing.

Currently, the state is reporting an average of 29 new infections for every 100,000 people per day — more than four times the national average. 

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/563402-white-house-florida-accounts-for-20-percent-of-all-new-covid-infections

The current top 10:

image.thumb.png.95471485beeea6fe3f26e787acb2a5b9.png

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Stop calling people stupid when it comes to their personal medical decisions. You have no idea what someone may be dealing with.  Don’t be such an arse! 

If you have a medical reason for not getting the shot, by all means don't get it. Otherwise, it's stupid. Cartoon was right in the 30s and is right 90 years later. 

C2KFcQQWEAEBGyQ.thumb.jpg.69e4e8b42b6c390fece729127c1e5704.jpg

5 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

The current top 10:

image.thumb.png.95471485beeea6fe3f26e787acb2a5b9.png

If you have a medical reason for not getting the shot, by all means don't get it. Otherwise, it's stupid. Cartoon was right in the 30s and is right 90 years later. 

C2KFcQQWEAEBGyQ.thumb.jpg.69e4e8b42b6c390fece729127c1e5704.jpg

Then you agree with me…

25 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

The people currently using healthcare resources are unvaccinated. It's selfish and irresponsible because not only can they spread to others who may not be able to get vaccinated, they are using the limited healthcare resources. 

Making the case for why this is over, to stop all "bad" health habits (they're all a crisis), and for capitalism all in one post!

Nice work!

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Then you agree with me…

I agree with you that there is a very limited number of people who can justify not getting vaccinated and the rest are stupid. 

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Making the case for why this is over, to stop all "bad" health habits (they're all a crisis), and for capitalism all in one post!

Nice work!

Get a shot and stop hurting your fellow Americans. Doesn’t seem that hard. 

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ALF said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha someone is very scared of a certain governor that is going to win in 2024...

But super serious virus everybody!  

Let's not play politics with this thing now!

Can't wait for President DeSantis epic response to this....

Super serious y'all!   

• Agree 1