The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

The people currently using healthcare resources are unvaccinated. It's selfish and irresponsible because not only can they spread to others who may not be able to get vaccinated, they are using the limited healthcare resources. 

I don't personally care if they choose to die but I'd prefer they didn't take down others with them and not put others in need of healthcare resources at risk

The challenge here is they don’t think they’re going to die, they think the numbers support that analysis, and they think folks like you are presumptuous and a bit weak in the shorts for allowing yourself to be manipulated. They don’t think they’re selfish, they don’t care about your preferences, and aren’t worried about how you view them.  

Patrick Henry’s quote regarding freedom has endured for nearly 250 years:  “Give me liberty, or give me death!”

What people don’t remember is that his second cousin, Octavious ‘O’ Henry also made a declaration in 1775, albeit in private eating a bowl of lukewarm gruel he scrounged from the garbage outside the local redcoat officers quarters.  He said “Liberty sounds scary, and geesh—-what will the neighbors think?!”. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well this is promising...

"Furthermore, the ministers agreed to prepare for enforcing the "Happy Badge" that gives access to weddings and similar events with more than 100 guests only to those who are vaccinated, recovered or holders of a recent negative coronavirus test.

The system is only relevant for indoor gatherings where food and drinks are served and people both sit and stand. There will be no cap on participants, and people will be required to wear masks."

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/for-first-time-since-march-855-new-coronavirus-cases-in-israel-674084/amp?__twitter_impression=true

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

@Big Blitzweren't you shunning social media a few days ago?

quit you brokeback mountain GIF

Yep.  And will continue to do so.

The people that share their information on the only platforms that can get you the information asap are not the problem.  

The people that run it firmly in bed with dems and selectively choose what you'll see and how many people will see it are the problem.  

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Yep.  And will continue to do so.

The people that share their information on the only platforms that can get you the information asap are not the problem.  

The people that run it firmly in bed with dems and selectively choose what you'll see and how many people will see it are the problem.  

You keep linking to Twitter...

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The challenge here is they don’t think they’re going to die, they think the numbers support that analysis, and they think folks like you are presumptuous and a bit weak in the shorts for allowing yourself to be manipulated. They don’t think they’re selfish, they don’t care about your preferences, and aren’t worried about how you view them.  

Patrick Henry’s quote regarding freedom has endured for nearly 250 years:  “Give me liberty, or give me death!”

What people don’t remember is that his second cousin, Octavious ‘O’ Henry also made a declaration in 1775, albeit in private eating a bowl of lukewarm gruel he scrounged from the garbage outside the local redcoat officers quarters.  He said “Liberty sounds scary, and geesh—-what will the neighbors think?!”. 

Most people don’t care if someone chooses not to get vaccinated and dies. The open issue at this point is using health care resources unnecessarily. If you’ve chosen to skip the vaccine and get sick, die in your hole so health care workers and the health system don’t get bogged down. And of course spreading the disease to people who can’t get vaccinated is an even worse outcome of the decision to skip getting the vaccine. *

*for SoCal’s benefit, this excludes people with a medical reason who cannot get vaccinated and those who already had Covid. 

Just now, Sundancer said:

Most people don’t care if someone chooses not to get vaccinated and dies. The open issue at this point is using health care resources unnecessarily. If you’ve chosen to skip the vaccine and get sick, die in your hole so health care workers and the health system don’t get bogged down. And of course spreading the disease to people who can’t get vaccinated is an even worse outcome of the decision to skip getting the vaccine. *

*for SoCal’s benefit, this excludes people with a medical reason who cannot get vaccinated and those who already had Covid. 

Thanks! Much appreciated. 

FYI: There are MILLIONS of those people. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sundancer said:

I have no idea what the number is but for their sake especially, the rest of us need to get the shot.

If there’s 200 million adults and over 110 million who’ve already been vaccinated and 40 million who already had Covid and maybe another 10 million with a condition that makes it unwise….then isn’t all the hysteria you’re fuming about a bit over the top? 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If there’s 200 million adults and over 110 million who’ve already been vaccinated and 40 million who already had Covid and maybe another 10 million with a condition that makes it unwise….then isn’t all the hysteria you’re fuming about a bit over the top? 

I’m sitting on a beach vaccinated but guessing those 10 million (if that’s the number) see cases rising and are less sanguine. And my family who are in healthcare are less than thrilled to be treating Covid patients at the expense of others who could use their attention. 

9 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I’m sitting on a beach vaccinated but guessing those 10 million (if that’s the number) see cases rising and are less sanguine. And my family who are in healthcare are less than thrilled to be treating Covid patients at the expense of others who could use their attention. 

I was on a beach last week….likewise vaccinated. I’m thankful for your family, but I’m not willing to go as far as you on the name calling. My daughter is breast feeding a newborn. Is she stupid?

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was on a beach last week….likewise vaccinated. I’m thankful for your family, but I’m not willing to go as far as you on the name calling. My daughter is breast feeding a newborn. Is she stupid?

I don’t know what her pediatrician and OB/gyn recommended so beats me. If they recommended that she get the vaccine and she didn’t, yes. 

No vaccines, no dinner: indoor Greek restaurants accept only inoculated customers

ATHENS, July 16 (Reuters) - Restrictions allowing only people vaccinated against coronavirus to be served at indoor restaurants, bars and cafes went into effect in Greece on Friday, with diners broadly in favour of the measure as the country grapples with a surge in infections.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/no-vaccines-no-dinner-indoor-greek-restaurants-accept-only-inoculated-customers-2021-07-16/

tenor.gif

38 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

You’re framing the argument in wholly unproductive way.  No one chooses to “skip the vaccine, get sick and die in (a) hole..”.   You can keep repeating that over and over, it simply isn’t true.  

If your hot button issue is use of health care resources, welp, I can understand.  Personally, I support the right to make an informed choice about one’s own health care.  

22 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I don’t know what her pediatrician and OB/gyn recommended so beats me. If they recommended that she get the vaccine and she didn’t, yes. 

You want my granddaughter to have all sorts of unknown lifelong health complications so your cousin the nurse doesn’t have too much work to do today? We’re done here. You’re a clown!

Facts.....put Trump back on Social Media if you truly want to end the pandemic (lol sure) but this is correct if you want a spike in vaccinations.  

How many people has FB and Twitter killed bc Trump can't get the message to his 80 million followers....

A great thread btw

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You want my granddaughter to have all sorts of unknown lifelong health complications so your cousin the nurse doesn’t have too much work to do today? We’re done here. You’re a clown!

Actually I want your daughter to not get Covid and spread Covid to others, as well as use a limited resource that keeps other people alive. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

The people currently using healthcare resources are unvaccinated. It's selfish and irresponsible because not only can they spread to others who may not be able to get vaccinated, they are using the limited healthcare resources. 

I don't personally care if they choose to die but I'd prefer they didn't take down others with them and not put others in need of healthcare resources at risk

Are people like smokers, the obese, and those with herpes/STDs next on your irresponsible list?

I'd argue a smoker who got vaccinated but hasn't stopped smoking and similarly, an obese vaccinated person who's made no effort to lose weight, are just as irresponsible according to your concept.

They've done nothing to reduce their comorbidities of catching covid other than taking a shot and hoping they've got enough antibodies if necessary.

• Like (+1) 1